BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Adam LZ totals his 992 GT3
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-28-2022, 10:20 PM   #1
AlexFL
Brigadier General
7650
Rep
4,597
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Adam LZ totals his 992 GT3

Not his fault. You can fast forward to 11:00 to see the accident.

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 10:23 PM   #2
Patrick
New Member
Australia
36
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: BMW 1 series 125i
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Oh I watched his YouTube Vid the other day... crazy ey

Could have been a lot worse though
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7650.00
      09-29-2022, 08:02 AM   #3
billnchristy
Major
963
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: 2022 M440xi GC
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm so glad we went to the dragon during the week. I can't figure out what the heck the chick in the truck was doing. I kinda feel like she lost control.

Sad to see something like that get trashed.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 09:03 AM   #4
P1
Lieutenant General
P1's Avatar
10256
Rep
10,672
Posts

Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

To save everyone time from listening to nonsense and drivel, just watch 11.05 until 11.07.

#yourewelcome
Appreciate 11
Caravaggio2745.00
Alfisti5182.50
Wolf 3352209.50
nicholasn115.00
NickyC13509.00
Cos270376.50
EdM52607.50
M3 boi279.00
      09-29-2022, 12:28 PM   #5
Humdizzle
Colonel
4259
Rep
2,777
Posts

Drives: GT3 + M2c
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Yeah no idea what that truck was doing. Probably got distracted or carried too much speed into the turn. Either way 100 percent their fault.

Sucks for Adam. The chance of landing another pts car is years away. And getting the insurance to pay out the actually market value of 100 over sticker + mods is going to be tough.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 12:30 PM   #6
froz3n.m
First Lieutenant
froz3n.m's Avatar
465
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Comp xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Only Ten I See

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
Yeah no idea what that truck was doing. Probably got distracted or carried too much speed into the turn. Either way 100 percent their fault.

Sucks for Adam. The chance of landing another pts car is years away. And getting the insurance to pay out the actually market value of 100 over sticker + mods is going to be tough.
They said in the video they overheard the girl who was driving the truck or in the truck stated that they were attempting to get across the lanes of traffic to the pull out on the other side of the road.

Blind corner though, so bad idea there.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 12:55 PM   #7
M3WC
Colonel
2174
Rep
2,527
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

This kid likes to register a lot of his cars in Montana. Do insurance companies even care about where the car is registered, knowing the car has never seen the state of Montana? This looks like a total loss.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #8
billnchristy
Major
963
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: 2022 M440xi GC
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by froz3n.m View Post
They said in the video they overheard the girl who was driving the truck or in the truck stated that they were attempting to get across the lanes of traffic to the pull out on the other side of the road.

Blind corner though, so bad idea there.
They said that, but the speed and angle they were going, they were going to lose their shit anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 01:12 PM   #9
Humdizzle
Colonel
4259
Rep
2,777
Posts

Drives: GT3 + M2c
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
This kid likes to register a lot of his cars in Montana. Do insurance companies even care about where the car is registered, knowing the car has never seen the state of Montana? This looks like a total loss.
it is legally fine to do it.

but you probably won't get much sympathy from the officer when they pull you over and see you're in a fancy car trying to duck local taxes.
__________________

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 6
P110256.00
jesm181.00
nicholasn115.00
      09-29-2022, 01:13 PM   #10
dgoldenz
Major
1345
Rep
1,489
Posts

Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
Yeah no idea what that truck was doing. Probably got distracted or carried too much speed into the turn. Either way 100 percent their fault.

Sucks for Adam. The chance of landing another pts car is years away. And getting the insurance to pay out the actually market value of 100 over sticker + mods is going to be tough.
That's what agreed value insurance is for. If you have a car worth $100k over sticker and don't have that you're an idiot.
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle4259.00
      09-29-2022, 01:33 PM   #11
AlexFL
Brigadier General
7650
Rep
4,597
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
That's what agreed value insurance is for. If you have a car worth $100k over sticker and don't have that you're an idiot.
There is this and also the diminished value claim which is calculated based on the real market value.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 02:16 PM   #12
P1
Lieutenant General
P1's Avatar
10256
Rep
10,672
Posts

Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
This kid likes to register a lot of his cars in Montana. Do insurance companies even care about where the car is registered, knowing the car has never seen the state of Montana? This looks like a total loss.
I've always viewed it as a bum move. If you can't afford the sales tax, maybe look at a different car.

In regards to the insurance question: some insurance companies that insure these types of vehicles probably know exactly what the owner is doing and are cool with it. Others will wonder why your car is registered in Montana but you're operating it in another state and deny your claim.

If you see a lot of this going on where you live, be a good citizen and report it.

Appreciate 2
      09-29-2022, 02:30 PM   #13
AlexFL
Brigadier General
7650
Rep
4,597
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
I've always viewed it as a bum move. If you can't afford the sales tax, maybe look at a different car.

In regards to the insurance question: some insurance companies that insure these types of vehicles probably know exactly what the owner is doing and are cool with it. Others will wonder why your car is registered in Montana but you're operating it in another state and deny your claim.

If you see a lot of this going on where you live, be a good citizen and report it.

Why going after law-abiding citizens who simply exploit a legislative loophole? If you want to stop the Montana trick, go after the Montana law firms who create fake LLCs and insurance companies like Hagerty.
Appreciate 1
Cos270376.50
      09-29-2022, 02:35 PM   #14
billnchristy
Major
963
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: 2022 M440xi GC
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I've only seen florida tags on his cars, but I don't pay that much attention either.

*EDIT* You can see the FL surfer tag when it's being flatbedded.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 02:42 PM   #15
P1
Lieutenant General
P1's Avatar
10256
Rep
10,672
Posts

Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Why going after law-abiding citizens who simply exploit a legislative loophole? If you want to stop the Montana trick, go after the Montana law firms who create fake LLCs and insurance companies like Hagerty.
All about it!
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2022, 02:45 PM   #16
M3WC
Colonel
2174
Rep
2,527
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
I've only seen florida tags on his cars, but I don't pay that much attention either.

*EDIT* You can see the FL surfer tag when it's being flatbedded.
Some of his cars. Wasn't sure what plates were on his GT3.




Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 03:08 PM   #17
billnchristy
Major
963
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: 2022 M440xi GC
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Funny that the supra of all things has a Montana tag but not the 200+k car.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 04:06 PM   #18
M3WC
Colonel
2174
Rep
2,527
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'd like to hear both sides of the story. I find it interesting a dude who makes his living from posting videos on the internet wasn't recording on this particular drive, especially as lead car.

Also, the girl was supposed to be driving the Porsche except she had the wrong shoes? Lol. And the bikes had pulled over on the side of the road instead of another 200 feet to get to the turnout. Maybe the Porsches were harassing the scooters in a friendly game Chase. Lot of crap said on the video unnecessary to mention.

It would be interesting to know what the signage for that section of road and what the speed limit is, and his speed. It looks like he was probably over speed for the curve with his Porsche dudes up his ass and truck was in his path and he couldn't use the big brakes.

Speed limits are set for road conditions and sight lines based on human reaction times rather than 911 grip limits.
The particular event he attended, most of the group drive the roads well excess of the speed limit. LZ has attended this event several times before. He has videos last year in 991.2 RS, 90+ on these very tight roads.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 04:07 PM   #19
M3WC
Colonel
2174
Rep
2,527
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'd like to hear both sides of the story. I find it interesting a dude who makes his living from posting videos on the internet wasn't recording on this particular drive, especially as lead car.

Also, the girl was supposed to be driving the Porsche except she had the wrong shoes? Lol. And the bikes had pulled over on the side of the road instead of another 200 feet to get to the turnout. Maybe the Porsches were harassing the scooters in a friendly game Chase. Lot of crap said on the video unnecessary to mention.

It would be interesting to know what the signage for that section of road and what the speed limit is, and his speed. It looks like he was probably over speed for the curve with his Porsche dudes up his ass and truck was in his path and he couldn't use the big brakes.

Speed limits are set for road conditions and sight lines based on human reaction times rather than 911 grip limits.
The particular event he attended, most of the group drive the roads well excess of the speed limit. LZ has attended this event several times before. He has videos last year in 991.2 RS, 90+ on these very tight roads. Either way looks like this lady crossed a double yellow before a blind turn, not very smart. Especially considering the tail of the dragon is mostly ridden by motorcyclists.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7650.00
      09-29-2022, 04:16 PM   #20
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
2210
Rep
3,450
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Best part of the video...exhaust notes.
Appreciate 1
dizz81145.00
      09-29-2022, 05:44 PM   #21
Humdizzle
Colonel
4259
Rep
2,777
Posts

Drives: GT3 + M2c
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

even if he was speeding i'd still say its her all her fault. there are double yellows there, because it is a blind corner. double yellows mean you don't cross, ever. you keep driving until you find an area where its legal to turn around.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 09:29 PM   #22
RM7
Brigadier General
RM7's Avatar
2424
Rep
3,034
Posts

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I drive on roads every day that have solid yellow lines and no breaks for driveways. It means no passing; not no turning.
Yep, and I have examples of ones that have turn indications painter on the pavement, showing a turn across a double yellow
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST