BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Integra coming back

03-06-2022, 04:22 PM   #199
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
What a joke.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 06:13 PM   #200
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Just when things can't seem to get worse for the new Integra...

2023 Acura Integra Trim Levels Leaked, CVT Is Standard

Yikes... It's like they're going backwards. Even the ILX had a DCT.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima

Last edited by wtwo3; 03-06-2022 at 06:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 07:59 PM   #201
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Nothing says sporty like a CVT.
Appreciate 2
      03-07-2022, 02:15 AM   #202
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

The Civic's interior looks upscale for its segment, yet somehow the ILX...ahem..."Integra" interior manages to look wholly forgettable.

I think the upcoming Civic Type R is going to be a far more compelling vehicle. And unlike the current model, it will actually be a really good looking ride.
Appreciate 3
      03-08-2022, 08:22 AM   #203
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

May I remind everyone the current 3-series has no option for a manual transmission in the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 08:23 AM   #204
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Nothing says sporty like a CVT.
I'd say the same for an automatic...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 08:52 AM   #205
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'd say the same for an automatic...
Quote:
May I remind everyone the current 3-series has no option for a manual transmission in the US.
There's quite the difference between a G20 3 Series with the fantastic ZF transmission (yes still a torque converter), and a CVT...any CVT.
      03-08-2022, 10:28 AM   #206
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
There's quite the difference between a G20 3 Series with the fantastic ZF transmission (yes still a torque converter), and a CVT...any CVT.
Right. Neither are a manual transmission.
Appreciate 1
nicholasn261.00
      03-08-2022, 01:43 PM   #207
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Don't be one of those guys.
Appreciate 3
ntg442888.50
Burrcold5321.00
PhaceN52173.50
      03-08-2022, 03:05 PM   #208
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
G80

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 11:39 AM   #209
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Acura Unveils the 5th Generation Integra

An Icon for the Next Generation: 2023 Acura Integra Revealed as a Premium Performance Gateway for a New Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura Newsroom
March 10, 2022 — TORRANCE, Calif.
  • Integra features a dynamic, sporty design with a coupe-like roofline and segment-exclusive liftback body style
  • Powerful turbocharged VTEC engine, sport-tuned chassis and the only 6-speed manual transmission in its segment provide an exhilarating driving experience
  • Class-leading technology includes standard 10.2-inch Acura Precision Cockpit™ digital gauge cluster and available 16-speaker ELS STUDIO 3D® premium audio system
  • The uniquely aspirational yet attainable 2023 Integra will start at around $30,000, with reservations starting today for delivery this Spring
  • Limited edition Integra NFT opportunity for first 500 reservations with deposit

The 2023 Integra returns one of the brand's most iconic nameplates to the Acura lineup, delivering a premium, exhilarating driving experience and a sleek liftback design to a new generation of enthusiast drivers. A premium sport compact inspired by the fun-to-drive spirit of previous Integras, the all-new model will arrive at dealers this Spring with a starting price of about $30,000, to become the new performance gateway of the Acura brand. The 2023 Integra is available for reservation at participating dealers starting today, and the first 500 customers to reserve their next gen Integra will have the opportunity to claim a limited edition NFT.

"The 2023 Acura Integra is serving the same role in the lineup as the original model that helped launch the brand three decades ago by bringing in the next generation of driving enthusiast," said Emile Korkor, Assistant Vice President, Acura National Sales. "With its engaging driving character, flexible five-door liftback body style and advanced technology and features, the Integra will welcome a host of new buyers to the Acura brand."

Completing Acura's return to Precision Crafted Performance, the new Integra is powered by a high-output turbocharged engine delivering 200 horsepower and paired with either a segment-exclusive 6-speed manual or a continuously variable transmission (CVT). An ultra-rigid body structure and sport tuned chassis are tuned for an exhilarating driving experience. As the only 5-door liftback in the premium sport compact segment, Integra offers sleek style while benefitting from the extended cargo flexibility enabled by the liftback bodystyle. Designed to engage the driver in all aspects, Integra also features generous rear seat legroom that's rarely encountered in its class.

Sporty and personal, Integra's distinctive driver-focused interior design creates the perfect environment for spirited driving. A high level of standard features includes a 10.2-inch Acura Precision Cockpit™ digital gauge display, smart phone integration, 8-speaker premium audio system and USB-C charging. High-tech available features include a head-up display (HUD), wireless smart phone charging, Amazon Alexa Built-in and 16-speaker ELS STUDIO 3D® audio system.

The 2023 Integra sets a new benchmark for both active and passive safety technology in the premium compact class with Acura's rigid Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, cutting-edge airbag designs and an updated AcuraWatch™ suite of active safety and driver-assistive technologies. Groundbreaking new first-in-segment front airbags for the driver and front passenger are designed to reduce the risk of traumatic brain and neck injuries. Rear seat side airbags are standard.

Fun, Engaging Performance
Integra's class-leading driving dynamics and engaging performance is built upon an exceptionally rigid body and sport-tuned chassis combined with Integra's fully independent suspension to deliver precise, sporty handling and a comfortable ride. Integra also benefits from powerful brakes and precise variable-ratio steering.

A standard Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) enables the Integra driver to choose between three distinct driving modes (Comfort, Normal and Sport) for the throttle response, automatic transmission mapping, steering feel and gauge coloration. A-Spec with Technology Package adds adjustments for in-cabin sound, plus an "Individual" mode that allows the driver to customize the IDS setting combinations to their liking.

An available Adaptive Damper System (ADS) gives drivers even more precise control of Integra's ride and handling performance with distinct damping characteristics for Comfort, Normal and Sport driving modes. Drivers also can customize their driving experience with an Individual mode that allows independent selection of steering, engine response, and suspension firmness for a tailored driving experience at the touch of a button.

Under Integra's aluminum hood is a VTEC®-enhanced DOHC 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine producing 200 horsepower (SAE net @ 6,000 rpm) and 192 lb.-ft. of torque (SAE net @ 1,800 - 5,000 rpm). A new coil type exhaust system adds an emotional exhaust sound that further enhances Integra's engaging driving experience.

Tuned specifically for the high-output turbocharged engine, Integra's standard CVT automatic transmission responds quickly to throttle inputs and Step Shift programming simulates gear changes when accelerating. For added driver control, steering wheel-mounted shifter paddles are standard.

An available segment-exclusive 6-speed manual transmission dials up the engagement even further. The short-throw, close-ratio 6-speed features automatic rev matching for the ultimate in precision driving. To maximize available traction when accelerating out of corners, power is routed through a helical limited-slip differential (LSD) in manual transmission-equipped vehicles.

Sleek Exterior Design
The 2023 Integra features sporty and compact proportions inspired by previous Integras, specifically the original 5-door model that helped launch the Acura brand in 1986. The new Integra combines a coupe-like profile with surprising flexibility thanks to its liftback design. Thin A-pillars and a low cowl create an expansive greenhouse for excellent outward visibility which is also beneficial during spirited driving.

Integra continues Acura's alluring contrast design language, first seen on the 2019 RDX. A sophisticated front fascia features a frameless version of Acura's Diamond Pentagon grille, framed by four JewelEye® LED headlight elements and "Chicane" LED daytime running lights. LED fog lights integrated into the lower fascia are available.

An aggressive rear fascia with dual exhaust finishers emphasizes the Integra's wide track and sporty stance. An upswept decklid and wide, single piece LED taillights harken back to previous generation models, and the embossed Integra logos in the front and rear fascia recall the 3rd generation car. Distinctive 17-inch alloy wheels are standard while 18-inch wheels are optional, and accessory 19-inch wheels are available.

An available A-Spec® sport-appearance package pumps up the visual style with a gloss-black window surrounds and front and rear fascia trim. A sporty lip spoiler and A-Spec® badges adorn the front fenders and tailgate. Shark Gray 18-inch alloy wheels are wrapped in larger 235/40R18 all-season performance tires.

Sporty and Personal Interior Experience
Inside, Integra has a sporty and personal cabin featuring high-quality materials and switchgear, with all touch points imparting a premium feel. The climate control vents reflect the diamond mesh pattern of the grille, highlighted by piano-black trim.

Integra's low cowl, thin pillars and door-mounted exterior mirrors help create exceptional visibility. Rear seat passengers enjoy generous legroom and to support active lifestyles, Integra's 60/40 split rear seatbacks can be folded flat to flexibly expand the cargo area.

Standard on the 2023 Integra are new body-stabilizing and heated front seats wrapped in synthetic leather, with 8-way power adjustment for the driver, available in either Ebony, Red or Orchid. The optional Technology Package adds a 12-way power seat (includes lumbar support) for the driver (4-way for the front passenger) as well as microsuede inserts for the front seats.

When equipped with the A-Spec® sport appearance package, Integra communicates its performance edge with stainless steel pedals, red gauge needles, and contrast stitching on the steering wheel, seats, shifter and shift boot.

Intelligent Technology
Integra's segment-leading technology includes a standard 10.2-inch Acura Precision Cockpit™ digital gauge cluster with multiple display modes and a 7-inch digital touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration.

The available Technology Package increases the touchscreen size to 9-inches and adds wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, Alexa Built-In, Qi-compatible wireless charging and a 5.3-inch Head-Up Display (HUD). Additionally charging is supported by a USB-C port up front, along with two more USB-C charging ports at the back of the center console for rear-seat passengers.

Standard premium audio is provided via 8-speakers while the available 16-speaker ELS STUDIO 3D® premium audio system adds a new dimension with two Highline™ speakers mounted in the headliner, above the front seat passengers.

Cutting-Edge Safety Features and Performance
As with every Acura model, Integra benefits from Acura's Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, which is designed for improved crash compatibility between vehicles of varying sizes, such as an SUV and a small car, and occupant protection in angled frontal collisions. A new upper A-pillar structure, side frame and lower firewall structure are all engineered to route crash energy around the cabin, rather than through it.

Integra also features a segment-first new generation of driver and passenger front airbags, specifically designed to cradle the head and reduce the risk of brain injuries, especially in offset collisions. Integra's aluminum hood features an embossed inner structure that will distribute the force of an impact with a pedestrian's head in the event of a collision to reduce the likelihood of injury.

Integra's standard AcuraWatch™ suite of driver assistive and safety technologies features an all-new, single-camera system with a wide field of view and long range. Using the new single-camera system, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) can distinguish between vehicles, pedestrians, and even bicycles. It also includes functionality such as Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) and Traffic Jam Assist (TJA, CVT only), and more natural feeling responses for functions such as Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and the Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS).

Also standard on every Integra is a blind spot information system (BSI) with Rear Cross-Traffic Monitoring. Integra A-Spec® with Technology Package includes front and rear parking sensors and Low-Speed Braking Control (LSBC).

Manufactured in the U.S.
Production of the 2023 Integra will mark the first time Integra is built in America, to begin soon in Marysville, Ohio, on the same production line as the Acura TLX*. Integra's engine is made exclusively at the Anna Engine Plant in Ohio, which also produces the Type S Turbo V6 that powers TLX Type S, MDX Type S, and the 600-horsepower twin-turbo V6 of the NSX Type S supercar.

* using domestic and globally-sourced parts

Name:  01 2023 Acura Integra (1).jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  638.5 KB

Name:  04 2023 Acura Integra.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  636.6 KB

Name:  05 2023 Acura Integra.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  567.1 KB

Name:  12 2023 Acura Integra.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  319.2 KB

Name:  26 2023 Acura Integra.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  272.6 KB

Name:  25 2023 Acura Integra.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  616.8 KB

Name:  34 2023 Acura Integra.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  626.7 KB

Name:  37 2023 Acura Integra.jpg
Views: 1094
Size:  545.7 KB

Name:  30 2023 Acura Integra.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  217.4 KB
      03-10-2022, 01:34 PM   #210
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep

If you like the current Acura front end I guess this isn't too bad but the coupe rear end doesn't quite work for me. I suppose if you are a Honda person and want a premium version of the Civic Si this could be up your alley. I now understand why Honda made the Si a pretty bare bones model in the USA (it doesn't get the nice LCD instrument cluster, fog lights, parking sensors, dual zone climate control, etc compared to Canadian version) as to keep some separation between the cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 02:13 PM   #211
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
I see they went with the Kia Stinger interior.
Appreciate 1
gatorfast4997.50
      03-10-2022, 02:40 PM   #212
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

I wonder what the mpg figures are, I could only find "30 combined," which doesn't seem very impressive. Our '18 Mazda 3 will knock down almost 40 on the highway, has a plenty decent N/A 2.5 engine with 185 hp and 184 tq (although not over that large spread.

If Mazda can make big naturally aspirated cars with that kind of mileage. My ex-wifes Mazda 6 Grand Touring with the e-package was rated at 40 on the highway and did better in real life, with the same NA 2.5 4 cylinder.

Certainly Honda/Acura can build a more efficient NA engine to get the same mileage without the added cost, weight, and complexity of a turbo.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 09:14 AM   #213
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Acura PR Reveals Integra Transmission Take Rate

Acura: 70 Percent Of Integra Reservation Holders Want Manual Trans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor1
Andrew Quillin from Acura’s PR team recently announced on Twitter that the reservations for the new Integra are trending above 70 percent for the manual gearbox option. Honestly, this is a little surprising for us and it appears that even the automaker wasn’t expecting such a high portion of the early reservations to be for manuals, considering that historically the MT accounted for about 50 percent of model’s sales in the 1986-2001 period.
Name:  tweet.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  102.4 KB
Game7405.50
      03-20-2022, 10:51 PM   #214
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

If my options were limited to cvt or manual I would definitely pick the manual
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 12:24 AM   #215
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Hard pass, this is basically a more expensive and heavier Si with leather interior.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      03-21-2022, 06:53 AM   #216
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
Hard pass, this is basically a more expensive and heavier Si with leather interior.
Just what the enthusiasts want!
Appreciate 1
E92inNC1709.50
      04-21-2022, 07:15 PM   #217
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

https://www.integraforums.com/forum/...d-video.50115/

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 10:07 PM   #218
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

They should have sold it as an Accord

No part of it resembles an Integra. There is not a single sports coupe in their whole line up, what a joke. Even Nissan has the upcoming Z to excite us.

If they come up with something like this, they would have a genuine weapon against the GR86/BRZ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
overcoil3073.50
Mingwan1892.50
Donatello.1083.50
      04-22-2022, 07:50 AM   #219
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep

That would have been cool if it looked like that but it would have required a totally new body on that chassis and it's pretty evident by the finished product that the plan for Honda all along was to provide a new Integra on the cheap, incurring as little development costs as possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 01:31 PM   #220
stein_325i
No_Country
Rep

Acura Announces Pricing for New Integra

2023 Acura Integra Set for Early June Arrival, Pricing Announced
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura Newsroom
April 28, 2022 — TORRANCE, Calif.
Integra pricing to start at $30,800 (MSRP3)
All 2023 Acura models come with complimentary new Acura Maintenance Program1 offering select factory-scheduled service
The all-new 2023 Integra will mark the return of an iconic nameplate to the Acura lineup when it begins arriving at dealerships in early June at a starting price of $30,800. A premium, turbocharged 5-door liftback designed for a new generation of enthusiast drivers, the Integra A-Spec® with Technology Package, and the segment’s only 6-speed manual transmission, will have an MSRP of $35,800.

Adding peace of mind and lower cost of ownership for all 2023 model Acura customers is the new Acura Maintenance Program1 which covers select factory-scheduled maintenance, as indicated by the vehicle’s Maintenance Minder system, performed at a participating Acura dealership for the first two years or 24,000 miles2, whichever comes first. The complimentary program includes standard oil and filter changes, tire rotations and multi-point inspections and is also fully transferrable to subsequent owners while active.

Adding still more peace of mind, the 2023 Acura Integra comes standard with three years of AcuraLink™ services at no extra cost. More information about AcuraLink™ is available here.

Key Integra Features:
  • Premium 5-door liftback with exclusive design touches, including a frameless Diamond Pentagon grille with a new diamond pattern, and Integra logo embossed in the front and rear fascias
  • First-ever factory turbocharged Integra features 1.5-liter VTEC® turbo engine producing 200 hp (SAE net at 6,000 rpm) and 192 lb.-ft. of torque (SAE net at 1,800-5,000 rpm)
  • Segment-exclusive 6-speed manual transmission delivers crisp gear changes for a thrilling driving experience (offered with A-Spec® with Technology Package)
  • Sport-tuned suspension makes Integra fun-to-drive, available Adaptive Damper System gives driver precise control of damper settings (A-Spec® with Technology Package)
  • Integrated Dynamics System includes Sport, Comfort, Normal driving modes, with available customizable Individual mode (A-Spec® with Technology Package)
  • Sporty and personal cabin features a driver-focused cockpit design, premium materials and precise detailing and a large greenhouse for exceptional outward visibility
  • The only liftback in its segment, Integra has class-leading rear seat legroom and cargo volume
  • Standard 10.2-inch all-digital Acura Precision Cockpit™ instrument cluster and available head-up display with user-selectable content (A-Spec® with Technology Package)
  • Available 9-inch touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, Qi-compatible wireless charging, and 16-speaker ELS STUDIO 3D® audio (A-Spec® with Technology Package)
  • Standard advanced safety features include driver and passenger airbags designed to control head rotation in a crash, rear seat airbags and a new single-camera AcuraWatch® system with enhanced Traffic Jam Assist (TJA) and Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
Name:  trims.JPG
Views: 948
Size:  45.4 KB