BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Got mine yesterday, I Pod question

02-25-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
Steve1234
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: x1

Got mine yesterday, I Pod question

Got mine yesterday, X1 1.8 Msport

Have a question about connecting my 30 Gb I Pod (5th Generation) Classic which has worked with my old Qashqai and a few other cars, no problem.

If i connect to the car via the standard 30pin Apple cable i get the error 'Not Supported'

Ive borrowed an I Pod Touch 8 Gb and using the same cable and it works perfectly.

Any ideas to get the 30 Gb to work?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
Les Paul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D Xline Auto

Hi Steve I don't know if this will help, however my iphone 4s and old ipod 32gb did not work straight away with the X1 connection, only audio via bluetooth...they will happily charge via the apple standard cable, but not send an audio signal unless you also also attach a headphone type lead. If you enable bluetooth on your device it will hopefuly work. I think I sometimes used to get that "not supported" error message. Sorry if you have already tried this.

Last edited by Les Paul; 02-25-2016 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0