BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

03-24-2022, 09:38 AM   #12761
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
It's crazy to think what a year can do. A year ago my mindset was much different towards guys than it is now. It's amazing what the right person can do. He's the kindest, most affectionate badass there is. His schedule is perfect. He's here, he goes away. He's here, he goes away. I was worried about being smothered and seeing someone alllll the time in the beginning. His schedule doesn't allow for that. I can't believe I'm saying this but I find myself wanting to see him all the time. Who am I?

All in all, he's good to me and he's good for me
Weird what happens when gals stop going for the douchbags

Not saying you used to go for douchbags, but as I get older I hear more and more gals say the same thing you said.

Speaking of smothering, the gf has been super clingy since I got home from overseas. I get it, I was gone for a year, but wholy shit I don't need to you follow along when I'm just running the the gas station to fuel up so I don't have to in the AM before work. And I cant sit on the couch without her needing to be touching me or damn near laying on me.

Couples problems lol. I know in time the clingyness will fade and be back to "normal", I just like my space.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 3
Sara5789.00
Dang3r12508.50
      03-24-2022, 10:07 AM   #12762
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post

Not saying you used to go for douchbags, but as I get older I hear more and more gals say the same thing you said.

Speaking of smothering, the gf has been super clingy since I got home from overseas. I get it, I was gone for a year, but wholy shit I don't need to you follow along when I'm just running the the gas station to fuel up so I don't have to in the AM before work. And I cant sit on the couch without her needing to be touching me or damn near laying on me.

Couples problems lol. I know in time the clingyness will fade and be back to "normal", I just like my space.
I certainly dated douche bags. Hell, I probably wasn't wifey material either for a long time there lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 10:21 AM   #12763
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
It's crazy to think what a year can do. A year ago my mindset was much different towards guys than it is now. It's amazing what the right person can do. He's the kindest, most affectionate badass there is. His schedule is perfect. He's here, he goes away. He's here, he goes away. I was worried about being smothered and seeing someone alllll the time in the beginning. His schedule doesn't allow for that. I can't believe I'm saying this but I find myself wanting to see him all the time. Who am I?

All in all, he's good to me and he's good for me
that all sounds good, but did you do background check..
not married with a family in different state....jussaying
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2022, 05:18 PM   #12764
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:

Careful what you wish for!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 06:57 PM   #12765
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
that all sounds good, but did you do background check..
not married with a family in different state....jussaying
Years ago I briefly dated a chick who's bio said something like she will conduct a full background check on whoever she's dating

Turns out, her ex bf was paying child support behind her back and she had no clue he even had a kid until one day she got something in the mail lol
Appreciate 2
      03-24-2022, 09:18 PM   #12766
440i6MT
Brother
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i, soon E60 M5 Manual

Quote:

What you're describing is exactly how my cousin's ex was with him. I would joke every time he got up to go pee, why isn't she coming with you hahaha

But you like it. Deep down. It's an amazing feeling to be loved!

If you don't mind me asking, what branch are you in? Enlisted or Officer?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 07:28 AM   #12767
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440i6MT View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what branch are you in? Enlisted or Officer?
ARNG enlisted. I almost put a packet in for warrant but got picked up for promotion and moved to a schoolhouse, so I can finally slow down and not be away from home all the time.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 07:42 AM   #12768
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Years ago I briefly dated a chick who's bio said something like she will conduct a full background check on whoever she's dating

Turns out, her ex bf was paying child support behind her back and she had no clue he even had a kid until one day she got something in the mail lol
heard many stories of guys living double life, because of their "job" they would be away for months.. how do you come up with $$$ to pull it off?
Appreciate 3
Dang3r12508.50
      03-25-2022, 08:46 AM   #12769
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
heard many stories of guys living double life, because of their "job" they would be away for months.. how do you come up with $$$ to pull it off?
Tinder Swindler
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2022, 03:56 AM   #12770
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Tinder Swindler
Who is on Tinder? Didnt I need a fuqbook acc for that? Nah! Never will, never do
Clever gals are using Flightradar24 for tracking their favorite pilots live.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615097.00
      03-26-2022, 07:42 AM   #12771
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
If I was inclined I probably could have done that from 2009 to 2012, I was commuting between Atlanta and LA for about a year and a half. I was damn near living two lives.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 04:29 AM   #12772
440i6MT
Brother
Rep

Quote:
I spent some chunk of my young adult years living between Europe & the U.S.
I felt like I was living a double-life. If I frequented back and worth more often, I 100% could have. It's a crazy feeling, admittedly..

The reason I didn't, was, well, you mention $$$
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 04:34 AM   #12773
440i6MT
Brother
Rep

Quote:
ARNG enlisted. I almost put a packet in for warrant but got picked up for promotion and moved to a schoolhouse, so I can finally slow down and not be away from home all the time.
I'll be visiting an AFLO recruiting office this upcoming month. I want to put in a concentrated effort towards the process during this upcoming cycle and hopefully land in intelligence.

I mean, with being in my mid-twenties with Master's and driving a manual BMW? The recruiter will be salivating.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 04:28 AM   #12774
Seismology
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 18d 2019

cool theme
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 08:49 AM   #12775
aguywalksintoabar
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

King Rudi
loving this thread. Thanks for creating
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-05-2022, 03:06 AM   #12776
aguywalksintoabar
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm dating again after my 2nd marriage broke down. Our views didn't jive and she never wanted to go anywhere. Looking back I think she might have been anxious and was refusing to get help. Anyhow, I have been seeing a lady I met at an alumni gathering. It's going well.. about 4 months in.. she gave me some sex checks! They are awesome.. and I am planning on using the doggy and dinner date one this weekend.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15674.50
      04-05-2022, 06:12 AM   #12777
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguywalksintoabar View Post
I'm dating again after my 2nd marriage broke down. Our views didn't jive and she never wanted to go anywhere. Looking back I think she might have been anxious and was refusing to get help. Anyhow, I have been seeing a lady I met at an alumni gathering. It's going well.. about 4 months in.. she gave me some sex checks! They are awesome.. and I am planning on using the doggy and dinner date one this weekend.
Good luck. And welcome Newbie.
      04-06-2022, 11:04 AM   #12778
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Story to share from my brother after his b-day dinner last night. C R I N G E!!

So, there is one lady (A) he has dated off/on since HS (52 bday last night) She always seemed head over heels, and would take to him the minute he called. Was convenient, he had a dog, she had dog(s) so he could always leave dog there when he was around and we went fishing.

Turns out about a week ago he was with woman (B), whom he seemed to want to develop a bit more relationship with. While they were in bed, her daughter knocks on door, "Mom, someone's here to see you." Apparently B has had some issues with a guy, so my brother gets dressed real quick to go out with, just in case.

Upon reaching the door, it's A!!! A and B somehow know each other from HS, but not well. A is invited in, and B asks my brother to leave.

Now, apparently the courts are (fake?) texting my brother about claims C is making against him. . .

I told him not to adopt any bunnies.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 12:28 PM   #12779
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

In an attempt to revive this shit show I need your help with the one topic every man fears...

When I left for overseas a year ago March, my gf was starting to put on some pounds, while I was gone she put on a bit more and I was starting to get worried it would continue, but then 4 months before I got home she started the 75Hard challenge, kicked ass and lost something like 25lbs. She was always talking about how she hated the work, but loved the results, and wanted to focus on flattening the tummy. When I got home she looked amazing, but now that the challenge is over she has put all those pounds back on to the point that when she walks by I find myself thinking that those pants or that shirt is not flattering, and how the work she put in during the challenge went right out the window.

How in the hell do I bring this up without getting things thrown at my head?!

She was running everyday during the challenge when it was fall and winter, then she would run a few times a week, now she doesn't run at all. We have a treadmill, we have a gym setup in the garage, and the weather is finally nice enough to be active outside, but I can't seem to get her off the couch.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 12:40 PM   #12780
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Need more info. How old are you, how old is she, any kids, how long you been together?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 12:54 PM   #12781
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
In an attempt to revive this shit show I need your help with the one topic every man fears...

When I left for overseas a year ago March, my gf was starting to put on some pounds, while I was gone she put on a bit more and I was starting to get worried it would continue, but then 4 months before I got home she started the 75Hard challenge, kicked ass and lost something like 25lbs. She was always talking about how she hated the work, but loved the results, and wanted to focus on flattening the tummy. When I got home she looked amazing, but now that the challenge is over she has put all those pounds back on to the point that when she walks by I find myself thinking that those pants or that shirt is not flattering, and how the work she put in during the challenge went right out the window.

How in the hell do I bring this up without getting things thrown at my head?!

She was running everyday during the challenge when it was fall and winter, then she would run a few times a week, now she doesn't run at all. We have a treadmill, we have a gym setup in the garage, and the weather is finally nice enough to be active outside, but I can't seem to get her off the couch.
What motivated her to start the challenge the first time?

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 01:12 PM   #12782
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Need more info. How old are you, how old is she, any kids, how long you been together?
I'm 38, she is 34, no kids, and a few years

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
What motivated her to start the challenge the first time?
Well, her reasoning was to better herself.

I think she did it to be able to tell people she did it lol

She has always stated a fear of hers is to become "fat" as she would say (not just overweight, she says fat). While she is far from what would be considered fat, but the muffin top is definitely there.

Appreciate 0