BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Anyone having vibrations while braking in reverse? (xdrive)

04-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
tonytwocans
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Anyone having vibrations while braking in reverse? (xdrive)

Is the dealership taking my coworker for a ride? Her 2016 X1 28i x drive has been under warrantied repair for about a month now. She was experiencing a loud grinding noise from behind her and a vibration in the brake pedal when she was braking in reverse. The replacements they first tried were both rear axle boots, rear axles, and then the rear brake pads, but the issue persisted. The next visit they smoothed down the rotors and finally just replaced both rear calipers in full. She picks up the car tomorrow and it remains to be seen if they've accomplished anything. She told me there were a few other x1's at the dealership for the same thing. Has anyone here ran into similar issues?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
PurePulse64
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

I had an issue with the brakes vibrating with medium to hard braking, they replaced the pads and smoothed the rotors and the problem went away.
Appreciate 0