BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > f20 125i OBDII BT Scanner and torque pro android app

04-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
tkburn
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F20 125i Msport

f20 125i OBDII BT Scanner and torque pro android app

My OBD2 BT scanner with android torque pro software arrived yesterday and I did some HP runs
results are as follows:

HP measured at wheels 188hp / 138kw
at crank : 225hp/ 165kw

ran it on my buddies new st250

and he is also making spot on factory figures around 214hp at the wheels.

Have any of you guys used the torque pro software and if so what do you use
as the vehicle weight ?, I just used the DMV weight at 1310kg plus driver but am not sire if this will give me accurate HP readings
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
Bradbury
Vroooooom!
Norway
Rep
Drives: F20 120d

Garage List
How did you arrive at the crank-figures? Is it calculated by the app?

I just received an OBD2-adapter myself, but I haven't tested out HP yet. I'm a bit skeptical to the measured speed, as it is usually pretty much identical to what it says on the speedo. It should be a fair bit lower...

The only test I've done so far, is acceleration from 80 to 120 km/h. A manual 120d in 4th should do this in 5,7 seconds. I have an auto 120d with 'power reduction' (120 kw as opposed to 135 kw), and I did it with kickdown in 5,9s with a full tank of fuel and a passenger. If the figure is correct, then I'm more than happy.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
tkburn
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F20 125i Msport

for Crank figures calculator use this http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php

Weve managed consistent results in line with the manufacturers claims so I reckon your figures should be accurate as well , the HP values rely heavily on you configuring the correct weight in the profile though , but i guess every car is gonna be different with options etc probably need to get it on a weighbridge.

As for the speedo the app allows GPS and speedo measurement and those seem to match up closely.
Appreciate 0