BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

05-19-2019, 01:08 AM   #4137
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
i'd rather be celibate than own any form of jeep
I don't believe you.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-19-2019, 01:43 AM   #4138
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Ha nice to see you're still here Tara.

Having watched the Netflix Ted Bundy docu and movie (with Zac Efron) , man he had time on his side(in the most cruel way). What a hyper intelligent 'person' but what a fcuking savage. Jekyll & Hyde stuff.

Interesting stuff.

Never trust a handsome guy in a 70s Beetle.

Girls (and guys) stay safe!

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
bimmette6452.50
      05-19-2019, 08:39 AM   #4139
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
i'd rather be celibate than own any form of jeep

Don't knock it till you try it. In college I had a Wrangler. Nothing like driving topless and doorless with a bunch of hotties in bikinis and a rather stiff suspension.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2019, 09:11 AM   #4140
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Speaking of girls and cars, I parked next to this super clean e46 m3 the other day and as I was coming back out to my car I saw this gorgeous girl in her mid 20’s get in it and drive off.
did you follow her?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 12:34 PM   #4141
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave View Post
Anyone had experience with adult dating sites? A friend of mine met really hot girl on one hook up site recently. They didn't met in person yet but communicate via webcam almost every day. I saw her pics, she's gorgeous!
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
MKSixer34171.50
      05-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #4142
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Anyone had experience with adult dating sites? A friend of mine met really hot girl on one hook up site recently. They didn't met in person yet but communicate via webcam almost every day. I saw her pics, she's gorgeous!
LOL those sites all seem sketchy and FAKE a.f., but hey if he's at least seen her on webcam he know's hes not getting catfished. I'd be wary on first meetup for sure though.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 01:10 PM   #4143
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Quote:
hooker
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-24-2019, 01:19 PM   #4144
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
hooker

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-27-2019, 09:18 PM   #4145
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

I have a good one. But first.... Do we have any widows/widowers in here?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 09:49 PM   #4146
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
There's just one guy dating a widow.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 11:10 AM   #4147
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I can appreciate your consideration of the feelings of others on here, but......drop whatever this story is that I can only consider some soon to be greatness

Appreciate 3
      05-28-2019, 12:43 PM   #4148
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I can appreciate your consideration of the feelings of others on here, but......drop whatever this story is that I can only consider some soon to be greatness

LOL! Its not for the feelings of those here. Its more me looking for advice since I've started dating a widow.

I was also a little drunk last night when I posted that and don't normally put my issues out there for people I don't know. I might come back after work and throw the pieces out there and see if anyone can help me put them together correctly.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #4149
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

a widow/widower needs time. my ex bil's wife died when she was 35. that was 6 years ago. i dont think he started dating again for 4 years after that
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      05-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #4150
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
LOL! Its not for the feelings of those here. Its more me looking for advice since I've started dating a widow.

I was also a little drunk last night when I posted that and don't normally put my issues out there for people I don't know. I might come back after work and throw the pieces out there and see if anyone can help me put them together correctly.
You have come to the right place. I'm sure this will not come to a shock of anyone who has read this thread from beginning to end, but I have some experience with widows. Let's have your query and I will either give you the best or worst advice (sometimes it's both) you've ever had.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      05-28-2019, 12:51 PM   #4151
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
a widow/widower needs time. my ex bil's wife died when she was 35. that was 6 years ago. i dont think he started dating again for 4 years after that
Not always the case. I've seen both sides of the spectrum on this. Really depends on the person and the mental duress they are under. Children born of said marriage play a hand in this as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 06:45 AM   #4152
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep

Sorry. I forgot about this once I got home last night.

Things with her seem to be going really well, but then she starts getting weird and saying typical things like "I'm just worried about timing" and such. She comes across as wanting to date but being very worried that she can't spend enough time with me as a single mother to 2 young teens.

I just keep trying to put her at ease that I'm good with spending whatever time we can find together.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 08:06 AM   #4153
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Things with her seem to be going really well, but then she starts getting weird and saying typical things like "I'm just worried about timing" and such. She comes across as wanting to date but being very worried that she can't spend enough time with me as a single mother to 2 young teens.

I just keep trying to put her at ease that I'm good with spending whatever time we can find together.
Sounds like you actually have yourself a keeper. She's obviously a forward thinker as timing/her time/your time is a consideration and not an afterthought. I would simply let her know, that if you truly feel that, whatever time she can make for you is enough. In the event that she isn't using that as an excuse as not to get tied down then you should be good. Just continue to be considerate, warm, accepting and reassuring. Keep in mind that although you may be (or feel that you are) doing everything right while being patient, this doesn't mean that it will go the way you want. Resilience is key here. If it doesn't turn out the way you want, it doesn't mean that you failed and it doesn't make her a bad person. Funny things those emotions.

How long ago did her significant other pass? How long were they together?

If she's spending any time at all with you it's good sign. Stay your path and keep us informed.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      05-29-2019, 08:22 AM   #4154
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Quote:
Sounds like you actually have yourself a keeper. She's obviously a forward thinker as timing/her time/your time is a consideration and not an afterthought. I would simply let her know, that if you truly feel that, whatever time she can make for you is enough. In the event that she isn't using that as an excuse as not to get tied down then you should be good. Just continue to be considerate, warm, accepting and reassuring. Keep in mind that although you may be (or feel that you are) doing everything right while being patient, this doesn't mean that it will go the way you want. Resilience is key here. If it doesn't turn out the way you want, it doesn't mean that you failed and it doesn't make her a bad person. Funny things those emotions.

How long ago did her significant other pass? How long were they together?

If she's spending any time at all with you it's good sign. Stay your path and keep us informed.
Whoa there "Rudi"...now I know I say that we are all therapists here (with the exception of an Uncle who...well, you know...becomes two words and all). But as with all good therapists, you need to pay a price for therapy.

And Fuzzy here promised us a story as payment. You went and let him have the milk before he bought the cow.

Good comments, no doubt...but Fuzzy - you owe us a story!
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15515.00
King Rudi13147.00
      05-29-2019, 08:27 AM   #4155
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Whoa there "Rudi"...now I know I say that we are all therapists here (with the exception of an Uncle who...well, you know...becomes two words and all). But as with all good therapists, you need to pay a price for therapy.

And Fuzzy here promised us a story as payment. You went and let him have the milk before he bought the cow.

Good comments, no doubt...but Fuzzy - you owe us a story!
Story Shmory! Leave the boy alone and let him enjoy his widow chase-ry!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #4156
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Quote:
Story Shmory! Leave the boy alone and let him enjoy his widow chase-ry!
You understand, of course, that I find the dichotomy of these two statements from the same person to be amusing...right?

My memory is still somewhat sharp me auld son.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #4157
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You understand, of course, that I find the dichotomy of these two statements from the same person to be amusing...right?

My memory is still somewhat sharp me auld son.
Alright fine! Spill it FuzzyPeaches
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 08:48 AM   #4158
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep

OH... I'm afraid there's going to be a little disappointment here. As I said previously, I was a bit under the influence when I made the original post. There's no real "story". More a situation for the collective mind here to mull over and good good, bad, or hilarious advice.
Appreciate 0