BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Driverside mirror tilting down on its own

06-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #1
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

Driverside mirror tilting down on its own

Hi all. I originally thought that that perhaps I was somehow hitting the down button on my mirror adjustment by accident but I have concluded now the my car will tilt the driver side mirror down after I lock the car. That in itself is not a huge problem except that the mirror will not tilt back up automatically. I have to use the controls to reposition the mirror. This is sporadic and sometimes it does it every time it lock the car. It doesn't matter if I fold the mirrors or not. The only way to temporarily stop this from happening is by using the memory button to have the car adjust the mirror for me.

I have taken the car to the dealer and of course they found no error codes nor could they get the tilt to occur. Next time, I will wait til it starts tilting the mirror down consistently and bring it into the dealer before using the memory button to clear the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 10:29 PM   #2
nickrice20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive

Same problem here. Already complained on another forum and it seems to be a common BMW problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 10:57 PM   #3
Shubha29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

There is a long thread here for the same issue:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=904137

I recently found if you set ur setting to both of the memories, it will take one of it as default M1 / M2 and will not happen anymore. So for once set it to both the Memories and see if it resolves.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 04:05 AM   #4
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

bmtespar - UK spec xLine 20i with comfort access and electric seats here and two months old - I have not noticed this problem at all so far. Then I thought that only unusual thing at my end is that my wife has not had courage to drive the X1 yet (as she is used to her very small car) and so the second key has not been used at all yet. If we find any issues when we start to use the second key I will let you know.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 04:38 AM   #5
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Issue I am having is that the keys do not automatically reset the driving position for that key. When I get into the car with my key after my wife has driven the car I have to press one of the memory buttons to get my settings, did this automatically when we first got the car so not sure what had changed...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 10:01 AM   #6
melissa.mann
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

I'm currently undergoing the same issue. I purchased my X1 in March 2016. My drivers-side mirror points down to the door handle at least 25% of the time.. more-so on the second key. They're replaced the motor, reset the profiles, and now they're saying it could be a software issue and are waiting on BMW tech engineers to write new code. I think there's also a seat memory issue involved as well. I've complained to BMW customer service and it's been at the dealership for almost a month. Basically- they don't know how to fix it. Did anyone request a buyback by chance or any positive outcome? It hasn't been a positive BMW experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #7
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

This is just an observation, and may not be related, but when I've coded a new option into the BDC_BODY controller (which is responsible for the mirrors) the module "reboots" itself and during this process the driver's side mirror drops down. I just have to press the memory-recall button once on the seat to bring it back and all is well.

Fortunately I've never had the mirror drop unexpectedly at any other time (yet!)
Appreciate 0