BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Picked my new one up yesterday and LOVING it yayyy

03-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #1
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive 20i M Sport

Picked my new one up yesterday and LOVING it yayyy

I am so happy with the car, from the comfy seats that comes standard on the M Sport to the elevated driving position & just about everything else.

It was a long time arriving and was stuck at the docks for a few weeks due to the issue with the rear light - I thought I might have 'over waited' and wouldn't be happy with him...but I am really pleased.

Love the ACC, the comfort access & opening the boot with my foot. Trying to work out all the other goodies it comes with, but will have fun finding out.

I would post some photos, but he is just white & pretty because I like white cars - so I won't bore you with a photo.

Jean

BMWZ41909.50
      03-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
RobinLegin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Xline 2i petrol

Worth looking at the comments on the ACC on this forum. I suggest based on those, it’s used with caution in the snow, fog or heading into the sun. Enjoy the car though as you have certainly waited long enough for it.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #3
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLegin View Post
Worth looking at the comments on the ACC on this forum. I suggest based on those, it’s used with caution in the snow, fog or heading into the sun. Enjoy the car though as you have certainly waited long enough for it.
Hi Robin, thank you.
Yes, I had read the thread on the ACC & it has worried me, but I always was cautious with it and never quite trusted it. i had a very good system on my VW, I was rather hoping the BMW was going to be at least equal to that, but it doesn't sound like it...

Never mind, I will still have lots of fun with it :-)
      03-03-2019, 04:24 AM   #4
michael_p
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 sDrive20i xLine

I am very pleased indeed for you, and also that we are both happy it was indeed worth the extra wait.
I expect that your car has now done more miles than mine (100)! I've only actually been out in mine once, which was a week ago.😒 However I'm sure I'll soon be able to get out again.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 05:01 AM   #5
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie333 View Post
I am so happy with the car, ...

I would post some photos, but he is just white & pretty because I like white cars - so I won't bore you with a photo.

Jean

Congratulations, I have been following your thread on the delay and so pleased you finally got it.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 05:06 AM   #6
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
I am so happy with the car,

Jean

P.S - let us know how you get on with ACC and any other driver aids on this loaded M-sport of yours
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #7
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_p View Post
I am very pleased indeed for you, and also that we are both happy it was indeed worth the extra wait.
I expect that your car has now done more miles than mine (100)! I've only actually been out in mine once, which was a week ago.😒 However I'm sure I'll soon be able to get out again.
Thanks Michael, I have sat in it a lot - but not done many miles as its been raining and I don't want to get him wet

Its been fun keeping up with our deliveries :-)

Happy motoring
      03-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #8
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Congratulations, I have been following your thread on the delay and so pleased you finally got it.
awww, that is very kind, thank you
      03-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #9
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
P.S - let us know how you get on with ACC and any other driver aids on this loaded M-sport of yours
I'm still trying to work them all out!!

I'm getting on great with the ACC so far, but I have set the distance to maximum and - at first - my foot was hovering above the brake, but I'm starting to trust it a bit more now.
I use it mainly in urban driving, which I know isn't the 'norm' but it just means I can just sit back and chill in heavy traffic.

I love the way I can look up the full address of where I am going before I get in the car and can send the address to be downloaded into the Nav system when I get in. Thats a fab feature, which is probably on all the models (?)

I am not the longest person in the world (5'3") and I have found a really comfy seating position, so I am very happy with that aspect after some of the negative comments I have read on here. I kept the standard sport seats, but had the lumbar support added.

I had the comfort access and once I read how to open the boot with my foot, I seem to have perfected the art of opening it with one quick foot action.

I have not found a place to try out the assisted parking thingy, and as I can drive I dont need it but wanted to play with it and hopefully will do so soon

All going well so far, and thanks for your good wishes

Jean
      03-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #10
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote: 'I have not found a place to try out the assisted parking thingy, and as I can drive I don't need it but wanted to play with it and hopefully will do so soon.'
Hi Jeannie333 and pleased to see you seem to be so delighted with your X1.
I have the assisted parking but rarely use it, principally because it only works for parallel parking, but doesn't work for perpendicular parking e.g. car park bays in supermarkets etc. I was surprised to find that out shortly after collecting the car 3/18, because my previous Q3 would do either and seemed simpler to put into practice.
Anyway, hope you continue to be so delighted - I am
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #11
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
Quote: 'I have not found a place to try out the assisted parking thingy, and as I can drive I don't need it but wanted to play with it and hopefully will do so soon.'
Hi Jeannie333 and pleased to see you seem to be so delighted with your X1.
I have the assisted parking but rarely use it, principally because it only works for parallel parking, but doesn't work for perpendicular parking e.g. car park bays in supermarkets etc. I was surprised to find that out shortly after collecting the car 3/18, because my previous Q3 would do either and seemed simpler to put into practice.
Anyway, hope you continue to be so delighted - I am
Hi :-)

Now what you have just written concerns me, as I have been 100% told that it WILL perpendicular park & this was added during the latest update / enhancement!

I'm not sure how to check as I have just read my handbook and it only refers to parallel parking
I am not going to be happy if it doesn't as I specifically asked that question of the salesman!

I'll see what I can find out and update asap.
      03-05-2019, 02:03 AM   #12
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi :-)

I'll see what I can find out and update asap.
Hi again. I hope you get somewhere with your salesman, but I've just been on to the BMW X1 Configurator. Putting in the various options, when I get down to Park Assist and click on 'Information' the first sentence says:
'The Park Assist makes parallel parking easier.'

On the basis of that, I look forward to learning what your salesman has to say

I received a call from my selling dealer (Sytner) last week saying that as my car is coming up to its first birthday, they would like to give it a complimentary checkover and full interior/exterior valet. I've booked it in (they want it for approx 1.5 hours) and I'll be raising a couple of relatively minor issues for them to look at. To date I've been happy with their service. The car is covered by the 3 year service inclusive contract and should be due for the first service around August/September this year.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 03:09 AM   #13
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
Hi again. I hope you get somewhere with your salesman, but I've just been on to the BMW X1 Configurator. Putting in the various options, when I get down to Park Assist and click on 'Information' the first sentence says:
'The Park Assist makes parallel parking easier.'

On the basis of that, I look forward to learning what your salesman has to say

I received a call from my selling dealer (Sytner) last week saying that as my car is coming up to its first birthday, they would like to give it a complimentary checkover and full interior/exterior valet. I've booked it in (they want it for approx 1.5 hours) and I'll be raising a couple of relatively minor issues for them to look at. To date I've been happy with their service. The car is covered by the 3 year service inclusive contract and should be due for the first service around August/September this year.
I was looking at that service contract, but not sure if it will save me any money due to the low mileage I currently do, and large service intervals I used to have with my previous BMW's. Looks like you have a long service interval too and it sounds like you will have checked all that out and decided its worth taking out the service contract?

Oh dear, you are right - it doesn't reverse park (perpendicular is too long a word for me to type ) I just checked the manual and the online Genius person.
Its not a deal breaker, but I am quite annoyed that I was mislead. My salesman was / is very nice but he has messed a few things up, which is blinking annoying. He was a mechanic but has only recently gone into sales, bless him, and so I think he is still learning.

When configuring the car, I made it clear I wanted the designation on the rear of the car removed (except the X1) but wanted the 'M Sport' left on as it looks pretty on the white background & breaks up the white. When I went to pick it up, the M sport was missing and the designation was on the back!
He said 'come back in a few days and we will change it' - I said 'how about you change it now, or I don't pick up the car nor pay until it's sorted?'. He went for the latter option

When I first considered placing the order, I told him delivery time was of the essence and he said he could get it delivered the second week of January. So I placed the order. When the paperwork came through, the delivery time had been changed to 29th January & when I queried it he said 'oh yes, well I couldn't get the original build slot, so it pushed it back 2 weeks'....I wasn't happy as he should have told me that when I ordered it.

There were a couple of other things he got wrong too...so I will be interested what he says about this one. To be honest, if anything, that is the one I am most likely to use - the reverse park, so I am a bit miffed.
But luckily I love the car so its not the end of the world, and the rear camera should help.

I nearly got my car through Synter, as they offer a Blue Light discount, but I left a message to get called back, and they finally rung back after 6 days! By which time I had placed the order locally.
However, I doubt they could have matched my 10% discount plus LifeShine thrown in AND I got very top end for the p/ex on my Golf, which in the end BMW underwrote due to the late delivery of the car.

Im a happy bunny overall
      03-05-2019, 11:01 AM   #14
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote: 'I was looking at that service contract, but not sure if it will save me any money due to the low mileage I currently do, and large service intervals I used to have with my previous BMW's. Looks like you have a long service interval too and it sounds like you will have checked all that out and decided its worth taking out the service contract?'
Fortunately I managed to get the service contract included in the deal whilst I was in the negotiating stage. I had asked them to include a couple of other things (can't recall now which ones!) on a Friday afternoon and the sales chap came back to me and said if I'd go ahead there and then he'd include what I had asked for plus the services. I cover c12k miles pa, so from my perspective it made sense. I had done the same when buying two previous Audi cars, so haven't had to pay for a service for a very long time!! I suppose though that the reality is that I have paid for it somewhere in the buying process .
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:17 PM   #15
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

This is the first car I decided against a service deal on the car.
The service now only covers 36,000mils or 36month. The car has to be within 1000 miles of the service due mileage in the cbs to be carried out. It is set on 18,000 but on by previous cars it was always 19,000 by the time it was due,so it's very borderline if you can get two oil services,so the likely hood is only getting 1 oil service and 1 vehicle check for the £299. The present deal excludes the brake fluid service due at 36 month --- on the e84 this was included.
At present adding the figure before oil service is due to the mileage reading has been indicating approaching 19,000 miles
Over the last few cars the mileage covered came down from 60,000 to 50,000 to 36,000 miles.

Last edited by Abh29; 03-05-2019 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #16
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

You did really well to get that thrown in! Well done you ...

Apparently when its due it first service, they will offer me the deal again, and so I can work out whether it will save me money.

I agree that it might not be a good deal if its only covering one service.

I'll wait and see what happens.

My salesman didn't respond to my email about the reverse parking - little bugger.

It got wet tonight as its been pouring down with rain and it was him or me - and I won

Its really interesting getting everyone perspective on various things, which is why I love forums like this.
      03-05-2019, 02:50 PM   #17
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 orange x2 xDrive28i

Quote:
My salesman didn't respond to my email about the reverse parking - little bugger.
I have never heard of any vehicle that will do automated perpendicular parking (but leave that to Tesla), it's only parallel parking that's automated.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 04:33 AM   #18
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I have never heard of any vehicle that will do automated perpendicular parking (but leave that to Tesla), it's only parallel parking that's automated.

Its very common and is a feature on most other BMW's, definitely the X3 and X5

It is also on the VW Tiguan, as I sat in the car when the salesman demo'ed it. So its very disappointing that such a common feature is not on the X1

03-06-2019, 04:45 AM   #19
martinx1
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1 x line 2.0 Petrol 2018

My daughter inlaw has a ford focus 67 plate and it will park itself both ways
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 06:27 AM   #20
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its very common and is a feature on most other BMW's, definitely the X3 and X5

It is also on the VW Tiguan, as I sat in the car when the salesman demo'ed it. So its very disappointing that such a common feature is not on the X1
Interesting, I wonder why it's not a common option for the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #21
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

Why would you need perpendicular park assist anyways ?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 09:59 AM   #22
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
Why would you need perpendicular park assist anyways ?
I was thinking the same, but then I also learned how to drive and parallel park so I don't need the assist...
Appreciate 0