BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Behaviour when switch off engine

04-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #1
kompats
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F84

Behaviour when switch off engine

Hi,

when I switch off the engine (push the button), all electrical instruments keep running: lights, radio (ConnectedDrive), phone USB connection etc. When I open the door, the lights turn off but music etc keeps playing. The only way to switch off the rest is to lock the car.

I find this annoying, I would like music, phone connection, etc to turn off. E.g. recently the mobile phone rang while I was arranging things at the back and I had to go back inside the car in order to answer.

I guess this is the standard way. Is there a way to change this and close everything when engine stops?

Thanks to all!
Yiannis.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 08:40 AM   #2
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kompats View Post
Hi,

when I switch off the engine (push the button), all electrical instruments keep running: lights, radio (ConnectedDrive), phone USB connection etc. When I open the door, the lights turn off but music etc keeps playing. The only way to switch off the rest is to lock the car.

I find this annoying, I would like music, phone connection, etc to turn off. E.g. recently the mobile phone rang while I was arranging things at the back and I had to go back inside the car in order to answer.

I guess this is the standard way. Is there a way to change this and close everything when engine stops?

Thanks to all!
Yiannis.
Press the start stop button again and everything is switched off, you can get this coded as default action when switching the car off...

Also depending on the phone you have you can usually disconnect from the car when answering a call from the call screen
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 11:46 PM   #3
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
That's just a BMW thing. No worries.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 12:32 AM   #4
kompats
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F84

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Press the start stop button again and everything is switched off, you can get this coded as default action when switching the car off...

Also depending on the phone you have you can usually disconnect from the car when answering a call from the call screen
Great! Thanks a lot for your help, this is exactly what I wanted. I asked my dealer and they didn't tell me anything about it.

"you can get this coded as default action when switching the car off"
This is very interesting, how can be done?

Thanks,
Yiannis.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 12:39 AM   #5
DHS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 X1, '15 435i & '98 Z3

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks to all!
Yiannis.
Might want to read the manual.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 01:31 AM   #6
AUS_Tin_Pusher
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i

No, that's always the last resort
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 03:52 AM   #7
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Great! Thanks a lot for your help, this is exactly what I wanted. I asked my dealer and they didn't tell me anything about it.

"you can get this coded as default action when switching the car off"
This is very interesting, how can be done?

Thanks,
Yiannis.
Need to find someone with the software and cable to do the programming... Or get yourself a spare Windows laptop, download the software, buy the cable and teach yourself how to code the car. Many guides on this site to help beginners, I've never tried it as I have Mac books and haven't really wanted anything coding on my current cars. I have had previous BMW's coded through a guy I know who does this for a small charge and it looks straightforward enough
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 05:03 AM   #8
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Need to find someone with the software and cable to do the programming... Or get yourself a spare Windows laptop, download the software, buy the cable and teach yourself how to code the car. Many guides on this site to help beginners, I've never tried it as I have Mac books and haven't really wanted anything coding on my current cars. I have had previous BMW's coded through a guy I know who does this for a small charge and it looks straightforward enough
You can do it with a MacBook running Windows in Bootcamp or virtualisation (Parallels, Fusion etc.). If it's a newer one without an ethernet port you'll need an usb to ethernet adapter (Using the Thunderbolt to ethernet that comes with them doesn't seem to connect).
Appreciate 0