BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > M140i Finale (farewell) edition. The end is near.

02-12-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

M140i Finale (farewell) edition. The end is near.

Hi all guys....I found this article about the final edition for the Aussie market (that means that the production for all the rest of the world, is not far....)...and sadly...I would like to share it with you. For sure...my 2016 M140i will stay in my garage in the near future.

Somebody told me that the EOP for the F20/21 is at the end of june '19.

More than one person that markets particular/rare cars told me that there will be probably a significant request of the "m perf" 1 series in the future, so for those who own it, it could be possibile (for the M135 and M140) not to have the common high devaluation of other bmw's, or maybe, have a particular "own" used aficionados market, taht could maintain certain prices. What do you think?

Happy reading:

Let's pour one out for the tail-happy, big-engined compact Bimmer.
As the sun is about to set on the current-generation 1 Series, it means BMW is on the verge of axing the rear-wheel-drive compact hatchback and its six-cylinder engine. To mark the end of the road for what is a unique offering in the segment, the company’s Australian division is sending off the M140i with a Finale Edition. Purists won’t be happy to hear the special version of the hot hatch comes exclusively with an eight-speed automatic transmission, so the six-speed manual is not on offer.

In an interview with GoAuto, BMW Australia through its chief executive officer, Vikram Pawah, confirmed the limited-run model serves as the last hurrah for the sportiest new 1 Series money can buy: “To celebrate the last six-cylinder, rear-wheel-drive 1 Series hot hatch, we are excited to present customers with the BMW M140i Finale Edition.”

2019 BMW M140i Finale Edition 7 Photos
Available for an extra $3,000 (Australian dollars) over the regular M140i, the new Finale Edition costs $62,990 and benefits from an assortment of cosmetic tweaks. Customers get goodies such as black-chrome exhaust tips, blacked-out kidney grille, and one of the three available designs for the 18-inch alloys. As standard, the RWD 1 Series’ swan song features wireless smartphone charging, LED headlights, sunroof, adaptive M suspension, keyless entry and start, along with M Sport brakes with blue calipers. BMW also throws in leather upholstery, an 8.8-inch infotainment system, a Harman Kardon sound system, and front and rear parking sensors to make it worth your while.

Regardless of how many features it has, the BMW M140i Finale Edition’s selling point is undoubtedly the rear-wheel-drive layout with a turbocharged six-cylinder 3.0-liter engine. It produces 335 horsepower (250 kilowatts) and 500 Newton-meters (368 pound-feet) of torque, which is good for a 0-62 mph (0-100 kph) run in 4.6 seconds and an electronically governed top speed of 155 mph (250 kph).

If you don’t mind the FWD setup and only four-cylinder engines, the all-new BMW 1 Series is probably due later this year. The hottest version of the bunch is expected to inherit the 300-horsepower four-pot from the X2 M35i and will come with xDrive.

Source: BMW via GoAuto
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 09:39 AM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Only four cylinder engines in the new one?? Does that mean that the 3 cylinder B38 is on its way out?

How about the normal M140i without the cosmetic downgrades, can you still get that with a clutch pedal?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
Weiman
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i M-Sport -14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Only four cylinder engines in the new one?? Does that mean that the 3 cylinder B38 is on its way out?
I assume they mean "only" as in "no bigger than".

Quote:
How about the normal M140i without the cosmetic downgrades, can you still get that with a clutch pedal?
The manual M140i was phased out last summer already.
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...or-summer-2018
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 11:10 AM   #4
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiman View Post
The manual M140i was phased out last summer already.
That should bring up the second hand value of every manual LCI M140i. It will be a classic. The last car with the traditional BMW recipe, unless you are purist enough to demand a naturally aspirated six.
Appreciate 0