BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

10-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #1013
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
He's already done the meeting w/kids thing, though. She OBVIOUSLY likes him. SEAL THE DEAL before she rolls out.
I know that. You know that. In fact, 100% of the respondents in this thread (aside from doc himself) know that.

But if he needs to lean on them one more time then fine, but after I think he needs to realize that he's got all the info he needs to know she's into him and go for it sans kids. Plan on an actual night out, just her and him.
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
King Rudi13154.00
      10-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #1014
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

At this point I think he's uncertain he wants to make a move with her for various reasons (maybe it's not been long since she's or he's divorced, maybe he's trying to identify if she's a cougar or a gold digger first, maybe he's concerned about how the situation will play out with all the kids, maybe he's not attracted to her but it's hard to say no to her basically asking him out)
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #1015
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
....well yeah, this is given no? Since this IS the internet I'd also like to add that the only reason I don't post in the "What's on your wrist?" thread is because I don't want to bust the bubble of those guys bank accounts.
It's funny - we have different reasons for not posting in the "what's on your wrist" thread, but at the end of the day, it is because we both have their best interests in mind.

In my case, it is because all I have on my wrist is hair. Coarse hair. Almost pube like, but a little softer and sits flatter. And I don't want them to have to suffer from that imagery.

You however, well, clearly I have no problem with putting you through said horrible mental images. Maybe you can tell work you have PTSD, and list BP as the cause. I'd like to see how that would work out.

My boss is a jerk of the highest order, so I know if I approached him with that, it would never work.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #1016
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
At this point I think he's uncertain he wants to make a move with her for various reasons (maybe it's not been long since she's or he's divorced, maybe he's trying to identify if she's a cougar or a gold digger first, maybe he's concerned about how the situation will play out with all the kids, maybe he's not attracted to her but it's hard to say no to her basically asking him out)
She could be a succubus...
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      10-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #1017
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
She could be a succubus...
Aren't they all?
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      10-26-2018, 08:47 AM   #1018
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Aren't they all?
Preach!
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      10-26-2018, 08:48 AM   #1019
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
....well yeah, this is given no? Since this IS the internet I'd also like to add that the only reason I don't post in the "What's on your wrist?" thread is because I don't want to bust the bubble of those guys bank accounts.
The only thing on my wrist is Emma Stone. Oh wait...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #1020
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
It's funny - we have different reasons for not posting in the "what's on your wrist" thread, but at the end of the day, it is because we both have their best interests in mind.

In my case, it is because all I have on my wrist is hair. Coarse hair. Almost pube like, but a little softer and sits flatter. And I don't want them to have to suffer from that imagery.

You however, well, clearly I have no problem with putting you through said horrible mental images. Maybe you can tell work you have PTSD, and list BP as the cause. I'd like to see how that would work out.

My boss is a jerk of the highest order, so I know if I approached him with that, it would never work.
We found Bigfoot!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #1021
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
We found Bigfoot!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      10-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #1022
________
________
Rep

And I'm here thinking Doc is coming back saying the only thing he's got on his wrist is Danielle...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #1023
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
we're meeting at the school for the boys halloween spooktacular. rumor has it they are not letting parents stay this year due to THEM eating all the candy last year. I told her if thats the case then we're going for a drink, and I said it like a boss
start with this!
Appreciate 3
      10-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #1024
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
And I'm here thinking Doc is coming back saying the only thing he's got on his wrist is Danielle...
He's gonna be giving himself a wrister if he doesn't step it up.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-26-2018, 10:20 AM   #1025
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

so ive been seeing that bumble girl i met with like a month back that i mentioned on here, but im just not feeling it.

i dont know why. shes nice, loyal, attractive, always cooks me some good ass food, and we have a good time together. when i think about it logically, she should be perfect, but i just dont get excited to see her. i kind of want to break it off but i feel like i will end up regretting it as soon as i get back into the shit life of online dating again.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #1026
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
so ive been seeing that bumble girl i met with like a month back that i mentioned on here, but im just not feeling it.

i dont know why. shes nice, loyal, attractive, always cooks me some good ass food, and we have a good time together. when i think about it logically, she should be perfect, but i just dont get excited to see her. i kind of want to break it off but i feel like i will end up regretting it as soon as i get back into the shit life of online dating again.
You already have your answer.

Don't settle just for settling. You'll regret it in the future.

And you don't have to go back to Bumble. That's what got you in this position in the first place.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #1027
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

You don't know why? You sound young.

The grass is always greener on the other side...till you get there.

Why did it take a month for you to not be "feeling it"?
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2018, 10:31 AM   #1028
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

And you don't have to go back to Bumble. That's what got you in this position in the first place.
Doesn't matter what app, site or supermarket you meet people in. Some don't work out. Same people on these apps are the ones we run across IRL...
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #1029
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't matter what app, site or supermarket you meet people in. Some don't work out. Same people on these apps are the ones we run across IRL...
While what you say is true, the opposite isn't.

Same people we find on bumble and tinder are the people we meet in real life.

Some people we meet in real life are not on bumble and tinder. And those are the ones you want to meet.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-26-2018, 10:53 AM   #1030
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Some people we meet in real life are not on bumble and tinder. And those are the ones you want to meet.

Cheers
So you're saying everyone on a dating app or site is not worth meeting?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #1031
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
So you're saying everyone on a dating app or site is not worth meeting?
I'm saying that's the rule, yes.

There are exceptions, I'm sure, as there are in any rule.

EDIT: Just by principle of the matter. People in these apps usually have the wrong motivation, or mismatched desires.

Just the same way you wouldn't want to go out with a woman who got divorced last week and is "looking for a new father to my babies", the motivation to get into these apps is flawed for a meaningful relationship situation.

If both want to hook up, great. Who knows, maybe something will come out of it as well!? Rarely the case.
Appreciate 2
      10-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #1032
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Quote:

Solid words here.

On the other end of the spectrum keep in the back of your mind not all women are honest, loyal, cook or attractive. As humans we tend to go for what is wrong based on how we feel and forget about sensibility. Everyone I've ever fallen for was toxic. The ones that I have dated because it looked good on paper, I was never really in to. Welcome to being human.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #1033
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

you guys are killing me
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #1034
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm saying that's the rule, yes.

There are exceptions, I'm sure, as there are in any rule.

EDIT: Just by principle of the matter. People in these apps usually have the wrong motivation, or mismatched desires.

Just the same way you wouldn't want to go out with a woman who got divorced last week and is "looking for a new father to my babies", the motivation to get into these apps is flawed for a meaningful relationship situation.

If both want to hook up, great. Who knows, maybe something will come out of it as well!? Rarely the case.
That's too much of a blanket statement. I've met a shit ton of useless women off the apps/sites, but I have also had relationships last for years with others. Bad eggs everywhere. Can't say everyone on there is no bueno.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50