BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 2012 F20 Mirror not folding manually or Electrically

12-03-2021, 07:09 AM   #1
jps18
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118i

2012 F20 Mirror not folding manually or Electrically

Good day,
I recently purchased a 2012 Urban line F20 and i have been trying to figure out on how to fold the side view mirrors.

There is no button to fold it electrically, I tried to close it manually but its very hard, i am afraid that it might break if i push it too hard.

I also tried holding the close button for 3-5 secs and nothing happens.

Sorry it may be a dumb question but Please advise.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 02:27 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Hello.

Don't worry, you won't break them if you apply the effort (strictly!) horizontally. Either direction (backward or forward). It obviously shouldn't be easy to fold them as you don't want your mirrors to flap on the go at high speed.

I've never folded mine myself, just found one folded out by some pedestrian to preen, touched/hit the side of a narrow doorway exiting a parking and had a car wash worker do it for some fine detailing.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 03:53 AM   #3
jps18
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Hello.

Don't worry, you won't break them if you apply the effort (strictly!) horizontally. Either direction (backward or forward). It obviously shouldn't be easy to fold them as you don't want your mirrors to flap on the go at high speed.
Thank you very much for replying. I will try
Appreciate 0