BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Supaguard question about application and a moan

05-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Supaguard question about application and a moan

As some of you who have read my other post will be aware i am having issues with my local dealer. I paid for the supaguard protection but i have a bird lime stain on my car, the main part was removed within 2 hours when i saw it but it has left the stain. I have been informed/told to polish it out!!!!

I was not issued with a certificate of application like scotchguard (think that is how it is spelt) do with form for warranty/guarantee purposes.

Question is has anyone else been provided with certificate/evidence if so what?

Is there a way of testing to see if this has been applied?

I love the car but it is really beginning but the dealer issues are really beginning to get to me and to be honest I do not believe anything they say.

I have also e-mailed supaguard directly to get some additional information.

There is no way I am going to sit back and let them get away from the mess they have caused and inconvenience they have put me through.

I sound like a moaner I know but I’m not like that at all and just want the car that i paid for in the condition it should be.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #2
Patrick BMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Garage List
2016 BMW 430iAM-Sport  [0.00]
2012 125i  [9.00]
I'm surprised that your dealer did not present you with proof that supagard was applied. Suggests that it was not :-(
I looked at their web site http://www.supagard.co.uk/ but didn't see anything. Suggest that you try three things; 1. ask your dealer for written confirmation, 2, check that the dealer is an authorised supplier and 3, ask supagard if their suppliers should hand out some proof that the job was carried out, like s certificate.
good luck
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
from my understanding, supaguard is just a sealant- i wouldnt pay my stealer the £400 they asked when i can do the same thing myself, and better, for £50.

having said that, if they had done, I would expect a certificate, or at least some guarantee on the paint. They do have press all over their shop stating '3 year protection' and all that
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

I found a bird stain on my carbon black Z4 with no paint protection and over a couple of days it disappeared you may be lucky. On my 325 blue compact the bird stain stayed for life.
      05-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
Private
Rep

Well i have phoned supaguard and they said that the treatment is only to stop discolouration of the car and not to offer protection against other elements e.g. bird droppings.

They also said that i should have got a booklet or certificate with some numbers on and the dealers details, going to double check my paperwork tonight.

There is no physical test to check either other than to wash the car and dry it, it should then have a shine on it, you don't say

I wouldn't expect a new car to have a shine
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
hollpe
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport

I have had bird lime damage on a few of my cars now. Unfortunately the damage happens very very quickly & I've yet to come across anything apart from a protective film / vinyl wrap that will prevent the damage happening.

My local dealer heated the lacquer where the damage was with a heat gun and the marks disappeared! Its not something I wouldn't recommend trying it at home but it does work!

I'll dig out some before and after pictures later and post them up.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollpe
I have had bird lime damage on a few of my cars now. Unfortunately the damage happens very very quickly & I've yet to come across anything apart from a protective film / vinyl wrap that will prevent the damage happening.

My local dealer heated the lacquer where the damage was with a heat gun and the marks disappeared! Its not something I wouldn't recommend trying it at home but it does work!

I'll dig out some before and after pictures later and post them up.
That would be great thanks
Appreciate 0