E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Clearing Faults - Suspension work

06-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Clearing Faults - Suspension work

I posted last week about DSC faults I got after my Eibach springs where installed.
I had the springs installed by a shop. I noticed my steering wheel was at about the 1 o’clock position when driving straight. The car did not pull either way.

On the freeway I could feel the DCS computer fighting to control the car. It felt like slight, rapid tugs on the steering wheel to either side. After 5 minutes I heard a set of Dings and the dash lit up with a series of amber indicators, including tire pressure, brakes, DSC, and finally settled on the small amber DCS off indicator and yellow “Brake” indicator the top section.

The little tugs where also gone and the car drove normally.

I had the alignment done, set back to within factory specs. The car still had the indications. They start when the key is inserted first thing.

I believe the faults have been latched into the DCS computer due to the fact that they are there instantly, before I start the car.

Is there any way to reset the DSC module?

Appreciate any help.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

OK, got it cleared.
I got this off of the e46 site. Placed my key fob in, pressed the start button without stepping on the brake and waited 2 minutes. I turned it off and started the car and no messages.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
Richwm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 330i 6MT, 01 E46 330i

Garage List
I hope this works for me also mine is doing the same thing.
Mar 05 Build date,2006 E90 330i, Sport Package, Premium Package, TR MT-1's . V-1 Hard-wired power with custom V-1 Concealment Display . Rear fogs, Rear power outlet's, M short shifter knob, BlackLines, BMW Strut tower bar, CDV Delete, Front M3 wishbones + tension struts, BMW Performance shocks and springs, BMW Performance Brake kit F&R, OEM short shift kit. Rear M3 Guide rods and Wishbones.
2006 E-90 330i with 302,000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
Richwm
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well that didn't work for me.
Mar 05 Build date,2006 E90 330i, Sport Package, Premium Package, TR MT-1's . V-1 Hard-wired power with custom V-1 Concealment Display . Rear fogs, Rear power outlet's, M short shifter knob, BlackLines, BMW Strut tower bar, CDV Delete, Front M3 wishbones + tension struts, BMW Performance shocks and springs, BMW Performance Brake kit F&R, OEM short shift kit. Rear M3 Guide rods and Wishbones.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
orionredwing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan, 135i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
I posted last week about DSC faults I got after my Eibach springs where installed.
I thought you had a set of ASTs from HPA? What happened??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwm View Post
Well that didn't work for me.
Before I got my BT tool and PROcede CANclear, I used to use the keyfob trick to clear engine codes. Not sure if it'll work with the DSC module, but you can try.

Simply remove your key fob and ensure power is off. Seems to make a difference if you ensure the power is off before trying the trick.

Now, very quickly, insert your key fob, and remove it 5-10 times rapidly. Just push, pull, push, pull quickly (click click click click....). Make sure you physically remove the fob as you pull (1/2 inch will do) as opposed to just pushing the key fob in repeatedly (that doesn't work).

Remove the key fob completely and ensure power is off. Now reinsert and start your car normally. Hopefully the error will go away

It works for my half/engine limp modes. I think it worked for a DSC malfunction once too (but I forget, it may have cleared normally). Good luck!

PROcede | AMS FMIC | AR Catless DPs | AR Oil Cooler | BMS DCI
Wavetrac LSD | KW V3 w/ Swift Springs | M3 Front Suspension
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Richwm
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I couldnt even clear the faults with my BT, according the dealer my BT was giving the wrong definition for the fault codes. They did a steering angle calabrate and the faults cleared then I drove about 5 miles and they came back on.
Appreciate 0