BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Speakers Under The Seat

06-21-2022, 08:50 AM   #1
Wyskla
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series 116i F20

Post Speakers Under The Seat

Hey everyone!
Just a question regarding my 2011 1 Series F20 and the speakers under the two front seats, on the base model of the car, which comes with 6 speakers total (two in the doors, two under the seat, and two in the parcel shelf), are they just normal 6 inch speakers or subwoofers? I plan on upgrading them but not too sure if they're specially designed subwoofers or if I can just use normal, to-date 6" speakers. I've looked around for guides on the base model specs and can't find anything on the specs of the speakers and was wondering if anyone here knows?
Any input is greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 08:47 AM   #2
Algon
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

The underseat woofers are not regular speakers. You will have to buy underseat woofers designed for BMWs like the Audison S8-4.
Don't think upgrading the underseat woofers without adding an amplifier will be an improvement.
Appreciate 0