BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > So if you had $50K to invest, where would you put it?

06-29-2020, 09:24 AM   #2047
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
My trading platform has none of those, which is really quite frustrating.
That sucks...only other one is PRPO. I have to close some positions before opening others. I don't like having more than 5 "irons" in the fire at once.
      06-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #2048
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

More XSPA News I see camera's...Wonder what's coming?
Attached Images

06-29-2020, 09:37 AM   #2049
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
More XSPA News I see camera's...Wonder what's coming?
Link to stream?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 10:06 AM   #2050
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Link to stream?
I can't find it...I keep finding stuff like this pic below. I know they filed to delay ER until 7/6. Makes me think that PR is coming after seeing the Port Authority stuff.

Time on the first picture looked good...I just wish they had a calendar or date hanging somewhere to see the date.
Attached Images

06-29-2020, 10:09 AM   #2051
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

All I know is that it's on the rise again!
      06-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #2052
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

XSPA - Time magazine published an article on the 23rd
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8209.00
      06-29-2020, 10:58 AM   #2053
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
XSPA - Time magazine published an article on the 23rd
Yes...I seen that one. In the pics...he is at a podium so I figured it was a news conference. Either way...the price is rising on just the rumor alone.
      06-29-2020, 11:12 AM   #2054
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Yeah, obviously..."buy low, sell high" is still the goal regardless of how long you plan on holding for. No point in purchasing shares at a peak and/or when overbought. There will always be a "Good / Better / Best" time to buy any particular stock. No, I'm not talking about market timing/buying at absolute bottom, but rather, putting the odds in your favor to catch a larger percentage of the meat in that curve.

Sure...you're describing the difference between Technical analysis and Fundamental investing. In your case, given the goals you've set forth, it sounds like owning individual stocks will end up being a disaster. Just stick with sector-based ETFs, etc. and you'll likely be much better off in the long run.
Agreed, I understand that under normal circumstances picking individual stocks to hold for the long term has a low success rate in comparison to something like a good ETF or index, but my god, ETF's just seem so mundane in this volatile market. This could just be my wishful thinking, but I was under the impression picking companies that have been exaggerated by the effects of COVID, could outperform indexes and sector based ETF's if chosen wisely.

What you're saying is logical and I'm certain I will transition into those safer investment vehicles as my risk tolerance decreases, but right now, I've been swing trading large caps and a few penny stocks, and my weekly gains have outperformed any annual index return I have seen.

I do appreciate the outlook and I know it's solid advise, but I am just learning and willing to lose a few bucks in the process.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #2055
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
I do appreciate the outlook and I know it's solid advise, but I am just learning and willing to lose a few bucks in the process.
Good to hear!

Well if that's the case, definitely stick with it...if you have the time/patience/willingness to learn, it certainly can be an interesting/lucerative hobby.

I've found some solid info from these 2 sources recently...
This guy covers it all:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jc4x4/videos

This guy dissects mostly day trades, but the same theory can definitely be applied to longer trades just by adjusting chart time frames (1hr, 4hr, Daily, etc.)...really neat to see the backtesting done in near real:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeF...GhwuQrg/videos
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8209.00
      06-29-2020, 12:29 PM   #2056
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Damn VXRT has me on tilt today from our vacation home. Wtf. I can lose the $ but I'd rather not .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 12:53 PM   #2057
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good to hear!

Well if that's the case, definitely stick with it...if you have the time/patience/willingness to learn, it certainly can be an interesting/lucerative hobby.

This guy covers it all:

This guy dissects mostly day trades, but the same theory can definitely be applied to longer trades just by adjusting chart time frames (1hr, 4hr, Daily, etc.)...really neat to see the backtesting done in near real:
Thank you. Will check those out tonight.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 01:19 PM   #2058
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
TORC at the moment.

I would say IBIO...but I mentioned that last week and it's already running...up almost 30%.

UAVS is one that will go....but in about 3-4 weeks. It's the lowest it;s been....so a good time if you want in.

Only other one is DLPN. That one has ER today or tomorrow and could gap up an easy 20% pretty quickly.

But these are just my plays. Please use your own judgment and research!
Hey Todd, I was going to pickup a few shares of UAVS, but something that I'm having trouble understanding is why no one is scooping anything up below the most recent DPO at $1.35. I see they had another DPO back on May 12th priced at $1.06. Do you think investors are using that as a baseline rather than the most recent offering? Considering those average out to about current share price, it would make sense.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 01:40 PM   #2059
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good to hear!

This guy covers it all:

Quote:
Agreed, I understand that under normal circumstances picking individual stocks to hold for the long term has a low success rate in comparison to something like a good ETF or index, but my god, ETF's just seem so mundane in this volatile market. This could just be my wishful thinking, but I was under the impression picking companies that have been exaggerated by the effects of COVID, could outperform indexes and sector based ETF's if chosen wisely.

What you're saying is logical and I'm certain I will transition into those safer investment vehicles as my risk tolerance decreases, but right now, I've been swing trading large caps and a few penny stocks, and my weekly gains have outperformed any annual index return I have seen.

Also, I want to correct what I said earlier and say; I'm not averaging over a 9% return weekly, but close (the typical average return of a good index), it's more like monthly, as there have been some loses not perviously factored in. They are unrealized losses, but still, thought I should clarify as I really don't want to come off as some sort of wizard hot shot stock trader.

I don't know crap, lol.
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2020, 02:03 PM   #2060
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Do yous guys generally or consistently beat the 4 major indexes yearly (Dow, S&P,NAS,Russ)?
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8209.00
      06-29-2020, 04:06 PM   #2061
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Do yous guys generally or consistently beat the 4 major indexes yearly (Dow, S&P,NAS,Russ)?
I will admit that I don't average out over the course of 5 years. Later years yes, earlier years no.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50
      06-29-2020, 07:19 PM   #2062
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
FWIW, I threw a few Franklins (that I can afford to lose) at DLPN, TORC, and AIKI first thing this morning. Let's see where they go.

Every time that I have tried to play the market with logic and common sense, the result has been painful. Well, except for a $200 longshot on AMD when it was in the toilet at $1.80. Let's see if I can do any better by trying something new.....
      06-30-2020, 03:23 AM   #2063
stvward
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i on order

XSPA

https://investors.xpresspa.com/news-...-pilot-program
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8209.00
      06-30-2020, 03:37 AM   #2064
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvward View Post
wonder what that'll do today!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8209.00
      06-30-2020, 04:20 AM   #2065
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Todd, I was going to pickup a few shares of UAVS, but something that I'm having trouble understanding is why no one is scooping anything up below the most recent DPO at $1.35. I see they had another DPO back on May 12th priced at $1.06. Do you think investors are using that as a baseline rather than the most recent offering? Considering those average out to about current share price, it would make sense.
I think it's just Low volume pull-backs coupled with "long-term" investors getting tired of waiting and taking profits. The long-term "uptrend" still shows.

I would never buy below a previous DO..if there is another one that sets the new average "share price".

Lack of PR.....and people who have been there long as I said above leaving. I think we will see this pop back up on the radar soon. The company is opening a place in the same area that Amazon is...so you know...rumors..etc.

In these cases...I use this as an opportunity to avg down as I still feel it will run....but I just have to wait. Bio-pharm is all the rage right now! So everyone is gathered around that sector so to speak.
      06-30-2020, 04:21 AM   #2066
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Ask me again in a year!
      06-30-2020, 04:28 AM   #2067
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvward View Post
Nice....so all the pics I was posting yesterday were not old. I seen it made all the airways and news channels last night. PM, it's up 16%.

Also keep in mind that Xspa hasn't officially released PR yet. They delayed their ER until 7/6...so Mr. Doug has something up his sleeve like I said earlier.

I have seen "e-mails" were people applied for jobs in Florida for them. They responded that the contract wasn't complete yet, but they wanted to fill positions there.

They have also been hiring for Chicago and LAX.

Guys....I have always said not to let emotions cloud your judgement. But I will admit.....I have been in this one since .37 cents. And out of everything I own...I am "attached" to this one. I admit it. I decided long ago it was a LT hold for me...as in more than a year. Just because of what they are trying to become...and because of the CEO.

I could sell right now and make a very nice amount of money. I'm up 372%. But I am not selling. I have watched it run, bleed, run, bleed, etc.

Now it's personal for me....but it shouldn't be.
      06-30-2020, 04:50 AM   #2068
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
FWIW, I threw a few Franklins (that I can afford to lose) at DLPN, TORC, and AIKI first thing this morning. Let's see where they go.

Every time that I have tried to play the market with logic and common sense, the result has been painful. Well, except for a $200 longshot on AMD when it was in the toilet at $1.80. Let's see if I can do any better by trying something new.....
I wish you all the best. I will put it out there what I have. So if I go down in flames..it's my fault. These are my biggest holdings. Now I do have some 'smaller play's" in a different broker. But they are long shots just to see what happens. Remember...patience is key in all of these!

All bought with "house money". Also I am Green in all of these except Aiki where I am sitting about even. I could sell at anytime and make some money. Anytime they have jumped, I used the opportunity to pull out my initial investment. Most of the time I put it right back in during a dip of one of the others for more shares. I keep building this way.

XSPA - I have talked about this one enough.

DLPN- ER was supposed to be yesterday...but now I am hearing today. Once they are released...the stock on paper is worth twice what it is now.

Aiki - I have "swung" this stock 3 times. I mentioned it a long time ago on this thread. I made 200% and 300% the first 2X/ The last time...they dropped a Public Offering of $1 when the stock was running at almost $3. So I got caught holding a bag. Since then I have averaged down into the high .80's. They hold some key patents with the University of Maryland. Watch this one...when it finally runs....it will go hard once it breaks the first resistance of around 1.3X. If the right news hits...it could be a $4+ PT.

IBIO - I posted their news earlier in the thread about the free use of "Watson" for 18 months. Yesterday they also released news on H1N1 stuff they are working on. Once it hit's $3...it could run to $5 pretty easily because of teh volume.

PRPO- You can look back through the board and see what I have posted that they are working on.And they have a low float.

TORC- They have a merger that alone would result in a share price of around 3.20 once it's closed. But they have a bigger catalyst. I though they were only in phase 1...but they are in phase 3 of trials.

UAVS - I have posted their info on here before. I just think this one is going to be the longest wait of all of them.

Phase 3 Study to Determine if RTB101 Reduces the Severity of COVID-19 in Older Adults Residing in Nursing Homes .

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...&draw=2&rank=1
vreihen1615188.50