BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Retrof. Speedometer, paddles, shiftknob - LCI f48?

02-16-2019, 05:21 AM   #1
nikotino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4 -16

Retrof. Speedometer, paddles, shiftknob - LCI f48?

Hello!

I have just bought one x1 m-sport. I like the car.
But, WTF is going on whit that shift knob?

- I am looking to upgrade this if any one knows the best easiest solution plz tell me, uss.

- As for the paddles, I already have the m-stering, which I have understood; I can retrofit the paddles and then code with bimmercode?

- Same whit the speedometer; is it possible to retrofit to LCI?

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 06:00 AM   #2
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikotino View Post
Hello!

But, WTF is going on whit that shift knob?

- As for the paddles, I already have the m-stering, which I have understood; I can retrofit the paddles and then code with bimmercode?

- Same whit the speedometer; is it possible to retrofit to LCI?

Many thanks!
Hi
I know the paddles can definitely be retrofitted. Wheel Rear cover is slightly different ( mounting point) , people cut or replace cover. I would check repair & tech service manual (available online to view) as well as Realoem to see whether you need to replace the connecting line - wiring loom section). People have done the retrofit. With regard to the instrument cluster (speedo) I have been looking myself but yet to find out is retrofit is possible and what coding issues would be (I believe it keeps digital mileage count).

Last edited by MJE60; 02-16-2019 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 06:56 AM   #3
nikotino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4 -16

Thanks mje60, for respons.

I found this, what you guys think in a scale from 1-10?
It looks like plug n play, right?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-F30-F...sAAOSwJiRb1GmS
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #4
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

The M package on the X1 doesn't include the paddle shifters and the famous BMW shifter. In fact BMW no longer includes the famous blue BMW sport calipers with any M package. With some models they can ordered separately but not with the X1! I preferred the look of the our upscale model here in Canada. We get the US model which includes a panoramic sunroof and added insulation and a thicker front windshield. Our cars are a lot quieter than the UK models. I watched a few youtube reviews from the UK. I can tell you my car (which is about 1 month old now) is among the very quietest cars that I have driven....and I'm 63 and been driving since I'm 16. You can though, purchase a kit for the BMW sport shifter without the paddles. And they are plug and play from what I know and are not expensive on some sites. BTW - I painted my calipers the next day and I also put on the clear hood bra (3m) which include the mirrors, headlights and the top of the rear bumper to protect against scratches while loading the trunk (boot). Im thinking of getting the Burger Motor Sports JB4+ Bluetooth Chip and 19" Aftermarket wheels with 245-40 on all 4 corners. This is a more aggressive set-up and looks hot IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 04:34 PM   #5
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

oh I forgot to mention that that the paddle shifters and the sport shifter are an option. About $1000 Can which is about $650 USD. Eur about 550?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mje60, for respons.

I found this, what you guys think in a scale from 1-10?
It looks like plug n play, right?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-F30-F...sAAOSwJiRb1GmS
Yes, correct part. Paddles need coding.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 03:31 PM   #7
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Hello!

But, .... is it possible to retrofit to LCI?

Many thanks!
O.k the new Lci cluster can be retrofitted.

If you get a new “virgin” cluster from the dealer it is plug and play. They ain’t cheap. If you get one second hand it has to be flashed, and various other dark art tricks to get it to work otherwise it throws error codes and displays dashes for mileage and a red dot tamper warning. Flash service about £200/$300 . Problem also us that most clusters are KM so no good for U.K./USA.

Should you do it? I looked at them and spoke to someone who knows their stuff. The F48 cluster is not full lcd, it is basically the analogue cluster with some trickery. I think a total waste of money. Now if we could fit the 6WB cluster from x5, that would be worth doing. [I measured, it is too wide].
Appreciate 0