E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Alignment ... are these the proper values?

08-13-2010, 01:37 AM   #1
TheTwinz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 300Z

Alignment ... are these the proper values?

I recently had to get all 4 of my tires replaced after 26k miles because the rear tires were starting to show the steel mesh along the inner sidewall. Also, the rear passenger tire was leaking air about 2 psi every other week, but all other tires were fine. When I took my car in for the fuel pump last week, the dealer told me I should get an alignment. I lowered my car with KWV2s after maybe 1000 miles on the car, but never got an alignment after the installation. So while I was getting my 4 tires replaced and mounted, I had Discount Tire do an alignment on my car.

I have no idea how to read these printouts but the first printout is from a BMW dealer, while the second printout is from Discount Tire.

The bottom printout had values for a E46 2005 3 series. I'm not sure if that makes the Spec values much different or not. But the printout said that my Left Rear Toe was wayyyy out of spec. But that's not the tire that was leaking air. It was the rear passenger tire.. but, my before and after values were all within spec. The circled numbers were the big changes. Do those values correlate to having more wear/tear on the rear passenger tire? And for the caster value, the spec range is 5.1 to 6.0... but they left it at 7.0. Any reason for that?

I'm just trying to get an idea of whether Discount Tires did an adequate job on the alignment. I don't want to find out a year from now that they botched it and have to replace all my tires again.

Thanks
Appreciate 0