BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW f20 no audio or bongs

04-19-2020, 03:24 AM   #1
Bobalongb58
Registered
Rep
Drives: M140i

BMW f20 no audio or bongs

Hi, I’ve searched and found similar issues but no solution, so need some help.

I was installing an amp to power the front speakers and under seat woofers, with the rears running off the head unit, but while setting it up I’ve lost all sounds.

My car is the base audio, to which I’ve added components in the doors but they needed the amplifier to sound good.

I was trying to get sound from the amp which was not easy as it needed to be run at full volume to set up the dsp, so I faded all sound to the front. I then read that I needed the engine running so started it. Petty much as soon as I started the engine I got a faint electrical burning smell so switched it all off. I tunrnd it back on but now no sound at all.

There are no sounds at all with the engine off, then really faint distorted sounds with the engine running.

I’ve put everything back to standard wiring but it’s still not working, even the parking sensors have gone silent.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Last edited by Bobalongb58; 04-19-2020 at 03:32 AM..
Appreciate 0