BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) horn

01-18-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
Wisly
Private
Croatia
Rep
Drives: X1 18d

horn

I noticed that horn/siren is little different than in my previous cars. When I press it really short, it seems that there is a short time lag untill it horns, less than half a second. And when it horns, it doesn't horn really short like I pressed it. It horns every time with the same length, even if it is pressed really short. Anybody noticed it ?

I get the feeling that after I press it, command goes first to some processor which activates horn so there is a short time lag.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisly View Post
I noticed that horn/siren is little different than in my previous cars. When I press it really short, it seems that there is a short time lag untill it horns, less than half a second. And when it horns, it doesn't horn really short like I pressed it. It horns every time with the same length, even if it is pressed really short. Anybody noticed it ?

I get the feeling that after I press it, command goes first to some processor which activates horn so there is a short time lag.
Hi there. I have noticed the same issue with the horn. I don't like it! You can't just ate a little "nudge" beep when waiting for someone to realize that the light is green. Also like you I find that there is a minute delay. I do like the tone and sound of the horn but am reluctant to use it unless absolutely necessary. I also find you really have to lean on it to get a response.
Can't help but wonder if this is normal.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 11:35 AM   #3
Wisly
Private
Croatia
Rep
Drives: X1 18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW newbie 2016 View Post
Hi there. I have noticed the same issue with the horn. I don't like it! You can't just ate a little "nudge" beep when waiting for someone to realize that the light is green. Also like you I find that there is a minute delay. I do like the tone and sound of the horn but am reluctant to use it unless absolutely necessary. I also find you really have to lean on it to get a response.
Can't help but wonder if this is normal.
Hi, yes, I can not say that I like it too, it needs getting used to it, but after some time it will probably be all right
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisly View Post
Hi, yes, I can not say that I like it too, it needs getting used to it, but after some time it will probably be all right
I find I use the horn less!
Good for the other drivers. Haha!
Appreciate 0