BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 540i xdrive, alarm “shouts” EVERY hour since yesterday, makes me insane

12-25-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

540i xdrive, alarm “shouts” EVERY hour since yesterday, makes me insane

Hi.

I have driven in germany to visit my friend for birthday. Since 19:50 it started every hour to turn on the alarm.. idk why.. 19:50, 20:50, 21:50 etc..

I looked to manual to turn the sensors off but it doesnt work. The car disturbing neighbours.. idk what to do with that.. and I cant let my car unlocked :-(

And ofc its holidays, nobody in services. Idk what to do, cant turn it off every hour for 2 days..

Last edited by BiGFather; 12-26-2017 at 04:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
CC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 530i

Maybe this earlier thread will help?

OMG Help. Alarm keeps going off. http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1412822
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #3
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Thx for ur advice but I havent let install nobody and nothing external to my car. Its just like it was from factory. I only used wax on paint one day after I took my car from saloon. Nothing changed except winter tires. Car taken from saloon 7/2017, winter tires end of 10/2017. Nothing more.. and it started today. Now again....
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Hmm in bmw connected told me to unplug battery and then put it in service. Lol but i am 400km from home and it might delete everything lol..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 04:35 AM   #5
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Hello. So my update : Nothing helped, the technician at final called me he gonna come for car or he will unplug the battery...for 380€ lol - I said I got warranty but he replied that he is not bmw but conracted guy. He told me he still gonna not solve it just take out the car on some parking to let it here with alarm beeping.. So I contacted my seller who said “nobody is here come 2.1.2018” lol... nice emergency. So I called in other saloon (where they solved my speaker problems) and I will go there tomorrow morning. Hope they will know what to do and lend me some car because its really big sh*t between holidays to not have a car. Btw its impossible to turn off the alarm or part of it(sensors) and let car locked, nothing works - manual, technician advices.

At 5am I f*ucked on it and kept the car unlocked, nice adrenalin during Xmas.

It´s nice to have a car for 77k € which is buggy and nobody gonna help u. Funny is I just can have it unlocked / locked but every 1 hour needed to open locked to turn off beeping sh*t alarm.

Next time I am gonna buy a cheap old crap car.

Last edited by BiGFather; 12-26-2017 at 04:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 01:25 AM   #6
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Sorry to hear what had happened to your car . There's a SOS button over the headliner may be you may also press it to contact a BMW Customer Service .
I think that's a glitch a cheap car can also pose some quirks as well
Skoda is a decent car brand ,good to see a cheap communist car is a thing of long gone past thanks in part to VW .
Buying a cheap crap car is not sensible thing to do , I used to have a XJ40 and I was fed up with its never ending problems and finally I got rid of it .
      12-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #7
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Sorry to hear what had happened to your car . There's a SOS button over the headliner may be you may also press it to contact a BMW Customer Service .
I think that's a glitch a cheap car can also pose some quirks as well
Skoda is a decent car brand ,good to see a cheap communist car is a thing of long gone past thanks in part to VW .
Buying a cheap crap car is not sensible thing to do , I used to have a XJ40 and I was fed up with its never ending problems and finally I got rid of it .
Ty mate. I contacted costumer service, they told me to unplug the battery lol.. then some technician should come to me cuz car was shouting in night but at final some guy called he can take my car to parking or unplug the battery for 380€ lol.. so its useless. Since morning its in service but i still got no info. Got mini cooperS as temporary car but I must give it back tomorrow evening must leave my city friday for new year holidays.. well I hope they gonna contact me and I will make deal with them - decode alarm temporarily and then solve that in 2018.

I dont count they gonna solve it till tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 01:19 AM   #8
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
Ty mate. I contacted costumer service, they told me to unplug the battery lol.. then some technician should come to me cuz car was shouting in night but at final some guy called he can take my car to parking or unplug the battery for 380€ lol.. so its useless. Since morning its in service but i still got no info. Got mini cooperS as temporary car but I must give it back tomorrow evening must leave my city friday for new year holidays.. well I hope they gonna contact me and I will make deal with them - decode alarm temporarily and then solve that in 2018.

I dont count they gonna solve it till tomorrow
I think they will fix it one way or another .Something also came in my mind which hopefully you would not need to use :try to manually lock and unlock the car using the physical key
Besides,if it doesn't work open the doors , push the door lock buttons in and close the doors . That trick worked to defy the recalcitrant alarm that would go off in my Jaaggggggggg
      12-28-2017, 02:38 AM   #9
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Ah I havent tried it and bmw support didnt told me about too.. well mb i will. Thx mate.

Problem is I heard the alarm when I was abroad.. cuz it was by the friends house but here I usually have it in garage 4 floors below my flat so I rly dunno if it does or not.. and.. it might do that only in freeze/rain (I have it in warm garage since I bought it). In freeze my car was just twice and in the second situation it did it.. well we got cameras in garrage so I mb can ask the security if they see that but u know its too much disturb. I hope its gonna be ok from service because I need to go on new year celebration for 4 days..

By the way : any way to see somewhere my stock alarm shouted and how many times? Key/app or in car?
Its thing I havent found and might be rly helpful. I miss that function so much..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 04:34 AM   #10
lnaukkar
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: G30 530e, F40 118i

Its a shame Connected app doesn't seem to contain anything alarm related. I guess the only way to see alarm status remotely is to use the display key.

fyi, You can disable the tilt and motion sensors by pressing the lock button twice in 10 secs. Press once, doors lock. Press again, motion and tilt sensors go off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
By the way : any way to see somewhere my stock alarm shouted and how many times? Key/app or in car?
Its thing I havent found and might be rly helpful. I miss that function so much..
You know that red alarm indicator led. When you unlock the car it stops blinking unless the alarm has gone off. So, if it keeps on blinking all the way til you press start, then the alarm has gone off.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 05:09 AM   #11
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnaukkar View Post
Its a shame Connected app doesn't seem to contain anything alarm related. I guess the only way to see alarm status remotely is to use the display key.

fyi, You can disable the tilt and motion sensors by pressing the lock button twice in 10 secs. Press once, doors lock. Press again, motion and tilt sensors go off.

You know that red alarm indicator led. When you unlock the car it stops blinking unless the alarm has gone off. So, if it keeps on blinking all the way til you press start, then the alarm has gone off.
Hi, ye I know this, its in manual and technicians adviced me also but it bugs, I cant turn it off.. only way to turn it off was unlock the car.

On display key? Where? I havent see it. There is just how much km u can go, ventilation etc but not the alarm.

Now they called me the car is done and repaired - not specified so I am rly interrested what it was
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 02:08 PM   #12
bpbaud
Private
Rep
Drives: 530i

So what was wrong with it? Did they fix it?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 07:08 AM   #13
BiGFather
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbaud View Post
So what was wrong with it? Did they fix it?
Hey.. well. The car was in service for 1 day. Meanwhile they lend me a mini cooper s cabrio.

When I came for car next day a receptionist(lol) gave me to sign a protocol with words (technicians are busy). She read me “analyse, programming, test”. And thats repaired..

I have noticed that car has some things resetted so they just reinstalled some sw I think or mb recalibrated the interior sensor.. but its funny Idk what was wrong..

Now I am for 4 days out, my car is at home in garrage so I mb will have empty battery. Idk.. I still think its some hw which bugs in winter freeze not in my garrage cuz some of neighbours would tell me about an All day alaraming car..
Appreciate 0