BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2022, 09:38 AM   #12761
///d
Captain
///d's Avatar
United_States
1838
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: F15 35d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Minne-snow-ta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
It's crazy to think what a year can do. A year ago my mindset was much different towards guys than it is now. It's amazing what the right person can do. He's the kindest, most affectionate badass there is. His schedule is perfect. He's here, he goes away. He's here, he goes away. I was worried about being smothered and seeing someone alllll the time in the beginning. His schedule doesn't allow for that. I can't believe I'm saying this but I find myself wanting to see him all the time. Who am I?

All in all, he's good to me and he's good for me
Weird what happens when gals stop going for the douchbags

Not saying you used to go for douchbags, but as I get older I hear more and more gals say the same thing you said.

Speaking of smothering, the gf has been super clingy since I got home from overseas. I get it, I was gone for a year, but wholy shit I don't need to you follow along when I'm just running the the gas station to fuel up so I don't have to in the AM before work. And I cant sit on the couch without her needing to be touching me or damn near laying on me.

Couples problems lol. I know in time the clingyness will fade and be back to "normal", I just like my space.
__________________
F15 35d M Sport (SOLD ) | F30 328i | 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 3
Sara5824.50
Dang3r12516.00
      03-24-2022, 10:07 AM   #12762
Sara
Lieutenant General
5825
Rep
17,879
Posts

Drives: A car
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nola

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Weird what happens when gals stop going for the douchbags

Not saying you used to go for douchbags, but as I get older I hear more and more gals say the same thing you said.

Speaking of smothering, the gf has been super clingy since I got home from overseas. I get it, I was gone for a year, but wholy shit I don't need to you follow along when I'm just running the the gas station to fuel up so I don't have to in the AM before work. And I cant sit on the couch without her needing to be touching me or damn near laying on me.

Couples problems lol. I know in time the clingyness will fade and be back to "normal", I just like my space.
I certainly dated douche bags. Hell, I probably wasn't wifey material either for a long time there lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 10:21 AM   #12763
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
7444
Rep
11,857
Posts

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: L.I. NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
It's crazy to think what a year can do. A year ago my mindset was much different towards guys than it is now. It's amazing what the right person can do. He's the kindest, most affectionate badass there is. His schedule is perfect. He's here, he goes away. He's here, he goes away. I was worried about being smothered and seeing someone alllll the time in the beginning. His schedule doesn't allow for that. I can't believe I'm saying this but I find myself wanting to see him all the time. Who am I?

All in all, he's good to me and he's good for me
that all sounds good, but did you do background check..
not married with a family in different state....jussaying
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2022, 05:18 PM   #12764
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
3073
Rep
3,926
Posts

Drives: E91 330d
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Herefordshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Weird what happens when gals stop going for the douchbags

Not saying you used to go for douchbags, but as I get older I hear more and more gals say the same thing you said.

Speaking of smothering, the gf has been super clingy since I got home from overseas. I get it, I was gone for a year, but wholy shit I don't need to you follow along when I'm just running the the gas station to fuel up so I don't have to in the AM before work. And I cant sit on the couch without her needing to be touching me or damn near laying on me.

Couples problems lol. I know in time the clingyness will fade and be back to "normal", I just like my space.
Careful what you wish for!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 06:57 PM   #12765
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
3084
Rep
381
Posts

Drives: '21 330i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
that all sounds good, but did you do background check..
not married with a family in different state....jussaying
Years ago I briefly dated a chick who's bio said something like she will conduct a full background check on whoever she's dating

Turns out, her ex bf was paying child support behind her back and she had no clue he even had a kid until one day she got something in the mail lol
Appreciate 2
      03-24-2022, 09:18 PM   #12766
440i6MT
Brother
440i6MT's Avatar
718
Rep
598
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i, soon E60 M5 Manual
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Weird what happens when gals stop going for the douchbags

Not saying you used to go for douchbags, but as I get older I hear more and more gals say the same thing you said.

Speaking of smothering, the gf has been super clingy since I got home from overseas. I get it, I was gone for a year, but wholy shit I don't need to you follow along when I'm just running the the gas station to fuel up so I don't have to in the AM before work. And I cant sit on the couch without her needing to be touching me or damn near laying on me.

Couples problems lol. I know in time the clingyness will fade and be back to "normal", I just like my space.
What you're describing is exactly how my cousin's ex was with him. I would joke every time he got up to go pee, why isn't she coming with you hahaha

But you like it. Deep down. It's an amazing feeling to be loved!


If you don't mind me asking, what branch are you in? Enlisted or Officer?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 07:28 AM   #12767
///d
Captain
///d's Avatar
United_States
1838
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: F15 35d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Minne-snow-ta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440i6MT View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what branch are you in? Enlisted or Officer?
ARNG enlisted. I almost put a packet in for warrant but got picked up for promotion and moved to a schoolhouse, so I can finally slow down and not be away from home all the time.
__________________
F15 35d M Sport (SOLD ) | F30 328i | 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 07:42 AM   #12768
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
7444
Rep
11,857
Posts

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: L.I. NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Years ago I briefly dated a chick who's bio said something like she will conduct a full background check on whoever she's dating

Turns out, her ex bf was paying child support behind her back and she had no clue he even had a kid until one day she got something in the mail lol
heard many stories of guys living double life, because of their "job" they would be away for months.. how do you come up with $$$ to pull it off?
Appreciate 3
Dang3r12516.00
      03-25-2022, 08:46 AM   #12769
Sara
Lieutenant General
5825
Rep
17,879
Posts

Drives: A car
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nola

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
heard many stories of guys living double life, because of their "job" they would be away for months.. how do you come up with $$$ to pull it off?
Tinder Swindler
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2022, 03:56 AM   #12770
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
12516
Rep
1,985
Posts

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Tinder Swindler
Who is on Tinder? Didnt I need a fuqbook acc for that? Nah! Never will, never do
Clever gals are using Flightradar24 for tracking their favorite pilots live.
__________________
Citizen of ///M - Town, where too much is just right

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615640.00
      03-26-2022, 07:42 AM   #12771
ryan stewart
Major
2200
Rep
1,330
Posts

Drives: 2008 328it
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
heard many stories of guys living double life, because of their "job" they would be away for months.. how do you come up with $$$ to pull it off?
If I was inclined I probably could have done that from 2009 to 2012, I was commuting between Atlanta and LA for about a year and a half. I was damn near living two lives.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 04:29 AM   #12772
440i6MT
Brother
440i6MT's Avatar
718
Rep
598
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i, soon E60 M5 Manual
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
heard many stories of guys living double life, because of their "job" they would be away for months.. how do you come up with $$$ to pull it off?
I spent some chunk of my young adult years living between Europe & the U.S.
I felt like I was living a double-life. If I frequented back and worth more often, I 100% could have. It's a crazy feeling, admittedly..

The reason I didn't, was, well, you mention $$$
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 04:34 AM   #12773
440i6MT
Brother
440i6MT's Avatar
718
Rep
598
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i, soon E60 M5 Manual
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
ARNG enlisted. I almost put a packet in for warrant but got picked up for promotion and moved to a schoolhouse, so I can finally slow down and not be away from home all the time.
I'll be visiting an AFLO recruiting office this upcoming month. I want to put in a concentrated effort towards the process during this upcoming cycle and hopefully land in intelligence.

I mean, with being in my mid-twenties with Master's and driving a manual BMW? The recruiter will be salivating.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 04:28 AM   #12774
Seismology
Banned
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 18d 2019
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: New York, NY 10011

iTrader: (0)

cool theme
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 08:49 AM   #12775
aguywalksintoabar
Banned
United_States
1689
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

King Rudi
loving this thread. Thanks for creating
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13164.00
      04-05-2022, 03:06 AM   #12776
aguywalksintoabar
Banned
United_States
1689
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

I'm dating again after my 2nd marriage broke down. Our views didn't jive and she never wanted to go anywhere. Looking back I think she might have been anxious and was refusing to get help. Anyhow, I have been seeing a lady I met at an alumni gathering. It's going well.. about 4 months in.. she gave me some sex checks! They are awesome.. and I am planning on using the doggy and dinner date one this weekend.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15857.50
      04-05-2022, 06:12 AM   #12777
cmyx6go
Colonel
cmyx6go's Avatar
15858
Rep
2,046
Posts

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguywalksintoabar View Post
I'm dating again after my 2nd marriage broke down. Our views didn't jive and she never wanted to go anywhere. Looking back I think she might have been anxious and was refusing to get help. Anyhow, I have been seeing a lady I met at an alumni gathering. It's going well.. about 4 months in.. she gave me some sex checks! They are awesome.. and I am planning on using the doggy and dinner date one this weekend.
Good luck. And welcome Newbie.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2022, 11:04 AM   #12778
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
18177
Rep
9,389
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Story to share from my brother after his b-day dinner last night. C R I N G E!!

So, there is one lady (A) he has dated off/on since HS (52 bday last night) She always seemed head over heels, and would take to him the minute he called. Was convenient, he had a dog, she had dog(s) so he could always leave dog there when he was around and we went fishing.

Turns out about a week ago he was with woman (B), whom he seemed to want to develop a bit more relationship with. While they were in bed, her daughter knocks on door, "Mom, someone's here to see you." Apparently B has had some issues with a guy, so my brother gets dressed real quick to go out with, just in case.

Upon reaching the door, it's A!!! A and B somehow know each other from HS, but not well. A is invited in, and B asks my brother to leave.

Now, apparently the courts are (fake?) texting my brother about claims C is making against him. . .

I told him not to adopt any bunnies.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 12:28 PM   #12779
///d
Captain
///d's Avatar
United_States
1838
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: F15 35d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Minne-snow-ta

iTrader: (0)

In an attempt to revive this shit show I need your help with the one topic every man fears...


When I left for overseas a year ago March, my gf was starting to put on some pounds, while I was gone she put on a bit more and I was starting to get worried it would continue, but then 4 months before I got home she started the 75Hard challenge, kicked ass and lost something like 25lbs. She was always talking about how she hated the work, but loved the results, and wanted to focus on flattening the tummy. When I got home she looked amazing, but now that the challenge is over she has put all those pounds back on to the point that when she walks by I find myself thinking that those pants or that shirt is not flattering, and how the work she put in during the challenge went right out the window.

How in the hell do I bring this up without getting things thrown at my head?!

She was running everyday during the challenge when it was fall and winter, then she would run a few times a week, now she doesn't run at all. We have a treadmill, we have a gym setup in the garage, and the weather is finally nice enough to be active outside, but I can't seem to get her off the couch.
__________________
F15 35d M Sport (SOLD ) | F30 328i | 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 12:40 PM   #12780
Alfisti
Brigadier General
6576
Rep
3,046
Posts

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Need more info. How old are you, how old is she, any kids, how long you been together?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 12:54 PM   #12781
wtwo3
Major General
wtwo3's Avatar
18098
Rep
5,500
Posts

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
In an attempt to revive this shit show I need your help with the one topic every man fears...


When I left for overseas a year ago March, my gf was starting to put on some pounds, while I was gone she put on a bit more and I was starting to get worried it would continue, but then 4 months before I got home she started the 75Hard challenge, kicked ass and lost something like 25lbs. She was always talking about how she hated the work, but loved the results, and wanted to focus on flattening the tummy. When I got home she looked amazing, but now that the challenge is over she has put all those pounds back on to the point that when she walks by I find myself thinking that those pants or that shirt is not flattering, and how the work she put in during the challenge went right out the window.

How in the hell do I bring this up without getting things thrown at my head?!

She was running everyday during the challenge when it was fall and winter, then she would run a few times a week, now she doesn't run at all. We have a treadmill, we have a gym setup in the garage, and the weather is finally nice enough to be active outside, but I can't seem to get her off the couch.
What motivated her to start the challenge the first time?
__________________
2023 BMW X7 xDrive40i
2023 BMW M3 6MT
2024 Mini Cooper S Convertible

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 01:12 PM   #12782
///d
Captain
///d's Avatar
United_States
1838
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: F15 35d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Minne-snow-ta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Need more info. How old are you, how old is she, any kids, how long you been together?
I'm 38, she is 34, no kids, and a few years

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
What motivated her to start the challenge the first time?
Well, her reasoning was to better herself.

I think she did it to be able to tell people she did it lol

She has always stated a fear of hers is to become "fat" as she would say (not just overweight, she says fat). While she is far from what would be considered fat, but the muffin top is definitely there.
__________________
F15 35d M Sport (SOLD ) | F30 328i | 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST