BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Injector bubbling, HELP😁

03-18-2024, 05:55 PM   #1
Luke2000
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Hi everyone,
First post so apologies if I don’t follow any formatting guidelines here. I would really appreciate any help on an issue I’m having with my 1 series.

EGR Recently failed on the car after trying to recycle it(Cleaned and “serviced”) after a week it just failed. Replaced the part with an OEM and upon inspection found sh*t loads of soot. I deep cleaned the inlet manifold, charge pipe & effected areas throughly. Gaskets was in good condition so I didn’t replace them and I sent the injectors of to get cleaned as I was worried the soot had passed through. Also replaced all the glow plugs as one had failed.

Got a phone call a couple of days later saying injector 4 had a fault and was not able to be repaired. Garage/machinist told me he could get a replacement which was an OEM for £140. Long story short paid £250 for the injectors cleaning and the new injector.

Mechanic reckoned it wasn’t an issue coding and could be left. I obviously explained I’d rather get it coded into the ECU but I don’t have the equipment. Any how he gave me 3 new copper washers with the injectors and the replacement injector already had one from the manafacturer.

Fit the injectors and cleaned the ports, greased the injectors out new washers in E.T.C. 4Th injectors just bubbling diesel if through the injector port(beaneath itself). Tried cleaning the ports again and the injectors, washers and it’s just bubbling really badly. So bad the cars basically undrivable unless I want to blast my engine.

I can’t understand what the issue is, could anybody help me here please, I’d be really grateful.

Main issues I could think of is coding the injector or possibly bleeding the fuel system if any air has trapped in. Maybe replace all the washers with the exact same size but surely these wouldn’t cause such problems.

Sorry for the long explanation I just want to give as much information as possible. Thank you for any help
Luke ATB

Car is a 2013 2.0 D 116D M Sport(n47n)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 07:15 AM   #2
Luke2000
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Bump
Appreciate 0