E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Confused about what to get

03-18-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
ronak223
Registered
Rep
Drives: none yet

Confused about what to get

First of all, I'm new to this board (though I've been lurking for quite a while). Glad I finally joined in

Now to the issue: I've been looking to get in to the Bimmer scene for a while, and finally have decided to get on it. Basically, there are two cars I am looking at: the 335i OR the 645ci.

Now I can get the exact kind of 335i I want for my price range and it wouldn't be much of a problem. However, I think I am leaning towards the 6er more. The problem is that the 645 is a 2005 model with about 46k miles on it. I know from experience that mercedes/bmw maintenance is rather high, and I was just wondering if the 46k miles on the engine would not be a good thing to inherit. Also, is it worth the slight drop in performance from the 335i to the 645ci to make a significant difference?

Thank you all i advance
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

The resale on the 335 cpe or cab is stronger proportionately than the 645.Since a new body 6er is coming next year as a hardtop cabriothe values on these cars have been dropping faster.Also,the maintenance can be fairly expensive when the car is out of warranty,so if you're going with a model that might be going out of warranty shortly,you need to factor that cost into the equation as well as buying extended maintenace since these are sold separately.

I would also consider buying a 335 new and doing a european delivery for the best bang for the buck !
Appreciate 0