BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > "Selling" an M4CS lease…. HELP

11-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #1
Mstpolo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4CS

"Selling" an M4CS lease…. HELP

New to this type of thing so bare with me…. I currently lease a 2020 M4CS. It was a 30,000 mile lease. I currently have 18k miles on it. It is Alpine white with CCB's. VERY good condition. The lease is up in March with an M4 Comp X on the way. (BRG Individual with everything)…. The residual on the lease is $68k, but obviously worth more than that. Dealer says they'll give me $3k upon the new car. I know I can get way more than that, but have no idea about how to go about this??? HELP!!! Would love $10k to put towards new car and feel I could get $80k for the car…..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 11:10 AM   #2
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

You need to call BMW Finance and see what the policies are now for that. You can just buy the car, sell it, and then put the profit towards the new car. You can always buy it and then turn around and trade it in, but you'll have to work the numbers out regarding the taxes.
      11-23-2022, 11:18 AM   #3
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

I bought out a GM lease about 2/3 of the way through, it was super easy and didn't cost much in fees. Refinanced through my credit union. Never touched paperwork, the credit union most of the work for me.

If I were in your shoes, that's what' I'd do, and do it now so you have time to sort this stuff out. I'd then sell private party if possible about a month prior to the replacement arrival, use the profits to rent if there is some time gap, and use as a trade-in if needed.

Interest rates are high right now, but it's only a few months, and you can make a crap tone more on private party sales.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 12:53 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstpolo View Post
New to this type of thing so bare with me…. I currently lease a 2020 M4CS. It was a 30,000 mile lease. I currently have 18k miles on it. It is Alpine white with CCB's. VERY good condition. The lease is up in March with an M4 Comp X on the way. (BRG Individual with everything)…. The residual on the lease is $68k, but obviously worth more than that. Dealer says they'll give me $3k upon the new car. I know I can get way more than that, but have no idea about how to go about this??? HELP!!! Would love $10k to put towards new car and feel I could get $80k for the car…..
Most states will charge you sales tax on the lease buyout. So remember to include that charge in your thinking.
      11-25-2022, 05:26 PM   #5
Melloco2201
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw m850 bmw x7 jeep wrangler

Quote:
Quote:
Hi
Text me monday
201 282 7558
Appreciate 0