BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Things that annoy you at the gym

05-17-2019, 12:58 PM   #2399
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

My little brother is going under the knife on Monday to have his Gynecomastia removed.. he's only 23 and takes way too much shit.. say a bro' prayer for him and his moobs.

He was stacking epi/tren without the proper support apparently but on top of that, he takes way too many supplements. I think these days with social media and every meat head on the planet having their own supplement line, these youngsters think they need to take stuff to stay up with it all. I've always promoted a healthy diet, a good nights rest and maybe a little protein and an occasion cycle of creatine that's it. But he thinks I don't know anything, kids.. what are you gonna do....
      05-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #2400
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Oh heck....If MKsixer was in this thread, we would see a bunch of Prancersize videos being posted.
I have yet to watch this video. although it did generate quite a buzz. Will i be scarred for life?

EDIT: Can I have my time back NOW!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5137.00
      05-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #2401
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
My little brother is going under the knife on Monday to have his Gynecomastia removed.. he's only 23 and takes way too much shit.. say a bro' prayer for him and his moobs.

He was stacking epi/tren without the proper support apparently but on top of that, he takes way too many supplements. I think these days with social media and every meat head on the planet having their own supplement line, these youngsters think they need to take stuff to stay up with it all. I've always promoted a healthy diet, a good nights rest and maybe a little protein and an occasion cycle of creatine that's it. But he thinks I don't know anything, kids.. what are you gonna do....
damn man all the best to him.

its sickening all the misinformation and unrealistic goals society sets for us.

nothing can band-aid a bad diet....but genetics do play in factors. I've been ripped AF had abs whatever, but could never really get stronger in certain compound movement. My hips are always stupid tight and honestly could just be the way my femur attaches into my pelvis....can't change that. have to be happy with whatever the fruits of your labor bring I guess. Easy to say. hard to follow.
Appreciate 2
SAMM3Y3085.00
Rmtt8206.00
      05-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #2402
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Oh heck....If MKsixer was in this thread, we would see a bunch of Prancersize videos being posted.
I have yet to watch this video. although it did generate quite a buzz. Will i be scarred for life?

EDIT: Can I have my time back NOW!!!!!!!!!
Can never be unseen
      05-17-2019, 11:23 PM   #2403
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post

He should be fine, just needs to give it time to heal. You need to have a sit down with him and voice your concerns. The pressures that generation are subjected to from superficial social media are beyond insane. The day he becomes more aware of what being fit is compared to having beachmuscles is the day he will really start growing. Good luck Sam
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      05-18-2019, 06:51 AM   #2404
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
He should be fine, just needs to give it time to heal. You need to have a sit down with him and voice your concerns. The pressures that generation are subjected to from superficial social media are beyond insane. The day he becomes more aware of what being fit is compared to having beachmuscles is the day he will really start growing. Good luck Sam

Agreed. Relatively easy surgery, but no one wants surgery of any kind. Good luck to him!

What pisses me off are the supplements that are legally sold that are just a slightly different structure than a real steroid. They finally get banned, but the manufacturer just has to make a slight change or even just methylate part of it and they are legal to sell again for a short while.

Meanwhile, these things have the same sides as the real thing or even worse. And the GNC guys selling this stuff have no clue the damage it does to the liver, kidneys, etc.

Hopefully he listens to you. I have a lot of friends in the industry, and Tren is one of the harshest things you could use. I know a guy who developed gyno from it. He was like how could it happen....I was using an Aromatizing Inhibitor? I was thinking if you play with fire, you better know what you're doing. Tren increases prolactin and an AI won't touch that.

I would also tell you to suggest to your brother to have a lipids profile done as Tren and Epi can wreck havoc on that as well.

I know how it is when young, but there comes a time when you have to pay for the past and in this pastime....I value longevity as you see way too many guys losing their health!
      05-18-2019, 07:10 AM   #2405
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
damn man all the best to him.

its sickening all the misinformation and unrealistic goals society sets for us.

nothing can band-aid a bad diet....but genetics do play in factors. I've been ripped AF had abs whatever, but could never really get stronger in certain compound movement. My hips are always stupid tight and honestly could just be the way my femur attaches into my pelvis....can't change that. have to be happy with whatever the fruits of your labor bring I guess. Easy to say. hard to follow.
Genetics are a huge factor. I have always thought I had pretty good genetics. People still ask me if I compete. I've been between 6%-7% at around 200-205 lbs....and being short it gave the illusion of me being bigger than I really am.

Then I met my training partner and got to see just what "top tier" genetics looked like. Someone my height who is just as lean....and carrying 25lbs more muscle than me.

Now I'm all about being fit and healthy. So when I get that low in bodyfat....I am usually in the low 180lb range.

Carrying a lot of weight whether it be fat or muscle is still a strain on the heart.
      05-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #2406
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

hate when this happens and people start screaming.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...wda-story.html
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #2407
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Social Butterfly! can't stand them. this one guy makes it a point to talk to every chick in the gym. it's clear some of the girls don't mind but when he sits there and talks their ear off and clearly they wanna walk away but they don't I can't but laugh sometimes
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #2408
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Social Butterfly! can't stand them. this one guy makes it a point to talk to every chick in the gym. it's clear some of the girls don't mind but when he sits there and talks their ear off and clearly they wanna walk away but they don't I can't but laugh sometimes
There is a guy at the gym, who is a nice enough guy, but he hangs out in front of the gym before and after every workout and tries to start up conversations with every girl walking in and out of the place. It's hilarious! I've talked to him many times because I'm a smoker, I don't smoke in my car and sadly I always want a cigarette after I workout and he's there damn near every time I leave. Some of the looks on the girls faces when he strikes up conversation are priceless. The hotties either ignore him or look at him like he's an idiot and keep walking. The not so-hotties will always stop and talk to him. I don't think it's because he stands a chance, but more so that if they are talking to him, they don't actually have to workout. Time at the gym to them is time at the gym regardless if they are actually doing something or not.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      05-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #2409
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
There is a guy at the gym, who is a nice enough guy, but he hangs out in front of the gym before and after every workout and tries to start up conversations with every girl walking in and out of the place. It's hilarious! I've talked to him many times because I'm a smoker, I don't smoke in my car and sadly I always want a cigarette after I workout and he's there damn near every time I leave. Some of the looks on the girls faces when he strikes up conversation are priceless. The hotties either ignore him or look at him like he's an idiot and keep walking. The not so-hotties will always stop and talk to him. I don't think it's because he stands a chance, but more so that if they are talking to him, they don't actually have to workout. Time at the gym to them is time at the gym regardless if they are actually doing something or not.
I think most of those girls are just being nice and not being rude. problem with that is once you allow him to talk to you once he'll make it a point to talk to you all them time. I see this guy do it all the time. sometimes I can see girls avoiding this guy when they see him coming
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-23-2019, 11:36 PM   #2410
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Outside doing weighted lunges around the pool. Vape hit between sets

Vape is Life, yo
      05-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #2411
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Outside doing weighted lunges around the pool. Vape hit between sets

Vape is Life, yo
Didnt picture you as a vape connoisseur. You have skinny jeans and man bun also?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:19 AM   #2412
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Didnt picture you as a vape connoisseur. You have skinny jeans and man bun also?
Bald, and in my 569s today because thighs too big for 501s
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #2413
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Well pre-contest season is in full swing at my gym, so I get to see a lot of strange things going on that typically don't occur any other time during the year.

Pumped up selfies, posing practice between sets, a lot of other crazier stuff....men and women alike.

I just quietly resign myself to a different area of the gym.
      05-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #2414
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Fat gym employees.

It's like a drunk leading an AA meeting.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #2415
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Fat gym employees.

Yes!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 06:41 PM   #2416
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Fat gym employees.

That's insensitive to their thyroid conditions and gluten allergies...

Also drunks do lead AA meetings, they're just several years sober but a relapse is right around the corner.. it's a disease..
      05-26-2019, 06:16 PM   #2417
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Fat gym employees.

Employees are one thing, but when the trainers are hefty that's where it grinds my gears haha. I've touched on this numerous pages back so I'm not going to rant today.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #2418
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

i'm annoyed i'm at work and not at the gym!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 02:56 AM   #2419
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Well pre-contest season is in full swing at my gym, so I get to see a lot of strange things going on that typically don't occur any other time during the year.

Pumped up selfies, posing practice between sets, a lot of other crazier stuff....men and women alike.

I just quietly resign myself to a different area of the gym.
At least you only have to endure it seasonally. That crap happens at my gym year round.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      05-28-2019, 05:01 PM   #2420
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

you're doing it wrong

https://gfycat.com/ElatedVerifiableFirefly
Appreciate 0