BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) No Album Art

02-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
Andy203
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135

No Album Art

Have loaded all my music from CD's to Apple I Player, Album Art is diplayed when played on the PC. I then copied them to memory stick. Inserted into Usb under arm rest. I can search and play all my music however I do not get any Album Art displayed. Any one with same problem or with an answer on how to get it to display the album art?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 04:58 AM   #2
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

AFAIK the artwork needs to be embedded in the music file itself - if you use iTunes on your PC it often (But not always, depends where the music came from) stores the cover art once in the library, rather than a copy with every track.

You can get various scripts/apps that will re-embed the artwork for you. (Doug's Scripts have one for the Mac, don't know if it works in Windows).

I've been doing this with my files, as I had some artwork showing in the car and not others.

Hope that made sense
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #3
Andy203
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135

Thanks for that, not totally PC literate, so it would appear that I have to somehow embed the art work with every track? Would not know where to start, will have to have words with friends who are in the know.
Appreciate 0