BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Bmw Australia Cut Price In 1 Series
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #23
ttimbo
Major
ttimbo's Avatar
168
Rep
1,323
Posts

Drives: F20 M135i AW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Tell 'em they're dreamin'

The RRP on mine inc otr, back in Dec, was $89k. I paid $73k...so there has always been a lot of headroom on these cars. Nothing has changed, except dealers have been told to be more realistic in light of competition from Audi and MB
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 04:49 AM   #24
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
42
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: F80 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

I've got double exposure here....

1. I'm trying to sell my 6 month old 116i.....which is now worth a lot more than it was a week ago.....

and...

2. I've bought a M135i (with a lot of options) for 90K driveaway which by the looks is now about 10K cheaper......

What can I do? My car hasn't even been built yet, gets built next month..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #25
ttimbo
Major
ttimbo's Avatar
168
Rep
1,323
Posts

Drives: F20 M135i AW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

I'd recommend a serious discussion with your dealer. As in, N E G O T I A T I O N!
They are in the best position to help you, on both exposures. You could also talk to a MB dealer about an A45, and bring the intell you gain to the discussion with your BMW dealer.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #26
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
42
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: F80 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

OK thanks. Do you know what ones rights is with regards to the contract, getting out of it, etc?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #27
kenji35
New Member
1
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
Tell 'em they're dreamin'

The RRP on mine inc otr, back in Dec, was $89k. I paid $73k...so there has always been a lot of headroom on these cars. Nothing has changed, except dealers have been told to be more realistic in light of competition from Audi and MB
How did you get such a sweet deal? Does that include trade in? I'm close to picking mine up in a few days. Called my dealer today and he thinks nothing can be done but he will check with his boss. I actually want to contact BMW Australia direct as I think dealers won't change anything as it will affect their profit margin.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #28
ttimbo
Major
ttimbo's Avatar
168
Rep
1,323
Posts

Drives: F20 M135i AW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECVING View Post
OK thanks. Do you know what ones rights is with regards to the contract, getting out of it, etc?
How much deposit did you pay? My belief is that's generally your downside, despite what the paper says, as they don't want to take legal action against a customer.

I'd approach the discussion reasonably, not aggressively, I'd position it as their problem, not yours, and see if there's a way it can be resolved to your satisfaction. My guess is they will be aware this is coming, if not from you, from another customer, and BMW will have some support available

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenji35 View Post
How did you get such a sweet deal? Does that include trade in? I'm close to picking mine up in a few days. Called my dealer today and he thinks nothing can be done but he will check with his boss. I actually want to contact BMW Australia direct as I think dealers won't change anything as it will affect their profit margin.
I had some help from another buyer, who had negotiated and shared info with me, as everyone here does, too. That's the value of these forums. See above. I reckon BMW will be providing pricing support to their dealers for those caught in the adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #29
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
42
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: F80 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Ok, as I thought, deposit is at risk. Put down 4500.

Have already flagged with them, will go in and see them tomorrow night. Thanks for your advice.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #30
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
42
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: F80 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

So if I interpret this right, in the m135i now comes standard with auto, front and rear sensors, and pro nav....so that is about 7500 extra value, and they've dropped the price to 64500 which is a about 3000 less, so we're looking at about 10,500 less???
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #31
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
369
Rep
4,809
Posts

Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Rear camera as well I believe.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #32
aus135i
Captain
aus135i's Avatar
Australia
13
Rep
821
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SYD

iTrader: (0)

pretty sure rear camera is part of "parking pack" but PDCs are now standard on the M135i...
__________________
GONE 135i,E83X3,S1000RR,Megane RS250,M135i,F25X3
NOW F15X5,PXII Ranger,F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #33
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
42
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: F80 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

All good with my order, dropped price by about 11k, and i also get about 3.5k worth of options that i didn't really want, but are parts of packs that included options that i did.......so technically 14.5k better off, plus get all the July updates, like launch control, etc
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #34
Active
Private First Class
Australia
24
Rep
193
Posts

Drives: BMWM235i and 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SYDNEY

iTrader: (0)

Talk about devaluing the brand! This is what you would expect from Holden and Ford and certainly not from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #35
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Alpine*'s Avatar
Australia
250
Rep
3,558
Posts

Drives: Changes pretty often
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

It had to happen, MBA got the ball rolling. Surely in the long term this is good for all of us isn't it?

Porsche did this only a month or so ago, many were impacted, like the guy who picked up his new Carrera 4S cabriolet on the Saturday to be told Monday that the cars RRP had dropped some $35k and we can't help you sir.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #36
ttimbo
Major
ttimbo's Avatar
168
Rep
1,323
Posts

Drives: F20 M135i AW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECVING View Post
All good with my order, dropped price by about 11k, and i also get about 3.5k worth of options that i didn't really want, but are parts of packs that included options that i did.......so technically 14.5k better off, plus get all the July updates, like launch control, etc
Well done! Same delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #37
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
42
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: F80 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, same delivery, gets built next month!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #38
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
kaitan's Avatar
54
Rep
1,545
Posts

Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: sydney, australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECVING View Post
Yeah, same delivery, gets built next month!!
if you dont mind what is the price u've got and what are the option? If you like maybe pm me

thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #39
georgie
New Member
0
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: coming
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

New specs guide

http://www.bmw.com.au/com/en/newvehi...spec-guide.pdf
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 03:11 AM   #40
white 125M
Private First Class
white 125M's Avatar
5
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: White 125 M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canberra

iTrader: (0)

I sat down with my dealer today and went over the spec's to compare the new set with the one I chose for our 125. When we compared side by side the pricing, starting with the revised base price for the 125, it turned out to be slightly more expensive (ie the new specs made it slightly more expensive) taking into account that we got about $7k discount straight up on our new car.

Our total price is around $62k drive away. That's for an AW auto with front/rear PDC, sunroof, M Sport pack, comfort access, elec seats, bi-xenon's, Bus Nav, extended connectivity, HK with DAB+, lumbar support, interior/exterior anti dazzle mirrors and free tinting. Not sure how this value compares to everyone who has bought a 125 but I thought it was pretty good but then I have nothing to compare it with and I don't work for an organisation which attracts the corporate program.

The other thing is that with the new packs, there is stuff included that I don't want - like seat heaters, active headlights, rear camera and parking assistant - sure the new packs offer better value for money but I don't need the extra stuff - either way, very happy with with the options I chose.

Anyway, it was an interesting exercise to compare prices but I'm happy with what I'm getting and should be picking it up around early Aug.

Cheers

Last edited by white 125M; 06-22-2013 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 03:34 AM   #41
BenArcher
New Member
0
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: MG 125i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue 335i View Post
I sat down with my dealer today and went over the spec's to compare the new set with the one I chose for our 125. When we compared side by side the pricing, starting with the revised base price for the 125, it turned out to be slightly more expensive (ie the new specs made it slightly more expensive) taking into account that we got about $7k discount straight up on our new car.

Our total price is around $62k drive away. That's for an AW auto with front/rear PDC, sunroof, M Sport pack, comfort access, elec seats, bi-xenon's, Bus Nav, extended connectivity, HK with DAB+, lumbar support, interior/exterior anti dazzle mirrors and free tinting. Not sure how this value compares to everyone who has bought a 125 but I thought it was pretty good but then I have nothing to compare it with and I don't work for an organisation which attracts the corporate program.

The other thing is that with the new packs, there is stuff included that I don't want - like seat heaters, active headlights, rear camera and parking assistant - sure the new packs offer better value for money but I don't need the extra stuff, but maybe other people's preferred choice - either way, very happy with with the options I chose.

Anyway, it was an interesting exercise to compare prices but I'm happy with what I'm getting and should be picking it up around early Aug.

Cheers
For some comparison. I ordered a 125i with the following specs for 60k.

M-Sport, Auto, Sunroof, Xenon, HK Audio, Business Nav, Front/Rear Park Sense, Park Assist, Alarm, Metallic paint, Extended Bluetooth, Smartphone interface.

Which seems to compare pretty well with the deal you got.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #42
white 125M
Private First Class
white 125M's Avatar
5
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: White 125 M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canberra

iTrader: (0)

Hey Ben, yeah looks like it , not much in it really is there. Did you go through Rolfe?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #43
BenArcher
New Member
0
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: MG 125i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canberra Australia

iTrader: (0)

Hi Blue, yes I did and so far I think they have been great. I assume you went through them as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #44
white 125M
Private First Class
white 125M's Avatar
5
Rep
140
Posts

Drives: White 125 M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canberra

iTrader: (0)

Yep - Went with Darren this time

When do you expect to receive your car?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST