BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) European Delivery X1 (Audi Convertee)

04-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #1
roozybeh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 BMW X1 x-drive

European Delivery X1 (Audi Convertee)

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and the brand.
Long time Audi fan but this is what it came down to:

Loved the Q3 drive and price point since everything I was looking for come standard on the Quatro. However, Audi failed horribly to give me ANY real discount beside the 5% for ED and $500 for loyalty. After being a customer for 9 years, they didn't even blink as I walked out.

On the other hand, BMW gave me a heck of a discount. The order sheet is attached. The total price including the floor mats without the ED discount came to roughly $40010.00 and after all the discounts and incentives my final negotiated price was $35150.00.

Pretty much got a nice quote from BMW in Silver Springs MD and sent it to my local dealer in Philadelphia and they gave me their bottom line. Sent the Philadelphia quote to Silver Spring and the sales guy said that he cannot even match it. So the deal was done.

Pick-up date is 18-May in Munich and I will be road tripping through 7 countries visiting family and friends and dropping the car off at the port in Amsterdam.

Over all i'm very happy with my choice. Love the new body design and the price!
What swayed me toward BMW X1 was:
- New design (more SUV like)
- Better gas milage
- Way nicer and higher quality interior (WTH happened to Audi but i think A4 isn't really comparable to Q3)
- They met my delivery date for May
- Price

I also looked at the X3, but there is no ED for the X3 and I wanted the experience of ED since i've done it before with Audi.

On the order, I decided to opt out of the run-flats. They give me a jack and spare for free when you delete the RFTs. Really wanted to get other packages like the Driver assistant (Especially for the park distance control) and the Luxury package (purely for the Fine-wood Oak Grain Trim)... but i suppose in three years =)

I was looking at the forum and saw that many people code their BMWs. This is something that i'm interested in. So if anyone in the PA/NJ/DE area is an expert and willing to help, PM me and I will treat you to an excellent case of Brew or your choice of poison.

Interested to hear your thoughts. I will also follow up with the ED pictures and such.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW X1 Order-MOD.pdf (1.56 MB, 448 views)
Appreciate 8
      04-18-2016, 11:02 PM   #2
Shubha29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozybeh View Post
Hi Everyone,

Loved the Q3 drive and price point since everything I was looking for come standard on the Quatro. However, Audi failed horribly to give me ANY real discount beside the 5% for ED and $500 for loyalty. After being a customer for 9 years, they didn't even blink as I walked out.

On the other hand, BMW gave me a heck of a discount. The order sheet is attached. The total price including the floor mats without the ED discount came to roughly $40010.00 and after all the discounts and incentives my final negotiated price was $35150.00.

Pretty much got a nice quote from BMW in Silver Springs MD and sent it to my local dealer in Philadelphia and they gave me their bottom line. Sent the Philadelphia quote to Silver Spring and the sales guy said that he cannot even match it. So the deal was done.

Pick-up date is 18-May in Munich and I will be road tripping through 7 countries visiting family and friends and dropping the car off at the port in Amsterdam.

- Better gas milage
- Way nicer and higher quality interior (WTH happened to Audi but i think A4 isn't really comparable to Q3)
- Price

I also looked at the X3, but there is no ED for the X3 and I wanted the experience of ED since i've done it before with Audi.

On the order, I decided to opt out of the run-flats. They give me a jack and spare for free when you delete the RFTs. Really wanted to get other packages like the Driver assistant (Especially for the park distance control) and the Luxury package (purely for the Fine-wood Oak Grain Trim)... but i suppose in three years =)

I was looking at the forum and saw that many people code their BMWs. This is something that i'm interested in. So if anyone in the PA/NJ/DE area is an expert and willing to help, PM me and I will treat you to an excellent case of Brew or your choice of poison.

Interested to hear your thoughts. I will also follow up with the ED pictures and such.

Cheers
I can code u'r vehicle if u drop in, in PA area - Scranton. Done almost all for mine and they work great.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 11:51 PM   #3
roozybeh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you so much shubha29. Will definitely take you on that offer. Can't wait for the car to get here!

It still hasn't even started production yet and my delivery in Munich is exactly a month away. Kinda worried if it's actually going to be done! Haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 10:21 AM   #4
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats. I had an Audi once. I don't like them nor their dealers. The BMW ED experience is unbelievable. Looking forward to your pics.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
loukas135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Yeah congrats but I'm sad to read your comments regarding the price factor being the trigger for your purchase. I'm hearing you in a sense but seriously I would not walk away from a car I want simply because I can have a cheaper one from another brand. It's the enthusiast in me speaking here.

When I first purchase my original X1 in October 2011, I was prepared for the arm wrestling fight with my dealer. We were able to settle but I would not have walked away to get a Q5 by comparaison ... Luxury brand are a pain to negotiate compared to casual dealer ( depending on the demand/offer of the model ).

There is some tools in Canada to know the actual margin dealers are making on the cars they sell so it comes to what they and you could afford. But again I wouldn't have get away from my X1 because Mercedes would gave me 2500 $ on a GLK ...

But hey ... it's me. Glad BMW gave you the discount you were searching for. It will let you discover what the "competitor" ( vs Audi ) is offering.

But honestly in terms of dynamics compared to your Q3, the difference would have been bigger with the old E84 or a 3 Series Touring. I don't think the driving dynamics would differ greatly from your Audi ...

I would be pleased to hear from you when you'll be ready to give us your thoughts on the two models.

Have a nice day !
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #6
pbjjj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Dark Olive/Mocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozybeh
Hi Everyone,

- Better gas milage
- Price

Cheers
Congrats! I, too, was shopping between Q3 and X1 and decided on X1 mostly for the performance and better fuel consumption. I am surprised that Audi dealers would not negotiate competitively on Q3 given many recent competitors are more updated than Q3's 5+ years old platform and technology offerings. I am glad I avoided some aggravation from not talking about pricing with an Audi dealer back before I decided on the X1.

Looking forward to seeing pictures and reading your ED trip in May! I had a blast and am sure you will, too!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #7
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukas135
Yeah congrats but I'm sad to read your comments regarding the price factor being the trigger for your purchase. I'm hearing you in a sense but seriously I would not walk away from a car I want simply because I can have a cheaper one from another brand. It's the enthusiast in me speaking here.

When I first purchase my original X1 in October 2011, I was prepared for the arm wrestling fight with my dealer. We were able to settle but I would not have walked away to get a Q5 by comparaison ... Luxury brand are a pain to negotiate compared to casual dealer ( depending on the demand/offer of the model ).

There is some tools in Canada to know the actual margin dealers are making on the cars they sell so it comes to what they and you could afford. But again I wouldn't have get away from my X1 because Mercedes would gave me 2500 $ on a GLK ...

But hey ... it's me. Glad BMW gave you the discount you were searching for. It will let you discover what the "competitor" ( vs Audi ) is offering.

But honestly in terms of dynamics compared to your Q3, the difference would have been bigger with the old E84 or a 3 Series Touring. I don't think the driving dynamics would differ greatly from your Audi ...

I would be pleased to hear from you when you'll be ready to give us your thoughts on the two models.

Have a nice day !
Spot on
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #8
roozybeh
Enlisted Member
Rep

@ando: I’ve had 3 Audi’s in the past 9 years, and every time they were super in accommodating. Granted they were A4’s so perhaps they have a better margin of profit hence the discounts were better. But this time around I had no luck.

@loukas135: to be honest with you, price wasn’t the deciding factor, but it certainly swayed me toward the BMW. After having Quatro’s for almost a decade, I must say that it truly is an amazing system. This is my first experience with the x-drive. But I also looked at the Lexus and the MB GLA, absolutely hated both cars. Another reason I went with the X1 was that it is built on the FWD system, so the dynamics of the F48 was very very pleasant and similar to my past history. And now that i have converted, I’ll be a bigger man and admit it, X1 is a way way better looking cat than the Q3 ;-)

@pdjjj: I was shocked as well. They were very bitter when i said that I wanted to test the X1 as well. I even tried 3 different tristate area dealers and neither was budging on the ED price. I wonder since i was going with the ED??? but my past 3 A4’s were all ED with very excellent competitive pricing.

Also I should mentioned that my past A4’s were quatro with manual transmission, something that BMW never offered. This year Audi dropped the manual transmission in the 2016 A4 so i figured i’d go up for the Q3.
But admittedly, I never liked the E X1, but with the F48, they certainly stole my attention and hopefully my heart ;-)
Now I can’t wait for the 18-May and then the long 4 weeks shipping.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #9
loukas135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
@ando: I’ve had 3 Audi’s in the past 9 years, and every time they were super in accommodating. Granted they were A4’s so perhaps they have a better margin of profit hence the discounts were better. But this time around I had no luck.

@loukas135: to be honest with you, price wasn’t the deciding factor, but it certainly swayed me toward the BMW. After having Quatro’s for almost a decade, I must say that it truly is an amazing system. This is my first experience with the x-drive. But I also looked at the Lexus and the MB GLA, absolutely hated both cars. Another reason I went with the X1 was that it is built on the FWD system, so the dynamics of the F48 was very very pleasant and similar to my past history. And now that i have converted, I’ll be a bigger man and admit it, X1 is a way way better looking cat than the Q3 ;-)

@pdjjj: I was shocked as well. They were very bitter when i said that I wanted to test the X1 as well. I even tried 3 different tristate area dealers and neither was budging on the ED price. I wonder since i was going with the ED??? but my past 3 A4’s were all ED with very excellent competitive pricing.

Also I should mentioned that my past A4’s were quatro with manual transmission, something that BMW never offered. This year Audi dropped the manual transmission in the 2016 A4 so i figured i’d go up for the Q3.
But admittedly, I never liked the E X1, but with the F48, they certainly stole my attention and hopefully my heart ;-)
Now I can’t wait for the 18-May and then the long 4 weeks shipping.
Arrrrgh !! It kills me my friend. Seriously I would have hoped you had tested one XDrive with the RWD platform ... Especialy in the snow !!! BMW XDrive is no Quatro for sure but the way you can play with the car on slippery surface is pure fun !!! The power ratio on my E84 is just plain perfect 60 % rear and 40 % Front. You never lost traction in corners and always exit with power and balance. I think that's the secret BMW is using to neutralize understeer. When I test drove the F48 It really didn't gave me the same feeling. Steering was precise, the car was agile, motricity fine but the new power distribution is not as "magic" as the RWD based. But all in all you got a great package. Alot more roomy than mine and very good looking. Have a nice ED and don't forget to get us feedback and Pics
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 07:46 PM   #10
roozybeh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Will do! 😁
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 07:55 AM   #11
roozybeh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Production Started Today!

So they started on my new flying carpet/chariot =)
I was >this< close to call the dealer today or tomorrow to add the "driver assist" package and remove the "sliding and reclining rear seats"... oh well. I guess i have to do the rear camera down the line.
*EDIT* now i'm kicking myself for not doing it!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by roozybeh; 04-22-2016 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 05:17 PM   #12
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

[QUOTE=roozybeh;19783282]Hi Everyone,

Congrats
You will love it

I also looked at the X3 and GLC, but could not see the value in them when compared to what the X1 offered for the money.
Also, I have to admit, I was considering downsizing anyway.
The X1 is very user friendly, packed with goodies, nimble and quick.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #13
roozybeh
Enlisted Member
Rep

So the baby is built exactly 2 weeks ahead of its european delivery =)

Wished they would have changed the delivery date so i can have the car back in the US earlier :-/ This waiting is a killer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #14
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roozybeh
So the baby is built exactly 2 weeks ahead of its european delivery =)

Wished they would have changed the delivery date so i can have the car back in the US earlier :-/ This waiting is a killer.
Congrats. It's moving along.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 05:07 PM   #15
roozybeh
Enlisted Member
Rep

So getting ready for the pickup in Munich in 2 days! Excitement is building up as its getting closer. The car was built 2 weeks before the scheduled delivery date.
Have the factory tour scheduled right after the delivery, although I think I'll be more excited to drive the car than seeing it's birth place 😜

Any hints or suggestions for the ED?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #16
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

So jealous you guys get ED option, enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #17
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
The count down. Congrats looking forward to many pics.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #18
roozybeh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Will post pictures for sure!
Going on a 2500km roadtrip: Munich → Verona → Venice → Salzburg → Wien → Budapest → Prague → Frankfurt → Düsseldorf → Amsterdam (drop off)
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 12:38 AM   #19
roozybeh
Enlisted Member
Rep

At last!

It was love at the first sight!

I will upload the pictures once I have access to my laptop and able to resize to meet the site's requirements.

1- the ED experience is by far the most personal and intimate experience. BMW did it much better than Audi in my experience. My guide/product specialist was knowledgeable about the car and it's working details.

2- the car drives much better than I remember when test driving it! I've been doing about 500km so far from Munich to Venice right now. Mix of city, highway, mountain driving. With 4 adults and full luggage load. The car does not hesitate to return the pleasure :-)

3- I've kept the car in the Eco-pro mode 95% of the time so far. It has plenty of power or pass and cruise even in the 80-90 mph with a slight lag (that is expected of this specific mode).

4- been driving on average in the 85-95 mph range and with the full load of people and luggage I've been getting a steady 32 mpg which is impressive! But I've been driving conservatively but I passed cars often!
* I was told about the coating feature of the car that it apparently disengages the transmission when you're coasting, further increasing the mileage. I've notice the system just because of the RPM drop after letting go of the gas pedal but you won't notice it if you didn't look at the dash :-)

As a reference, from BMW welt to our hotel in Germany, then driving to Verona and now Venice the car used just a tad less than ½ of my full tank :-)
Also, I think the 95oct petrol in Germany has something to do with all this as well! So we will see how it works out in the US!

5- iDrive works great! My brother actually connected his small External HDD without any power source to the USB and it works like a charm for music.

6- the auto start/stop is smooth and not crappy like the old version (what drive me away from the first gen)

7- the LED lights are great at night! They only adjust horizontally to account for extra load in the back or up/down hills/roads and it's plenty.

8- drove in heavy downpour for most of the drive from Munich to Verona Italy. Car handled itself very well! So well in fact that i gave my confidence driving at 140+ kph and not having my parents freak out in the back. The panoramic roof is a must by the way :-)

9- i do regret not getting the park-assist option :-/ was trying to parallel park in Verona and I was freaking out. I guess I'm not used to the cars angles and views just yet and it is a new car, so I'm more careful than usual. But the backup camera would have saved me a ton of time and stress :-)

10- luggage room is plenty. We have 3 larger size carryon bags and one medium sized luggage with 2 backpacks and 1 more larger female purse. They all fit snugly in the boot but it did require some Tetris skills. The sliding back seats helped as well :-)

I'll add the photos soon and update you.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 01:56 AM   #20
Saintsman
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0i x-drive Sport AW

Quote:
Will post pictures for sure!
Going on a 2500km roadtrip: Munich → Verona → Venice → Salzburg → Wien → Budapest → Prague → Frankfurt → Düsseldorf → Amsterdam (drop off)
Should be a great trip,

I've got UK -Strasbourg- Treviso (near Venice)- Portoroz (Slovenia) - Munich(via Salzburg) - Duisburg (next to Dusseldorf) - Boxmeer -Home. The trip involves driving through 10 countries in 13 days and my first trip through the tunnel.

I would have loved to pick the car up, but due to my disability problems I have to hand my old car over to the dealer in the UK so they can swap my adaptions over.
I just hope my new car arrives on time as the holiday was booked before I ordered it, otherwise I'll just have to enjoy the holiday and then have something to look forward to when I get home.

Glad to see you got your car, so enjoy the trip and make sure you send some pics.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 09:28 AM   #21
Saintsman
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0i x-drive Sport AW

Just a quick question on your MPG, when you do an ED from the US, is the car set up for US Galls?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #22
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Great review so far. ED is truly an awesome experience. Drive safe.
Appreciate 0