BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > My car leaking diesel

10-20-2023, 12:39 PM   #1
SaltyToast
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116D

Exclamation My car leaking diesel

Hi!, so recently i was driving, all was good but suddenly i started smelling diesel in the cabin. I got home and saw that my car was leaking quite alot of diesel. Its weird cause one moment it didnt leak at all, to leaking alot.
So i got it to a shop (never used them before) and they said my high pressure fuel pump was leaking and that only the part would cost 2500!. Is it possible that it is actully the pump or are they tryna rip me off. Cause the car runs perfectly fine, its only leaking.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2023, 06:25 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Hi!

If it's NOK that looks cheap. Here's the part number: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...&q=16117243972, explore your options. Also, notice the o-rings: they might be all you need to replace. If you don't trust the shop, address another one, of course.

And finally, I hope I don't need to tell you driving with a fuel leak is extremely dangerous, you must avoid that!
Appreciate 0