BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Great TV series - What are you watching now?

07-25-2022, 07:02 AM   #4709
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

So given the lack of suitable shows for the mrs and I we decided to start Soprano's from the very start. She watched most of it 20 years back, i saw bits and pieces.

My goodness, this shits all over pretty much anything I have watched since Breaking Bad. This is television. Though the wife saying I have more than a few similarities to Tony is a bit of a worry, even if my middle name is ..... Tony.....
Appreciate 2
      07-25-2022, 08:23 AM   #4710
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
AHS is overrated imho. I get confused between 'Story' and 'Stories', why did they do that? It has its moments but overall, just ok.

If you want a truly shocking, freaky series w actual scares, try the French's Marianne. That old woman...ahh! I really liked it and consider myself a horror aficionado.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10875696/
I don't disagree. 1st season of the original show wasn't too bad but it definitely had a few 100% miss seasons. The 'Stories' spin-off seems like it wants to be another Twilight Zone/Tales from the Dark Side but in the AHS world, including w/ the same stock market-like 'meh-ability' quotient. It still has it's moments, though, so I'll keep in until it drops like my 401k.

I'll give Marianne a go. Thnx for the suggestion.
      07-25-2022, 11:12 AM   #4711
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
So given the lack of suitable shows for the mrs and I we decided to start Soprano's from the very start. She watched most of it 20 years back, i saw bits and pieces.

My goodness, this shits all over pretty much anything I have watched since Breaking Bad. This is television. Though the wife saying I have more than a few similarities to Tony is a bit of a worry, even if my middle name is ..... Tony.....
To me Sopranos was the best show of all time.

The Wire is up there, Seinfeld, Friends, The Office, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Fargo (some seasons more than others), True Detective. They were all, for different reasons, magnificent television…..but none compete with Sopranos imo.

I think only BB and The Wire got close. Which is an accomplishment. I remember feeling physically sick after the series finale the first time around. I'm still unhappy about it to this day. Damnit. I wish Tony had seen him coming. smh.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 01:50 PM   #4712
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Wait, there are FOUR seasons to WW, and still counting????
      07-25-2022, 02:05 PM   #4713
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I assume WW is Westworld, and yes, the show was planned out to have a 5-season run since the very beginning, apparently the writers have had the ending planned for some time now. Every season takes two years to premiere so there's plenty of time to watch
      07-25-2022, 02:10 PM   #4714
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Last night's episode was……a twist.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 02:14 PM   #4715
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I think I'm thru season 1, but I hadn't noticed the episodes tab and seen that there were 4 and it was adding new ones until just the other night.

As a good break, I thinks it's time I seek out old Yul on Cinema
      07-25-2022, 09:18 PM   #4716
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Saul episode tonight was odd.
cmyx6go15682.00
      07-26-2022, 06:26 AM   #4717
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Saul episode tonight was odd.
Gonna watch it on my lunch break this afternoon. Looking forward.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 07:03 AM   #4718
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post
Gonna watch it on my lunch break this afternoon. Looking forward.
It was good as always, just sort of different and unexpected.
      07-26-2022, 07:53 AM   #4719
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Get a Firestick (..and download Films+). You'll be able to access everything…….including Netflix/Disney+/Hulu/etc. content without supporting woke streaming services with your dollars.
Serious question...why support those steaming services at all? If woke programming is the antithesis of what you believe in, seems counterintuitive to support them by consuming any content on those platforms even if you're not spending your money.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 11:44 AM   #4720
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:
Get a Firestick (..and download Films+). You'll be able to access everything…….including Netflix/Disney+/Hulu/etc. content without supporting woke streaming services with your dollars.
Serious question...why support those steaming services at all? If woke programming is the antithesis of what you believe in, seems counterintuitive to support them by consuming any content on those platforms even if you're not spending your money.
The same reason I watch some movies with celebrities that I can't stand: the movie is actually good. Or the same reason I'll listen to the odd song by a music artist I can't stand. It doesn't mean I'll go spend money to watch it in the movies or that I'll spend the money to buy the CD/download the content though.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 12:28 PM   #4721
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The same reason I watch some movies with celebrities that I can't stand: the movie is actually good. Or the same reason I'll listen to the odd song by a music artist I can't stand. It doesn't mean I'll go spend money to watch it in the movies or that I'll spend the money to buy the CD/download the content though.
Honestly, I try to live in a state of oblivious ignorance. I want to know nothing about any of the celebrities/athletes I enjoy watching. The more I know about them personally the less I care for them as human beings. Then I'm faced with the dilemma, do I cut my nose off to spite my face? Ignorance truly is bliss in this area of life.

I knew too much about Disney and Netflix to continue with them. I also pretty much stopped watching all the late night shows I used to enjoy.

The less I know the happier I am.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24973.00
T0RM3NT3602.50
      07-26-2022, 12:32 PM   #4722
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, I try to live in a state of oblivious ignorance. I want to know nothing about any of the celebrities/athletes I enjoy watching. The more I know about them personally the less I care for them as human beings. Then I'm faced with the dilemma, do I cut my nose off to spite my face? Ignorance truly is bliss in this area of life.

I knew too much about Disney and Netflix to continue with them. I also pretty much stopped watching all the late night shows I used to enjoy.

The less I know the happier I am.
This is exactly it. When celebrities interject personal things into their craft(s), they force people to look at them differently and consider them on a human decency level. Once you know certain things about a person it is nearly impossible to look at them the same way.
Appreciate 2
      07-26-2022, 02:10 PM   #4723
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

How appropriate, I started watching Mr Robot. Down w evil!
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2022, 02:26 PM   #4724
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Mr. Robot was a great show. USA Network had a string of great shows (…e.g….Burn Notice, Suits, White Collar, etc.).
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3602.50
      07-26-2022, 02:56 PM   #4725
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

I've begun watching "A.L.F.". Talk about taking it way back.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 04:14 PM   #4726
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Mr. Robot was a great show. USA Network had a string of great shows (…e.g….Burn Notice, Suits, White Collar, etc.).
White collar was good!!!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24973.00
      07-26-2022, 04:14 PM   #4727
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Definitely is, can't believe it didn't catch for me the first time I saw it (didn't last 1 or 2 episodes), this is right up my alley.

Quote:
Wow, talk about blast from the past...how old are you?? LOL.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24973.00
      07-26-2022, 06:58 PM   #4728
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Definitely is, can't believe it didn't catch for me the first time I saw it (didn't last 1 or 2 episodes), this is right up my alley.

Quote:
Wow, talk about blast from the past...how old are you?? LOL.
Early 40's! I basically favorited "A.L.F.", "Small Wonder", "Different Strokes", etc…..and began watching each of the series' from childhood. I even looked up "Heathcliff", "Bionic 6", etc.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2022, 12:27 AM   #4729
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
United_States
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe

Quote:
I LOVED Burn Notice & White Collar! So good.

I just finished watching Lupin on NF. That was a LOT of fun
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24973.00
      07-27-2022, 12:28 AM   #4730
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
Quote:
I LOVED Burn Notice & White Collar! So good.

I just finished watching Lupin on NF. That was a LOT of fun
I enjoyed "Lupin" as well.
Appreciate 1