BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Jeff's One-Off M140. No Expense spared!

02-04-2020, 07:34 AM   #1
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M240i, F87 M2, E36

Jeff's One-Off M140. No Expense spared!

Given that BMW has no significant history of hot hatches, it was very surprising when BMW announced the new M135i back in 2013. BMWs previous outing in the 130i was a softer approach, but this time the brief was much clearer. An M Performance designation meant it had a certain level of pedigree to live up to. It quickly took the crown for the most capable hot hatch on sale.

Later in the F20s life, it received a welcome refresh with updated front and rear lights & bumpers. In doing so, it had looks to match the performance. It also left a lot on the table for the aftermarket scene. At this point, we introduce our friend Jeff.

Jeff has a history of BMW M DNA and is a prolific modder. Having already bought AUTOID parts for his previous two M Cars (F87 M2 & F80 M3), that trend was not going to end with the M140i.

Before Jeff set to work on aesthetics, he had already acquired a huge list of performance mods. I hope you’re sitting down…

PERFORMANCE SPEC LIST
  • Eventuri Carbon Fibre Intake
  • Akraprovic High-flow Downpipe
  • Evolution Line Full Exhaust
  • Bootmod3 Stage 1
  • KW DDC Coilovers
  • Ground Control Camber Plates
  • MRGRaceCo Titanium Wheel Studs
  • Ultra Racing Strut Brace
  • BMW underbody V-brace
  • M Performance F30 340i front BBK

If it wasn’t already obvious, Jeff doesn’t do things half-heartedly. The relatively under-engineered stock chassis has been dramatically improved. Now it was time to provide some bark with the bite.
Quote:

“I’ve got a carbon fibre addiction so I moved onto aesthetic mods second. AUTOID Sent me a huge package with various carbon fibre parts for my car.”
Jeff

When Jeff says he’s got a carbon fibre addiction, his not kidding. Just one look at the spec list and you’ll begin to understand, the car is covered in the stuff. Up front you’ll find AUTOID Carbon Fibre Kidney Grilles, Front Canards and Front Splitter. The custom “Icon” headlights built at great expense by OSS Designs also feature carbon fibre brows with Phoenix Yellow pinstriping - to match the custom brakes, obviously.

In addition to this, Jeff has included the new AUTOID TRE Dry Carbon Fibre Performance Mirror Units. These are a really special bit of kit. Rather the usual mirror covers, they are a 6 piece kit that replace the whole unit. Highly recommended for anyone that wants the Performance look with an OEM level of integration.

The rear of the vehicle has not been ignored. In fact, it could be the party piece. The boot lid has been paired with a stunning one-piece carbon fibre spoiler built by 3D Design. Then the original plastic rear diffuser has been replaced with the AUTOID Carbon Fibre Performance Rear Diffuser. Together they transform the back of the car to match the level of performance on tap.

AESTHETIC SPEC LIST

What do you think of the Jeff’s M140i?
Appreciate 1
Vervain397.50
      02-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

I like the wheels. I don't like the blacked out look so much, as it makes it difficult to see the features of the car. I think a brighter color would give the modifications more justice. Or maybe have some of the details (like the kidneys) in the same color as the wheels.

As for BMWs tradition of hot hatches, the M135i fits in nicely after cars like the E36 323ti, and the E46 325ti.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:41 AM   #3
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

Boss ride mate can i ask a random question, what is the model code of the ultra race strut bar i need the 5 bolt one for my 140i like yours but they have sent me a 3 bolt now twice

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0