BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW M140i ECU Wiring Diagram

08-25-2023, 09:18 AM   #1
MylesCasey
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335D

BMW M140i ECU Wiring Diagram

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can give me any help.

Long story short - I’m in the process of building a B58 motor and I am going to transplant it into a standard F20 chassis (As well as changing all other components such as suspension, fuel lines etc)

My only problem is that I cannot find a wiring diagram for the M140i ECU or FEM anywhere as I am going to need this for wiring it all up to the car.
Does anybody have or know where I can get one as it will help me - and I’m sure a lot of other people massively!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 01:56 PM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

If you have ISTA you can check the wiring diagrams.
Send me your vin and I can provide you with the wiring diagrams, Which specifically do you want?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 06:32 AM   #3
bmw116ai
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i

Hey TheNine90, maybe you can help me. I am looking to change the cluster on my 2011 F20 116i. It had a basic cluster when I bought the care and I've added a multfuntion steering wheel with the cruise control buttons. The buttons work, but I need to install a cluster that has the cruise control speed indicator. I have a used cluster but i don't want to install it until it is virginized or maybe I will just swap the eproms from the old cluster to the new one.

I don't have ISTA, so can you send me the KOMBI wiring diagram or the 12 pin connector pinout diagram for the old cluster so I can identify the CAN lines and disconnect them before doing a power test on the new cluster?

Also does ISTA show which eproms hold the milage and vin data? I think it is just the 160DOWQ eprom but Google searches have not been conclusive. I am tempted to swap the 95080WQ eprom too just to be save and thus avoid having to virginize the existing eproms and doing a bunch of coding. (I'm not concerned about the soldering since I've already replaced all of the amber LEDs with white and I have the right equipment to do the job.)

If anyone else can help, that would be appreciated too.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Last edited by bmw116ai; 02-05-2024 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: more detail
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 06:33 AM   #4
bmw116ai
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i

I just noticed TheNine90 is banned!!!

Can anyone else help?
Appreciate 0