BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > NHL Playoffs - Who will win the cup?
View Poll Results: Who will be the 2022 Stanley Cup Champions?
Avalanche 1 5.88%
Predators 1 5.88%
Wild 0 0%
Blues 0 0%
Flames 0 0%
Stars 2 11.76%
Oilers 0 0%
Kings 2 11.76%
Panthers 3 17.65%
Capitals 1 5.88%
Leafs 2 11.76%
Lighting 2 11.76%
Hurricanes 0 0%
Bruins 1 5.88%
Rangers 0 0%
Penguins 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-02-2022, 06:36 PM   #1
MunkyTool
Private First Class
MunkyTool's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: Gone
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

NHL Playoffs - Who will win the cup?

Playoffs start today. Any NHL fans? Who's going to take the cup?

Last edited by MunkyTool; 05-03-2022 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 06:03 AM   #2
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
2851
Rep
2,649
Posts

Drives: E30 329iS, Alpina B7
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Lifelong Capitals fan (35+ years). Caps goaltending is shaky at best, and the core group is old. I don't see any more cups from them during the Ovi era. As long as someone dethrones the Lightning and it isn't Brad Marchand I'm good.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2022, 05:21 PM   #3
MunkyTool
Private First Class
MunkyTool's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: Gone
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Lifelong Capitals fan (35+ years). Caps goaltending is shaky at best, and the core group is old. I don't see any more cups from them during the Ovi era. As long as someone dethrones the Lightning and it isn't Brad Marchand I'm good.
Totally agree. It's rebuilt time for you guys. Has been for a couple years.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 05:31 PM   #4
infinitekidM2C
Major General
infinitekidM2C's Avatar
United_States
3270
Rep
5,609
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Avalanche are a machine.

Two votes for the Kings? Haha Uncle wede and who else?

Kings fan but ...let's get past the Oilers first.
Appreciate 2
minn1911873.50
      05-03-2022, 05:37 PM   #5
MunkyTool
Private First Class
MunkyTool's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: Gone
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Avalanche are a machine.

Two votes for the Kings? Haha Uncle wede and who else?

Kings fan but ...let's get past the Oilers first.
Yeah, Avalanche have been firing on all cylinders the whole season basically. Really hope they go down.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 10:14 AM   #6
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
14119
Rep
9,101
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Two votes for the Kings? Haha Uncle wede and who else?
I figured I was following your lead

I don't think I've seen any NHL game this year, not counting ESPN updates on my watch.

If I could get internet from Frontier AND TV from Spectrum, I would.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2022, 10:42 AM   #7
KennyFSU
Captain
KennyFSU's Avatar
1050
Rep
733
Posts

Drives: Lexus RC F
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Go Bolts!
__________________
Estoril Blue E36M3
Mineral Grey M235ix/12.02 @ 115
Ultra White Lexus RC F
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 06:46 PM   #8
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
2851
Rep
2,649
Posts

Drives: E30 329iS, Alpina B7
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post
Totally agree. It's rebuilt time for you guys. Has been for a couple years.
Definitely. When they get bounced out this year my guess is they clean house. Backstrom might retire. They have to keep Ovi, he's still the face of the franchise and still producing at an insane level, but if I'm the GM anyone else is fair game.

Boston is down 2-0 right now vs Carolina. GOOD. Marchand needs to be golfing ASAP.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2022, 07:30 PM   #9
eliphil
First Lieutenant
eliphil's Avatar
947
Rep
350
Posts

Drives: M550I
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Depressed Ranger fan here, got robbed last night on horrible call but they didnt play well either. I think the Avalanche look real good this year
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 09:54 PM   #10
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
2327
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
2018 Abarth 124 Spider  [0.00]
2014 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
Depressed Ranger fan here, got robbed last night on horrible call but they didnt play well either. I think the Avalanche look real good this year
At the risk of speaking to the homer...what was the bad call? Cause it's goalie interference all day long. That's why it took Toronto 2 seconds to decide it.

Look...all teams overcome adversity to win the cup...when you win the series, you can say that was it.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 10:12 PM   #11
MunkyTool
Private First Class
MunkyTool's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: Gone
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
Depressed Ranger fan here, got robbed last night on horrible call but they didnt play well either. I think the Avalanche look real good this year
Fan of neither team. Was a good call.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 10:23 PM   #12
eliphil
First Lieutenant
eliphil's Avatar
947
Rep
350
Posts

Drives: M550I
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
At the risk of speaking to the homer...what was the bad call? Cause it's goalie interference all day long. That's why it took Toronto 2 seconds to decide it.

Look...all teams overcome adversity to win the cup...when you win the series, you can say that was it.
Every fan is a homer but my comment was based on reality. Toronto is far from perfect and didn't make the right call. The Ranger player was bumped into the goalie but beyond that the majority of the contact that took out the goalie was from the Pitt player!! Either way the Rangers didn't play well enough to win, no excuses. Your assessment was as good as the call.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 09:04 PM   #13
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
2327
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
2018 Abarth 124 Spider  [0.00]
2014 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
Every fan is a homer but my comment was based on reality. Toronto is far from perfect and didn't make the right call.
Just caused you're bumped, doesn't mean you can ram the goalie. If you don't know that you don't know the game or a homer.

But...Rangers can beat our backup - backup, and you're on your way to the series win....so quit your bitching.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 10:32 AM   #14
eliphil
First Lieutenant
eliphil's Avatar
947
Rep
350
Posts

Drives: M550I
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Just caused you're bumped, doesn't mean you can ram the goalie. If you don't know that you don't know the game or a homer.

But...Rangers can beat our backup - backup, and you're on your way to the series win....so quit your bitching.
and you seem like a real expert.............. If you go back and watch the play 90% of the contact came from the Pittsburgh player and many pundits felt it was a bad call but thats the way it goes its part of the game that you must know oh so well. I have an idea for you, try not to speak or in this case type...................
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 11:58 AM   #15
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
2327
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
2018 Abarth 124 Spider  [0.00]
2014 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
and you seem like a real expert.............. If you go back and watch the play 90% of the contact came from the Pittsburgh player and many pundits felt it was a bad call but thats the way it goes its part of the game that you must know oh so well. I have an idea for you, try not to speak or in this case type...................


If my team has more than one cup in 80 years, it makes me an expert compared to others, say...

Enjoy your series skippy.
__________________
- Joey
Proud owner of 4 Turbos and 1 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 03:15 PM   #16
MunkyTool
Private First Class
MunkyTool's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: Gone
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
and you seem like a real expert.............. If you go back and watch the play 90% of the contact came from the Pittsburgh player and many pundits felt it was a bad call but thats the way it goes its part of the game that you must know oh so well. I have an idea for you, try not to speak or in this case type...................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post


If my team has more than one cup in 80 years, it makes me an expert compared to others, say...

Enjoy your series skippy.
Alright kids, calm down or dad's gonna have to take your thread away.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 09:15 PM   #17
eliphil
First Lieutenant
eliphil's Avatar
947
Rep
350
Posts

Drives: M550I
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post


If my team has more than one cup in 80 years, it makes me an expert compared to others, say...

Enjoy your series skippy.
Your a real genius or should I say a trolling ahole. You give Pittsburgh a bad name
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 07:58 AM   #18
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
2327
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
2018 Abarth 124 Spider  [0.00]
2014 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post
Alright kids, calm down or dad's gonna have to take your thread away.
I'm good - my job's done here. Much like our team playing the third string has-been (never actually was) spicy pork and broccoli eating goalie.

Sad to see Carolina in the goaltending same boat.
__________________
- Joey
Proud owner of 4 Turbos and 1 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 08:48 AM   #19
Murf the Surf
Private
Murf the Surf's Avatar
885
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Dog Lake, South Frontenac, Ontario Canada

iTrader: (0)

Not the Leafs.....the golf courses are opening up now.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 01:14 PM   #20
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
1146
Rep
2,517
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Not the Leafs.....the golf courses are opening up now.
Even after watching Game 3? Murf man, ye of little faith. Not saying they'll win the Cup this year and they got the absolute worst 1st round opponent for sure but this team is different.
__________________
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 02:29 PM   #21
Murf the Surf
Private
Murf the Surf's Avatar
885
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Dog Lake, South Frontenac, Ontario Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Even after watching Game 3? Murf man, ye of little faith. Not saying they'll win the Cup this year and they got the absolute worst 1st round opponent for sure but this team is different.
I was 6 when they won the last cup.....likely be the only one in my lifetime.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2022, 10:55 AM   #22
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
ShopVac's Avatar
2327
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
2018 Abarth 124 Spider  [0.00]
2014 Audi S4  [0.00]
All teams making the first round interesting with exception of the AVs/Preds

In other news - Trotz canned. Didn't see that coming...
__________________
- Joey
Proud owner of 4 Turbos and 1 Supercharger

Last edited by ShopVac; 05-09-2022 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST