BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Help Angel Eyes to blink with turn signal

12-27-2018, 04:22 AM   #1
BryF20
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Help Angel Eyes to blink with turn signal

Hello everyone,

I encounter a problem with my angel eyes. These flash when I put a blinker. These are not original BMW but brand DEPO. Do I miss a cable? They only flash in daytime running lights. When I put the low beam, they do not blink. The angel eyes do not stay with reduced brightness when I put a flasher. I had wondered if there was a possibility of perhaps fixing this problem via the expert mode of bimmercode?

Thank you all

BMW F20 2011 2.0 116D
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Hello,

They say it's a "bad coding" issue: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2#post22381402.

I can confirm they should reduce brightness (only in daytime mode and in the same headlight only) when the turn signal is on (I spotted this reflected on clean rear ends of the cars ahead ).
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
BryF20
Rep

Thank you for your answer, suddenly, it would be the solution?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #4
No one
Major
Rep

I don't know the exact solution: my Xenons are factory ones. But I suggest you can search around for coding posts, search the Internet for (remote) coders to solve it for you, PM that very person I referenced for more details or find a blinking admirer to swap the cars with. It might also work to ask those who sold (installed?) the headlights for further assistance.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #5
BryF20
Rep

I bought the car with these lighthouses there. It would be really cool if someone gives me the path to follow in the expert mode of bimmercode for example. Regarding the attenuation of angel eyes when I put the flasher. I had read that somewhere but I did not understand.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 12:38 PM   #6
BryF20
Rep

By simulating the desire to change the power of angel eyes on the light of day, I come across this. Could putting another value solve the problem? I dare not change too much without having opinions.
http://www.noelshack.com/2018-52-5-1...bimmercode.jpg
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #7
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryF20 View Post
By simulating the desire to change the power of angel eyes on the light of day, I come across this. Could putting another value solve the problem? I dare not change too much without having opinions.
http://www.noelshack.com/2018-52-5-1...bimmercode.jpg
Looks unlikely: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/1a...058756bdf9.jpg.

So they say it's "Plug & Play". That should mean they deceive the car. That should mean your issue comes from a faulty design. Say, do you have the halogen headlights switch (with beam height adjuster)? Does it work to adjust the beam throw? If "yes" and "no" than you have another serious design fault (no automatic adjustment retrofitted I suppose).

Increasing voltage above the operational value is a bad idea obviously: you should burn them by that rather sooner than later. Changing voltage should imply changing the equipment to conform, I reckon.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 11:58 PM   #8
BryF20
Rep

Thanks for your return. Yes I always have the wheel to adjust the height of the headlights as if I still have halogen headlights. But the wheel does not work and my headlights angel eyes have automatic height adjustment. (Except that I think it's pure decorative)
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 12:53 PM   #9
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryF20 View Post
my headlights angel eyes have automatic height adjustment. (Except that I think it's pure decorative)
This is unbelievable. Taking seriously, it's very good and very unexpected if you do have automatic light beam adjustment. They didn't depict (or mention - I didn't watch it thoroughly) it in the video.

And yet, what I mean is: if the "multi-technology" (Xenon, LED, Halogen) headlights are "presented" to the car as pure halogen ("plug & play" - no coding) then you can't "directly" code them as Xenon - this should interfere with their built in "conformity" to halogen settings. If the headlights are(/were?) "true" Xenon to the car (no internal conversion "cheating"), then the correct way to go should be coding the car to recognize them as such (provided the coding parameters are available at all) rather than fighting dimming. There are threads mentioning the coding parameters and usage suggestions on F30 forums - should be applicable, perhaps.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #10
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
If the headlights are(/were?) "true" Xenon to the car (no internal conversion "cheating"), then the correct way to go should be coding the car to recognize them as such (provided the coding parameters are available at all) rather than fighting dimming. There are threads mentioning the coding parameters and usage suggestions on F30 forums - should be applicable, perhaps.
By the way, the subject of retrofitting OEM Xenon into F20/21 was very hot for quite awhile. The result is negative, AFAIK: many tried, only a few (if any at all) succeeded(?) without discovering details. I don't know what the obstacle(s) was/were but this can very well suggest coding won't work here (installing third-party Xenon as Halogen can be the only solution).
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 03:07 AM   #11
BryF20
Rep

Okay it does not matter I would stay like this
Appreciate 0