BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Options

05-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sept 2019 Facelift X1 MSPORT

Options

Have ordered the car but there are 3 extras I haven't included and wondering whether I should. Budget is almost exhausted but I could survive on jam butties for a few years if I had too (no butter though).

They are,

M Sport Steering,
Extended Interior Light Package
Sun Protection Glass ( bearing in mind Uk weather ).

Which would you choose ?
      05-13-2019, 08:10 AM   #2
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone really glad they got any?
      05-13-2019, 09:42 AM   #3
Mushy007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 2D MH M Sport 2021

I have the interior light package and the sun protection glass, both worth while IMO.

SPG is great for the kids and makes the car look better and of a night the ILP works very well, in the front, just wish it had more color optiosn like the X2 and Mini(wife's car 9 colors)
Appreciate 1
Beagler74.50
      05-13-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy007 View Post
I have the interior light package and the sun protection glass, both worth while IMO.

SPG is great for the kids and makes the car look better and of a night the ILP works very well, in the front, just wish it had more color optiosn like the X2 and Mini(wife's car 9 colors)
Thanks Mushy looks like I’ll have to choose between Strawberry and Raspberry jam now.
      05-13-2019, 01:03 PM   #5
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

I've also got both options (sun protection glass and interior light package) and if I was really pushed to pick just one I would probably go with the sun protection glass. It's more practical; keeps the car cooler for our daughter, and the dog in the back, hides the interior better which may be a bit more of a deterrent for would-be opportunist window smashers, and looks good too. The interior light package looks quite fancy, but there are only two colour options (white and orange) and I doubt I would have paid extra for it (it was standard on my July 2016 UK build). I'm not sure exactly what you would lose without the interior light package. It's worth checking if you still get, for example, the reading/map lights, puddle lights in the doors etc., or whether it's just the fancy strips along the dash and door caps.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 1
Beagler74.50
      05-13-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
I've also got both options (sun protection glass and interior light package) and if I was really pushed to pick just one I would probably go with the sun protection glass. It's more practical; keeps the car cooler for our daughter, and the dog in the back, hides the interior better which may be a bit more of a deterrent for would-be opportunist window smashers, and looks good too. The interior light package looks quite fancy, but there are only two colour options (white and orange) and I doubt I would have paid extra for it (it was standard on my July 2016 UK build). I'm not sure exactly what you would lose without the interior light package. It's worth checking if you still get, for example, the reading/map lights, puddle lights in the doors etc., or whether it's just the fancy strips along the dash and door caps.

Hope that helps!
Thanks it does.
      05-13-2019, 04:37 PM   #7
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
I think all US X1 comes with dark rear passenger glass and orange/white lighting accents. If you can get the M sport steering I would certainly get it. I have the standard "leather" steering wheel and I'm using the term "leather" very loosely. It must be one sick cow to have skin like this.
Appreciate 1
Beagler74.50
      05-14-2019, 02:21 AM   #8
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
I think all US X1 comes with dark rear passenger glass and orange/white lighting accents. If you can get the M sport steering I would certainly get it. I have the standard "leather" steering wheel and I'm using the term "leather" very loosely. It must be one sick cow to have skin like this.
      05-14-2019, 04:18 AM   #9
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

I also have the glass and lightning packages, and would also recommend. Apart from the things said above, the dimmed glass also looks cool.

As for the steering wheel - I test drove a car with the M wheel and didn't like it much. Leather felt too slippery and the normal wheel looks better to me, to be honest. Plus you can always easily retrofit the steering wheel if you decide.
Appreciate 1
Beagler74.50
      05-14-2019, 06:11 AM   #10
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Called at Dealer today and added the three. Got both front and rear cameras for £400 as I have a Roadhawk in my Tiguan thats been unreliable.

Looking like just dry bead now, no Jam.
      05-14-2019, 07:52 AM   #11
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 orange x2 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
I also have the glass and lightning packages, and would also recommend. Apart from the things said above, the dimmed glass also looks cool.
Thor? is that you?

Appreciate 0