BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Gaudy Airbag Warning WHY?

02-28-2016, 07:18 AM   #1
raymitch1326
Private
Rep
Drives: sDrive2.0iSport LCI ordered

Gaudy Airbag Warning WHY?

Is it just me but I feel that the airbag warning label disproportionately large! aOne goes to great lengths to chose upholstery, inserts etc and then BMW stick or more correctly stamp/paint a huge gaudy warning instruction on the outside of the passenger sun visor. There is also one on the other side which is only on view with the visor in use. I have noted on forums that some have tried removal using various solutions and techniques with varying degrees of success. I thought I might get used to but after6 weeks it still "bugs" me.
What I am considering doing is replacing it with LHD driver sun visor which has no labels. When I am in France later this year for a few weeks I will see what it costs before I finally decide. I assume fitting should not be too difficult.
I appreciate that a warning is necessary but other manufacturers e.g. Audi, VW
do so without such a "in your face" approach.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 10:13 AM   #2
formofjon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymitch1326 View Post
Is it just me but I feel that the airbag warning label disproportionately large! aOne goes to great lengths to chose upholstery, inserts etc and then BMW stick or more correctly stamp/paint a huge gaudy warning instruction on the outside of the passenger sun visor. There is also one on the other side which is only on view with the visor in use. I have noted on forums that some have tried removal using various solutions and techniques with varying degrees of success. I thought I might get used to but after6 weeks it still "bugs" me.
What I am considering doing is replacing it with LHD driver sun visor which has no labels. When I am in France later this year for a few weeks I will see what it costs before I finally decide. I assume fitting should not be too difficult.
I appreciate that a warning is necessary but other manufacturers e.g. Audi, VW
do so without such a "in your face" approach.
I've heard of two solutions...ordering new visors from Europe where there are no warning labels; and warning label covers made of felt with an adhesive backing.
Appreciate 0