BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Fault Head Unit Replacement

04-15-2019, 03:11 PM   #1
MA25z
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F20

Fault Head Unit Replacement

Hi there I have a 2014 BMW F20. My original head unit was a basic media unit 9365837 and I replaced it with a 9381305 (slightly newer like for like part) from a used car as my original unit had died on me.

When I initially fitted the unit, the majority of the features were working fine, however they later all became de-activated and now only the radio works and the idrive controller. Steering wheel controls, volume know are also both not working. It also appears that there is no link between my head unit and the rest of the car's computer.

Can anyone provide any help for this?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E39 520i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA25z View Post
Hi there I have a 2014 BMW F20. My original head unit was a basic media unit 9365837 and I replaced it with a 9381305 (slightly newer like for like part) from a used car as my original unit had died on me.

When I initially fitted the unit, the majority of the features were working fine, however they later all became de-activated and now only the radio works and the idrive controller. Steering wheel controls, volume know are also both not working. It also appears that there is no link between my head unit and the rest of the car's computer.

Can anyone provide any help for this?
have you try to code the new HU to match your car's VO?

T