BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 '13 118i Sport Pulling Right

09-23-2020, 06:01 AM   #1
IcefireX
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

Hi Guys,

I have a weird issue with my girlfriend's F20. It pulls to the right. To give you a perspective, it's changing lanes in 4 seconds on its own if I let go of the steering wheel. That's with 80-100 km/h.
Strange thing is that when I let go of the wheel, the wheel tilts immediately slightly to the right and stays at the exact same spot. No increase or decrease in the wheel turn / revolution.
I had done alignment 5 times, on the machine shows all perfect, replaced the upper control arms and stabilizer links in between - no change whatsoever. Exact the same pull.
Several shops inspected the suspension, all is good with it (tie rods, lower control arms, checked of the shocks are properly fastened... ).
Not sure what to do anymore, but I don't feel like keep replacing parts till the problem is resolved.
The car have no accidents or serious impacts on the suspension. Few speed bumps maybe at worst.
The roads in the country I live in are quite good as well.
Ah, also I have rotated the tires in any possible variation. Still the same.

Please help.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 08:20 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Hi,

Of those shops you visited, was there an official BMW one? Do you know the steering rack is programmable(?), well, at least it takes the whole car reprogramming to make it meet a new steering rack? It looks like just the steering issue as the suspension is all right. Perhaps they should perform some steering centring.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
IcefireX
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Hi,

Of those shops you visited, was there an official BMW one? Do you know the steering rack is programmable(?), well, at least it takes the whole car reprogramming to make it meet a new steering rack? It looks like just the steering issue as the suspension is all right. Perhaps they should perform some steering centring.

I was thinking of the same, as they have removed the front axle to replace the oil pump assembly.
Not an expert, so not sure if removing the front axle can affect the steering... :
Appreciate 0