BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Firearms

05-27-2019, 06:44 AM   #3389
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_X View Post
I remember quilifying in M14... never had a rifle walk up so much in my carrer.
Fired a SCAR 17 (7.62) full auto so that was interesting to keep down too.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #3390
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Like individual personal security, persons of special interest, e.g.

Ok, but again, how does your country differ that much from mine? We don't have any "right" to arms, so if you want one to go hunting with or target practice, you have to go get a license. And there are many firearms that are prohibited (which means unless you somehow have a prohibited license which is almost never, and even if you did, you could never take those firearms anywhere and shoot them anyways, you can't acquire them).

And if you want a restricted firearm, like any type of pistol, you have to go get a second license and there are some very stiff restrictions (can't carry, can't take it anywhere except for a range, can't take it with you hunting, basically can't take it anywhere except a range or a gunsmith to get fixed).

Everyone has to have a license if you want any firearm. And comply with all the transportation rules, and safe storage rules.

And despite all that, numbnuts Liberals are apparently eyeing the idea of just making all handguns illegal.
Appreciate 3
Dang3r12503.00
xander_g955.00
      05-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #3391
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Like individual personal security, persons of special interest, e.g.

You know what, meanwhile we aren't allowed just to carry foldable sticks or just hand knuckles into our cars. They're treated like weapons and if you got caught with them...well, good luck.
I understand your argument to protect your home against burglars and in times where a human live wouldn't matter even for a fistful cents...
But this discussion would go too far at the end and won't legalize guns into your private hands. If everybodys' be able to carry and use one, thats anarchy.
What do you mean with a well known history? We had the RAF into the 70ths and a few weirdos until now but I wouldn't rate this as representative for my whole country.
I agree to your statement about WWII, that was just my point of history turn to a more peaceful time. Ok, thats also obsolete today but was a milestone after years of war violence and human cruelty against each other.
By well know history I was referring to the Nazi years where many thousands of German citizens were dragged out of their homes, lost everything they owned and sent to the camps where most lost literally everything. They were the proverbial sheep who couldn’t defend themselves. To paraphrase, If people don’t remember history they repeat it.

I hear what you’re saying but.... Similar events have occurred numerous times since the 30’s-40’s Germany. Terrible govts going against the populace are really a bigger threat then are burglars at least as far as mass murder is concerned. Man will always find ways to kill man, there’s no changing that, ever. Peace is always the calm between the storms, we all wish that it lasts as long as possible but it’s violence is always looming and comes on to often. Evil is always with us, civilian and political. IMO.

Germany is a beautiful country and I enjoyed immensely my time in Kiel when my ship was there for Kiel Week back in the 80’s. My wife and I are planning a trip for Bavaria in the near future. Prost
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 05-27-2019 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12503.00
      05-27-2019, 03:13 PM   #3392
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
CompM5? How do you like it? Thought many times about getting it for my 300blk
      05-27-2019, 11:53 PM   #3393
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Ok, but again, how does your country differ that much from mine?
Thank you for the heads up, dude, to be honest I didn't know how strict the canadian weapon rulez are, before explanation I thought they were limp as into the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
By well know history I was referring to the Nazi years where many thousands of German citizens were dragged out of their homes, lost everything they owned and sent to the camps where most lost literally everything. They were the proverbial sheep who couldn’t defend themselves. To paraphrase, If people don’t remember history they repeat it.

I hear what you’re saying but.... Similar events have occurred numerous times since the 30’s-40’s Germany. Terrible govts going against the populace are really a bigger threat then are burglars at least as far as mass murder is concerned. Man will always find ways to kill man, there’s no changing that, ever. Peace is always the calm between the storms, we all wish that it lasts as long as possible but it’s violence is always looming and comes on to often. Evil is always with us, civilian and political. IMO.

Germany is a beautiful country and I enjoyed immensely my time in Kiel when my ship was there for Kiel Week back in the 80’s. My wife and I are planning a trip for Bavaria in the near future. Prost
Oh c'mon, really that Nazi killer argument? If someone ran outta theses at least my country is blamed for the cruelty within this dark period. But: I dont feel responsible for this and I refuse to take the shame and other things just because Im a German. Its always necessary to remember the way which has led us to that govt but I dont share the public opinion that we have to be remembered year-by-year-by...you name it. Everybody knows about our history and imo its not necessary to point us to it at every possible moment.
But this go way too far and its also the wrong thread to talk about this.

My old wing was based near Kiel and I was visiting the Iowa during her visit at the Kiel week, that was quite impressing. Chime in when you're here into down south and you need any assistance

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2706.00
      05-28-2019, 05:03 AM   #3394
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the heads up, dude, to be honest I didn't know how strict the canadian weapon rulez are, before explanation I thought they were limp as into the US.

Oh c'mon, really that Nazi killer argument? If someone ran outta theses at least my country is blamed for the cruelty within this dark period. But: I dont feel responsible for this and I refuse to take the shame and other things just because Im a German. Its always necessary to remember the way which has led us to that govt but I dont share the public opinion that we have to be remembered year-by-year-by...you name it. Everybody knows about our history and imo its not necessary to point us to it at every possible moment.
But this go way too far and its also the wrong thread to talk about this.

My old wing was based near Kiel and I was visiting the Iowa during her visit at the Kiel week, that was quite impressing. Chime in when you're here into down south and you need any assistance
You’re the one who who said, other countries have strict gun control laws, like mine, so what?
You brought politics into this and I answered your question with a valid answer to which why citizens should not bow to gun control.Germany is the biggest and best evidence of this in the modern era and since you mentioned ‘my country and WWII’ and you opened the door wide for my response. I have German blood running through me so I know what you mean. It’s akin to blaming all white Americans today or even back then for the sins of slavery over a century ago. My family was from NY, didn’t own slaves, didn’t endorse slavery and my Great, great grandfather fought to free slaves.
I’m not trying to make your generation responsible either, not in the slightest.

I’m embarrassed by my countries history on the subject but I don’t mind people discussing it, it’s history good or bad and is important to talk about.

The Iowa class BB’s are awesome beasts. I had the pleasure when on my ship of conducting joint gunnery exercises with the USS New Jersey in Puerto Rico in the 8o’s. I wish they would activate at least one of them, they’re awesome vessels and good for public relations and are just plain bad ass.
Thanks for the offer of us visiting your country, I appreciate it and will keep this in mind when we do head there.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 05-28-2019 at 06:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12503.00
      05-28-2019, 10:19 AM   #3395
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Right, to slow this finally more down, I wouldn't offend you and/or your country nor your opinion, don't get me wrong, k?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2706.00
      05-28-2019, 11:55 AM   #3396
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Ok, but again, how does your country differ that much from mine? We don't have any "right" to arms, so if you want one to go hunting with or target practice, you have to go get a license. And there are many firearms that are prohibited (which means unless you somehow have a prohibited license which is almost never, and even if you did, you could never take those firearms anywhere and shoot them anyways, you can't acquire them).

And if you want a restricted firearm, like any type of pistol, you have to go get a second license and there are some very stiff restrictions (can't carry, can't take it anywhere except for a range, can't take it with you hunting, basically can't take it anywhere except a range or a gunsmith to get fixed).

Everyone has to have a license if you want any firearm. And comply with all the transportation rules, and safe storage rules.

And despite all that, numbnuts Liberals are apparently eyeing the idea of just making all handguns illegal.
Though in the USA we have the right to bear arms in our Constitution, it varies from state to state (or even city to city), they can (or try to) enact laws to ban certain things. Seems like a constant battle between gun control advocates (typically leftist/liberals) and freedom of arms advocates. Places like NYC and California have really awful anti gun laws. Some other states are trying to implement more gun laws, such as Washington state.

Things like hunting, depending on the state and animal, we may need a permit or animal tag to be allowed to legally shoot it. Also there are seasons where they regulate the use of firearms vs bows.
Target shooting is dependent on location and local gov't regulations. I know in Washington we can shoot on federal forests and some state forest locations. Because of stupid illresponsible shooters bring their broken down junk to shoot, some places have started being set to be off limits.

Type of firearms, we can get most types, but all are semi auto. Civilians are not allowed to own any machine gun built after 1982 (if I remember my dates correctly). FFL (Federal Firearm License) dealers can get them after those dates, but depending on the MG's build date and type of FFL license, they may need law enforcement or military letters stating they need firearms built after 1986 for demos. Of course ownership of MGs is dependent on the state laws. Note I had mention 1982 and 1986.. those are important because between 1982 and 1986 there was a loophole to get machine guns without the government demo letter requirement. They are typically called "pre-may" machine guns. Posties are after May 1986, when the loophole got closed up.

Depending on the location, you can get SBR (short barrel rifles, barrel length under 16"), suppressors, etc.. but they all require a $200 "tax stamp" to pay the government to own.. and wait 6-12 months for approval of ownership. It think this is stupid, but it's the law.

Note that my info may not be perfectly correct, but you can get the gist of things.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #3397
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
It’s actually a marlin. 1894 in 357 magnum, super fun.
I have a slicked up Uberti 1873 rifle in .45 Colt, and its great fun.
      05-29-2019, 04:41 PM   #3398
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Going to try and get to the range one day this weekend. Want to run a hundred or so rounds through my newish Colt Series 70 1911A1. I’ll take one of my M1 carbines to complete my personal WWII Memorial tribute.
A few of us did that last weekend here in UK, and I took along my Lee-Enfield No.5 and my JP Sauer & Sohn K98, to go along with the SMLE and Lee-Enfield No.4 that 2 friends brought along.
      05-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #3399
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Very nice, Lee Enfield is on my short list.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 10:20 PM   #3400
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
I have a slicked up Uberti 1873 rifle in .45 Colt, and its great fun.
Those are super smooth! The cowboys choice in SASS. Dug my Rossi Ranch Hand out the other day, almost forgot about it!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 07:50 PM   #3401
MR_X
Old guy
Rep
Drives: tricycle

My son having some fun with the old Sig 556.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
King Rudi13147.00
NickyC17238.00
      06-03-2019, 11:14 PM   #3402
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Still my all time favorite gun I own.

06-10-2019, 03:48 PM   #3403
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Stupid purchase of the week, but I've always wanted one. My bullpup family is now complete (along with FS2000 and Tavor). I sure didn't need this, but the deal on it was out of this world so I had to take it. The only bummer is it doesn't accept the old waffle style magazines, but does take PMAGs etc. Will try it out this weekend. Steyr AUG A3/M1 of course.

Included pics of its family members as well just for fun. I'll soon know which one I like best!

Appreciate 5
Dang3r12503.00
340ix1743.00
      06-10-2019, 03:54 PM   #3404
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Me liky AUGs.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17238.00
      06-10-2019, 04:45 PM   #3405
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
A few of us did that last weekend here in UK, and I took along my Lee-Enfield No.5 and my JP Sauer & Sohn K98, to go along with the SMLE and Lee-Enfield No.4 that 2 friends brought along.
What are UK gun laws like?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #3406
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Quick stop at the range to test some loads.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 05:49 PM   #3407
MR_X
Old guy
Rep

Oh and speaking of bullpups. Got this this weekend. Needs a better scope though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
NickyC17238.00
      06-11-2019, 02:31 AM   #3408
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

I like the AUG, very precisely one. The Tavor fits me better and is better to mod if you like some personal items additionally.

Appreciate 1
NickyC17238.00
      06-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #3409
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
What are UK gun laws like?
Very restrictive.
Semi-auto centre-fire rifles were banned back in 1988, after the Hungerford shooting, and handguns were banned in 1997 after the Dunblane shooting.
So, we’re pretty much restricted to shotguns (must not have barrel length under 24”) and centre-fire bolt action and straight-pull rifles, plus semi-auto rim fire rifles are allowed, plus black powder stuff of course.
You have to show good reason to obtain a license from the police which can be land owner for animal pest control etc., or be a member of an approved target shooting club for anything not in the hunting/pest control category, such as old mil surps rifles etc. And its not easy to join an approved club either, and can take about 12 months to go through the club and police licence process before being allowed to purchase a firearm.
      06-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #3410
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Very restrictive.
Semi-auto centre-fire rifles were banned back in 1988, after the Hungerford shooting, and handguns were banned in 1997 after the Dunblane shooting.
So, we’re pretty much restricted to shotguns (must not have barrel length under 24”) and centre-fire bolt action and straight-pull rifles, plus semi-auto rim fire rifles are allowed, plus black powder stuff of course.
You have to show good reason to obtain a license from the police which can be land owner for animal pest control etc., or be a member of an approved target shooting club for anything not in the hunting/pest control category, such as old mil surps rifles etc. And its not easy to join an approved club either, and can take about 12 months to go through the club and police licence process before being allowed to purchase a firearm.
I think Fast Furious 6 mentions handguns being illegal in the UK. Then they proceeded to go to a pawnshop to get information because the pawnshop sells handguns......like what? lol
Appreciate 1