BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Gran Premio De España Pirelli 2015

05-04-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Formula 1 Gran Premio De España Pirelli 2015

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Back in Europe, sad to see fewer European races in the calender.
Was shocked that even Monza was in threat. I think there should be a balance on money milking events (like Abu Dhabi), and classical venues (Monza, Silverstone, Spa, etc.)

Back to racing, this race after three weeks break from fly-away series. Many teams and bringing their major upgrades to Spain. This is also a great location to validate their improvements over last few months since Winter Testing.

Just hope Alonso doesn't have any anxiety attack while approaching Turn 3.

Race Date: 10 May 2015
Circuit Name: CIRCUIT DE BARCELONA-CATALUNYA
First Grand Prix: 1991
Number of Laps: 66
Circuit Length: 4.655 km
Race Distance: 307.104 km
Lap Record: 1:21.670 - KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN (2008)

Tire Compounds Provided:
Prime:
Hard (Orange)
Option: Medium (White)
Rain: Cinturato Intermediate (Green) / Cinturato Wet (Blue)

F1 TIMETABLE (Barcelona Local Time)
Fri 08 May 2015
Practice 1
10:00 – 11:30
Practice 2 14:00 – 15:30
Sat 09 May 2015
Practice 3
11:00 – 12:00
Qualifying 14:00 – 15:00
Sun 10 May 2015
Race
14:00

F1 TIMETABLE (Pacific Time)
Fri 08 May 2015
Practice 1
01:00 – 02:30
Practice 2 05:00 – 06:30
Sat 09 May 2015
Practice 3
02:00 – 03:00
Qualifying 05:00 – 06:00
Sun 10 May 2015
Race
05:00

F1 TIMETABLE (Eastern Time)
Fri 08 May 2015
Practice 1
04:00 – 05:30
Practice 2 08:00 – 09:30
Sat 09 May 2015
Practice 3
05:00 – 06:00
Qualifying 08:00 – 09:00
Sun 10 May 2015
Race
08:00
Attached Images

05-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 03:18 AM   #3
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

^

Feels like it's been a long time since the last race.

I'm not sure whether or not I have time to watch it as I'll be in Vancouver.

WEC was really good, DTM, not so much.
      05-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #4
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

I love May and all of the racing! Being in Indiana, between F1 and Indy Car, just so much to see and do!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #5
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
McLaren's new livery debut for Spanish GP.
Attached Images

05-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #6
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Renault to bring modified-spec engines to Spain

Renault to bring modified-spec engines to Spain

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...-engines-spain

Renault will have a modified engine specification at the Spanish Grand Prix that should improve reliability and driveability.

Renault has struggled to get its 2015 power unit to perform since the opening test this year and has incurred the wrath of its partner Red Bull on several occasions. Christian Horner was hoping for an improved specification in Barcelona, and although it is not clear whether Renault's upgrades will meet his high expectations, the power unit should be more reliable and easier to drive.

"The three week gap has given us an opportunity to look at all the information from the start of the season," Renault director of operations Remi Taffin said. "We have been flat out to counter the issues encountered early on and we will have a modified spec of engine for this race that should give improved reliability and driveability. We are looking forward to Spain to see our hard work in action."

Taffin added: "Barcelona is much more of a traditional circuit than the first four tracks we have visited so far this year. The layout flows a lot more, with high and medium speed corners rather than tight, slow hairpins and long straights. It also has changes of altitude as the track follows the contours of the hills. As such, the circuit represents medium difficulty for the power units, which subsequently have to deliver good all-round performance across all the parts."
      05-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #7
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Mercedes due chassis and engine updates

Mercedes due chassis and engine updates

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...engine-updates

The Mercedes W06 Hybrid is due updates to both chassis and power unit over the coming races as the championship-leading team aims to continue to fend off a resurgent Ferrari this season.

Mercedes has won three of the first four races this year, but has not enjoyed the same level of on-track dominance that it did in the early rounds of 2014. Ferrari's victory in Malaysia and second-place finish in Bahrain has upped the pressure on Mercedes, but team boss Toto Wolff said the chassis and engine departments have reacted with a series of updates for the next few races.

"Every single team member in Brackley and Brixworth knows that we can't afford to take our foot off the gas so we are pushing hard with developments to the car and the power unit for the coming races," Wolff said. "Barcelona is traditionally the first race for big upgrades, so we will be interested to see how we perform relative to the competition.

"After the first part of the season, the last weeks gave us the chance to judge our performance so far - and look at what we need to do to build our advantage in the next weeks and months. We scored more points in the first four races of 2015 than in 2014 and enjoyed better reliability; the team is in a very strong position.

"The difference is the competitive situation: in 2014, we had a lead of over 100 points in the constructors' championship; this year, it's 52 points and we are in a close battle at every race weekend. But that's what Formula One is all about: accepting the challenge of performing at your best for every lap of every race weekend, and always pushing yourself to be even better."

Technical boss Paddy Lowe added: "We now head to the first European race, which is traditionally seen as the first major upgrade point of the season. But in practice, recent years have seen car upgrades become more of a constant and relentless campaign throughout the year. We may see a little more than usual after the three-week gap, however, so it will be interesting to see what each team brings to the table.

"Barcelona is one of the most demanding circuits on the calendar, testing both chassis and power unit, and it's often said that if you're quick here, you'll be quick anywhere. We looked strong during winter testing - but time has passed, teams will have developed their cars significantly in the subsequent weeks and we'll now see much warmer temperatures, so we don't know how we'll look until we get there. That's part of the excitement of Formula One! We'll have a lot of work to do on Friday to get the most out of the car and see where we stand for the weekend."
      05-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Old vs new livery...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #10
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

.... Manor ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #13
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

I wonder if you get paid by McLaren to have your brand displayed on that disaster...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #14
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Three weeks felt like an eternity
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #15
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
That new McLaren livery makes the car look like it has a double-nose -- and it looks awful. The old livery was one of my favorites on the grid this year. This new one, not so much!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #16
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Nico Rosberg offers explanation for gap to Lewis Hamilton

Nico Rosberg offers explanation for gap to Lewis Hamilton

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...lewis-hamilton

Nico Rosberg says he has yet to "maximise" a race weekend this season and is hoping doing so at the Spanish Grand Prix will allow him to beat Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton in a straight fight.

Rosberg has finished behind Hamilton at every race this year and heads to the fifth round in Spain with a 27-point deficit in the championship. Asked directly why he has failed to pose a serious threat to Hamilton at the first four races, Rosberg said it was a matter of getting the best from all aspects of his race weekend.

"It's just a matter of maximising the weekend and it's not really come together until now," he said. "Parts have gone well but other parts not so well and I just need to put it all together. Of course I will try to do that from now onwards.

"Of course, the results [so far] speak for themselves and it's pretty clear. For me Barcelona is a race on its own and I come here after a personal boost from Bahrain and I just want to optimise this weekend. That's it and I'm not really thinking about it more than that."

Rosberg believes the threat from Ferrari will be present again in Spain.

"We expect it to be similar now to the last couple of races. We still hope to be in front in qualifying and in the race it is going to be very close. I think it's going to continue, but of course here everybody has brought some updates, so that is going to shuffle things around a little bit, but the general trend is probably going to stay very similar."
      05-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #17
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Fernando Alonso: 'No concerns' about returning to scene of accident

Fernando Alonso: 'No concerns' about returning to scene of accident

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...laren-accident

Fernando Alonso has no concerns about returning to the scene of his pre-season accident at this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix.

Alonso missed the opening round of the season to recover from concussion after losing control of his McLaren on the exit of Turn 3 at the Circuit de Catalunya in testing. The reasons for the accident have yet to be fully explained, although Alonso claims his McLaren's steering locked and forced him into the wall.

But Alonso has no qualms about driving the MP4-30 at the track this weekend and the only legacy of the accident appears to be a dinner he has arranged with the hospital staff that treated him following the crash.

"No concerns," he said when asked about the crash. "It was an accident that happened three months ago and unfortunately it took a little bit longer to recover - the impact was a little bit unlucky - and it took me out of the car for one month. I'm coming back here with full confidence and full motivation to do well and to perform and deliver a good result in front of the home crowd.

"The week that I was in hospital I had one of the best staff that I could imagine in the hospital and they were so kind to me. I plan to have dinner with them, probably on Sunday as I am staying here on Monday for an event with sponsors, so Sunday night all the stress of the race will pass. I will find a quiet place on Sunday to have dinner with all of them."
      05-07-2015, 10:26 AM   #18
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Lotus' warning to Maldonado

Lotus' warning to Maldonado

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...g-to-Maldonado

He may come with one of the "biggest" sponsorships in F1 but Lotus have warned Pastor Maldonado he needs to prove himself out on track.

Last season, his first year with Lotus, the Venezuelan driver managed just two points although that was largely due to an under-performing E22.

However, this season he has yet to get off the mark in a vastly improved E23.

While team-mate Romain Grosjean has 12 Championship points, Maldonado has three retirements and a lacklustre P15 to his name.

And Lotus' CEO Matthew Carter has now warned the driver that sponsorship does not make up for a lack of results.

"PDVSA are probably one of the biggest sponsors within F1," he told Autosport.

"They are a good sponsor, and while our latest figures stack up, they stack up contingent on PDVSA being involved within the team.

"At the moment they are part and parcel of what makes up our budget, so we're not looking to change.

"But then no driver is in a position where they cannot be dropped.

"They're only as good as their previous performances, and ultimately Pastor proves himself on the track."

Carter, though, is confident that Maldonado, who has one F1 victory to his name having triumphed at the 2012 Spanish GP, can produce the results required.

"He gets a lot of bad press, but he is a good driver," he continued.

"He's also a quick driver, we know that, we know what he does in the simulator and what he does off the track.

"He didn't have a good car last year - neither him nor Romain [Grosjean] had a good car - and both of them were probably guilty of trying to overdrive it because of the problems they had with it.

"This year they do have a good car. With Pastor, his qualifying hasn't been great and he would be the first to admit to that.

"In the first race [in Australia] he had a fantastic start, but was shunted off the track, similarly in the second [in Malaysia].

"In China, in the first half of the race he drove really well, but had a slight issue with his brakes coming into the pit, and then it was playing catch up from there on.

"Overall we believe we've given him the right tools this year to prove himself, and he's the rest of the season to do that."
      05-07-2015, 12:27 PM   #19
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Yes, sir
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #20
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

05-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #21
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

05-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #22
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Felipe Massa hopes to be Williams' Lionel Messi

Felipe Massa hopes to be Williams' Lionel Messi

LOL!!! WTF???!!!!

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...ish-grand-prix

Felipe Massa joked that he hopes to be Williams' Lionel Messi at the Spanish Grand Prix after watching the Argentine's exploits for Barcelona against Bayern Munich.

On Wednesday night Massa was at the Nou Camp to watch Barcelona beat Bayern Munich 3-0 in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final. Messi was the hero with two goals and Massa, who was visited by Barcelona striker Neymar Jr during winter testing, pointed to the Argentine for motivation ahead of this weekend's race.

"Yesterday [I was at] the game," Massa told journalists. "I was there, it was nice to see Barcelona playing - it was amazing and so strong so I hope we can have a similar result like they had yesterday as well here!"

Massa was then asked who he thinks is the Messi of the Williams team and the Brazilian laughed, replying: "I hope me! I will try."

Speaking more seriously about the weekend, Massa said Williams needs to keep an eye on the looming Red Bulls as it looks to at least consolidate third in the pecking order behind Ferrari.

"We will try everything we can. It's definitely another race after three weeks, we're working to have lots of parts on the car. We don't know how much more or less we have compared to the other teams. I hope we can have a good weekend here. I don't think things will change completely from the first four race and this race, but I hope we can have a good weekend.

"We always need to be worried. Red Bull is a team which won four championships in a row, they know how to win and we know they have a very strong team. Definitely we need to have our eyes open to everybody."