BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) UK Price rise & Spec change

07-04-2016, 03:55 AM   #1
MrTracey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive20i MSport

UK Price rise & Spec change

I went on the BMW UK configurator this morning and noticed
  • the prices for the petrol Sport, Xline and M-Sport have all gone up by £560 (didn't look at the diesels)
  • You can now only get the Sport Auto, not the standard auto (Sport auto was £135 extra over standard auto)

Apart from Sport Auto as standard on the petrol versions, I'm not sure if you get anything else for the extra £560. Anyone know?

I've already ordered mine 3 weeks ago - with standard auto at the pre-increase price (I just don't like the flappy paddles on the steering wheel. Got them on my M135i and never use them - they just get in the way as far as I'm concerned).
      07-04-2016, 04:05 AM   #2
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Sliding rear seats are now standard (was around £200-ish I think). Stainless steel bumper protection is also standard now (used to be an accessory; £150-ish). Nothing else has changed as far as I know. £560 sounds about right for these three changes.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 04:24 AM   #3
MrTracey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD View Post
Sliding rear seats are now standard (was around £200-ish I think). Stainless steel bumper protection is also standard now (used to be an accessory; £150-ish). Nothing else has changed as far as I know. £560 sounds about right for these three changes.
Sliding rear seats & Stainless steel bumper protection were already included before this price-rise. They have been included since April 2016 (price went up by about £150). I have them included as standard on my June 14th order.

So, that just leaves Sport Auto instead of normal auto for £560? BMW factoring in a falling £ post-Brexit?

Last edited by MrTracey; 07-04-2016 at 04:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 05:40 AM   #4
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTracey View Post
Sliding rear seats & Stainless steel bumper protection were already included before this price-rise. They have been included since April 2016 (price went up by about £150). I have them included as standard on my June 14th order.

So, that just leaves Sport Auto instead of normal auto for £560? BMW factoring in a falling £ post-Brexit?
Not a clue.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 06:45 AM   #5
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Doesnt the UK price usually go up with a MY change ?
Here it does, even if no spec changes are announced.

MY2017 X1 build started 1 July 2016
      07-04-2016, 08:16 AM   #6
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

I've just compared, purely by eye, two different "X1 Standard Equipment Highlights" PDFs, one from January 2016 and a more recent one dated May 2016. The only things I could find that appeared to be different are:

60:40 manually sliding rear bench - not mentioned in the Jan 2016 PDF
Speed Limit Information (shown in the instrument cluster) - new in May 2016 PDF
Larger fuel tank capacity (xDrive20i) - new in May 2016 PDF
Kidney grille with extra-wide High-gloss Black vertical slats (M Sport) - couldn't see this in the Jan 2016 PDF

Other than that the two PDFs looked pretty similar, although the paragraph ordering of the items made it a bit trickier to compare between the two revisions. The May 2016 file is the latest on showing on the BMW UK website. There may be more differences in the Brochure; as I say this is the Standard Equipment document.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #7
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

Quote:

keep me posted as to when yours arrives as I ordered mine one day before you... I'm trying to resist contacting the bmw genius everyday!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #8
ArkansasBrit
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 2.0i xLine on Order

One other change.....

There seems to be one other small change in the Options.

See picture of page 16 in the UK price list from July 2016 (on left) vs March 2016

Option 6AR (Internet) is no longer available. Not sure why.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #9
MrTracey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
I've just compared, purely by eye, two different "X1 Standard Equipment Highlights" PDFs, one from January 2016 and a more recent one dated May 2016. The only things I could find that appeared to be different are:

60:40 manually sliding rear bench - not mentioned in the Jan 2016 PDF
Speed Limit Information (shown in the instrument cluster) - new in May 2016 PDF
Larger fuel tank capacity (xDrive20i) - new in May 2016 PDF
Kidney grille with extra-wide High-gloss Black vertical slats (M Sport) - couldn't see this in the Jan 2016 PDF
All the above are included in my 14th June order. I think the M-sport kidney grille has been there all along.
Looks like the price increase and change to Sport Automatic as standard happened sometime after 21st June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_rx7 View Post
keep me posted as to when yours arrives as I ordered mine one day before you... I'm trying to resist contacting the bmw genius everyday!!!!
I've been checking my status weekly. Still at 1100 ("Scheduled"), however today the delivery date came forward from week 34 (last week in August) to week 31 (1st week in August). I'd rather the later date as I want to register it on or after 1st Sept. so the less time it spends in a compound the better.
      07-04-2016, 10:24 AM   #10
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

My order went in at the very end of May (xDrive20i xLine) and the rear bench option was in there as standard (4FD - Seat adjustment for rear seats) as was the larger fuel tank (1AG), but I didn't see a specific option code for the speed limit information. Does this have a code on your option list? Or is it just included with Nav (6UN) do you know?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 11:19 AM   #11
MrTracey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My order went in at the very end of May (xDrive20i xLine) and the rear bench option was in there as standard (4FD - Seat adjustment for rear seats) as was the larger fuel tank (1AG), but I didn't see a specific option code for the speed limit information. Does this have a code on your option list? Or is it just included with Nav (6UN) do you know?
Regarding Speed Limit Display, I think I've mis-read some info on the BMW configurator.
I have selected the Advanced Navigation pack which includes the HUD. In the description of the HUD, it states "The display includes data such as the current speed and – depending on the equipment – navigation tips, Speed Limit Info...."
So I thought I had it becuase I had the HUD - but on re-reading I think you need the Driver Assistance pack to get Speed Limit Info. Sorry for the confusion.
      07-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
Regarding Speed Limit Display, I think I've mis-read some info on the BMW configurator.
I have selected the Advanced Navigation pack which includes the HUD. In the description of the HUD, it states "The display includes data such as the current speed and – depending on the equipment – navigation tips, Speed Limit Info...."
So I thought I had it becuase I had the HUD - but on re-reading I think you need the Driver Assistance pack to get Speed Limit Info. Sorry for the confusion.
This option has caused confusion for as long as I can remember....in some markets, you could only get the Speed Limit info if you specified the Driver Assistance pack...it transpires, in the UK at least, that speed limit info is standard without speccing the option! A massive PITA for those who paid extra for the option though...
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #13
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
It's std on UK cars...
Appreciate 1