proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

08-01-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
cnofar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Jerez Black/Fox Red

Paint protection film vendors in southeast Michigan?

I just purchased a 2015 M3 in Yas Maina Blue. I'd like to get a paint protection film done nearby but not sure who does good work and what this should cost. Any suggestions/experience on location and cost that are reasonable?
      08-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnofar View Post
I just purchased a 2015 M3 in Yas Maina Blue. I'd like to get a paint protection film done nearby but not sure who does good work and what this should cost. Any suggestions/experience on location and cost that are reasonable?
There's a lot actually, I'm not from Michigan but live in Detroit Metro. There are more stones on the road (and potholes) then any other places I've ever been to which includes many 3rd world countries and because of that there are a lot of PPF places. New Layer Customs is probably the best work I've seen in Michigan (the owner is from NYC and has worked on many and mainly highend vehicles), theres also Motorcity Autospa that is good, and Sunshade tinting. Sunshade put tints on my windows, they did a good job on the tints but damaged my A-pillar interor cover (its a $50 piece but they are expensive for tints and should have been more careful). If your car is new there's also Esoteric in Columbus, they are considered #1 in the country by many professional detailers and film guys. If its not new Esoteric will not touch your car, they will not work on anything with chips. If you need more advice PM me. My car was wrapped up in Canada at Xpel's main Canadian facility I can show you what that looks like if you want as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
cnofar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Jerez Black/Fox Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch32 View Post
There's a lot actually, I'm not from Michigan but live in Detroit Metro. There are more stones on the road (and potholes) then any other places I've ever been to which includes many 3rd world countries and because of that there are a lot of PPF places. New Layer Customs is probably the best work I've seen in Michigan (the owner is from NYC and has worked on many and mainly highend vehicles), theres also Motorcity Autospa that is good, and Sunshade tinting. Sunshade put tints on my windows, they did a good job on the tints but damaged my A-pillar interor cover (its a $50 piece but they are expensive for tints and should have been more careful). If your car is new there's also Esoteric in Columbus, they are considered #1 in the country by many professional detailers and film guys. If its not new Esoteric will not touch your car, they will not work on anything with chips. If you need more advice PM me. My car was wrapped up in Canada at Xpel's main Canadian facility I can show you what that looks like if you want as well.
Thank you, the recommendations are helpful as I'm new to all this. I'll be giving Sunshade and New Layers Customs a call soon.

Regards,
Christopher
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #4
Teeone
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

I used detail express in Keego Harbor and I could not be more pleased. I paid a lot less there than what I was quoted at two other places in the area. I frankly don’t see how some of these places can charge what they do for the same thing. I got wrapped edges and have not seen any issues at all. I had an appointment with a premiere spot in town. Two month wait. I was told they were the best. After I researched more, and my buddy talked with the owner of the premiere place about pricing, I went elsewhere and spent $1100 instead of $3000. I can’t imagine seeing a difference...... it maybe time will tell, as it has only been 1 year. It’s ppf afterall. And it can be removed.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #5
Agent11br
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Garage List
Congrats on the new ride!

Good thread on this for locals looking for Xpel: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1461550

My $.02: Fade to Black, hands down. Have had a few cars done there including my M. Great owner, great work. Just look at the cars he works on and his clients. Also had my tint done there.