BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Nbt evo atm retrofit idea

02-19-2023, 07:02 PM   #1
JTTUNING
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118I 2013

Nbt evo atm retrofit idea

I have succesfully retrofitted an ID6 NBT EVO without an ATM/TCB module. I am aware that the VIN in the HU and TCB/ATM have to match for the connected drive/online services to work. currently i do have connected drive working like bmw apps and have full FSC enabled. I was wondering if i put a donor ATM/TCB and inserted an NBT EVO emulator between the HU and TCB/ATM would the ATM/TCB send the required the code to the HU to complete setup in the myBMW app. I would like to keep VIN in HU the same as its org VIN of car and has full FSC.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 12:02 AM   #2
billowusu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTTUNING View Post
I have succesfully retrofitted an ID6 NBT EVO without an ATM/TCB module. I am aware that the VIN in the HU and TCB/ATM have to match for the connected drive/online services to work. currently i do have connected drive working like bmw apps and have full FSC enabled. I was wondering if i put a donor ATM/TCB and inserted an NBT EVO emulator between the HU and TCB/ATM would the ATM/TCB send the required the code to the HU to complete setup in the myBMW app. I would like to keep VIN in HU the same as its org VIN of car and has full FSC.
Any update? Kind of wondering too. CarPlay working without atm? I have a kit that I’m yet to install but no atm at the moment. I could just get an atm thankfully but, it’s not vin matched. Few post give warnings that coding atm to a random nbt evo might brick it. Not sure if that’s true?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2023, 01:21 AM   #3
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Carplay can work without ATM. You shouldnt code the ATM since its vin locked. You can change the vin of NBTevo to match the ATM.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 09:33 AM   #4
Junaed08
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 428i M-Sport

Garage List
2013 428i  [0.00]
Hi,

How did you manage to get connected drive working without an ATM?
Appreciate 0