BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW F20 intermittent Sound after hard Bump please HELP!!!

07-17-2019, 02:23 AM   #1
shamzyshamz
Registered
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 125i Auto 2012

Unhappy BMW F20 intermittent Sound after hard Bump please HELP!!!

so i was driving last week when i went over a very hard bump on the highway,
the radio cut out, and all other noise, no chimes, warnings,when i removed my seat belt nothing.
All the warning icons showed also the radio was on, but it never allow me to choose the radio station, no tick showed when clicking on it.

later in the afternoon when i let my car rest for like 1 hour i started her up again and all sound came back after a few seconds, drove the car for 40 minutes with sound, parked her and she was off for like 30 mins and got back and no sound again.

the cars sound has been off every morning when i drive to work but in the afternoon when i fiddle with power switch but don't start her up the sound comes back, doesn't work in the mornings sadly.

what could be the issue? or is my car just angry with me cause i never avoid the bump in time?

symptoms of note when no sound:
No Chimes,
No warning sounds
Radio stations show but cannot be chosen(no tick next to station)

please help, the silence is driving me mad.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
zeocool
Rep
Drives: bmw f21

Garage List
2013 bmw 118d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamzyshamz View Post
so i was driving last week when i went over a very hard bump on the highway,
the radio cut out, and all other noise, no chimes, warnings,when i removed my seat belt nothing.
All the warning icons showed also the radio was on, but it never allow me to choose the radio station, no tick showed when clicking on it.

later in the afternoon when i let my car rest for like 1 hour i started her up again and all sound came back after a few seconds, drove the car for 40 minutes with sound, parked her and she was off for like 30 mins and got back and no sound again.

the cars sound has been off every morning when i drive to work but in the afternoon when i fiddle with power switch but don't start her up the sound comes back, doesn't work in the mornings sadly.

what could be the issue? or is my car just angry with me cause i never avoid the bump in time?

symptoms of note when no sound:
No Chimes,
No warning sounds
Radio stations show but cannot be chosen(no tick next to station)

please help, the silence is driving me mad.
First thing I would do is pull the stereo out and check all the connections. If you've got an amp in the back check that, and depending on the age of the car, check the combox next to the battery in the boot. Maybe you've got a loose connection. If you've tried all that then I'm out of ideas and hopefully someone else knowledgeable will be able to help
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 02:14 PM   #3
AlkanNavigator
Warranty Advisor
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F20 116i Sport Line N13

Garage List
Please let me explain what's on my mind.

I don't think there are any problems with cables or connections at the head unit.

If this were the case, you could never hear sound or command the head unit.

First of all, the first thing you should try is to reset the head unit. To do this, press and hold the volume up and down button for 15 seconds. This will reset the iDrive itself (reboot).

If your problem is not solved after trying this, you may need to visit the service for head unit control.
Appreciate 0