BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 2023: Spanish GP - Barcelona (June 4)

06-10-2023, 02:05 AM   #265
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Many warnings made by drivers about this and that but former IndyCar racer Hinchcliffe 'Hinch' commented if any warning to the others was worth its weight in gold then it is without doubt from Verstappen.
Asking who had the FL nearing race end and being told it was Checo, Max pulverised Checo's time by 3/10's on older tires and without DRS on the last lap.
The reality of the situation is that Merc and AM are only on a wing and a prayer to even think of catching Max (and hopefully an improved Checo).
Link
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...s-hinchcliffe/
Yes Max is on another level.
Of course he has the best car, but the difference between Max and Checo, is considerable, and my guess is that it'll grow as the season progresses, just like last year, when the difference between Max and Checo grew and grew, despite having the same car.
Max is just a better, more focussed driver. He makes less mistakes and when he races he's at 100% all of the time.
The way he cut through the field at the Miami GP was awesome to see. Compare that with now Checo cut through the field in the spanish gp, and that just looked very slow and sluggish. It took him ages to get past some of the drivers where Max needed no more than one or two corners to outmanouvre the same drivers. (ALO for example)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59512.50
      06-10-2023, 02:39 AM   #266
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Yes Max is on another level.
Of course he has the best car, but the difference between Max and Checo, is considerable, and my guess is that it'll grow as the season progresses, just like last year, when the difference between Max and Checo grew and grew, despite having the same car.
Max is just a better, more focussed driver. He makes less mistakes and when he races he's at 100% all of the time.
The way he cut through the field at the Miami GP was awesome to see. Compare that with now Checo cut through the field in the spanish gp, and that just looked very slow and sluggish. It took him ages to get past some of the drivers where Max needed no more than one or two corners to outmanouvre the same drivers. (ALO for example)
The fallout with Max over the '22 Monaco quali affair has impacted on Checo and with his foolish Monaco crash now while under no pressure from anyone then adding insult to injury having the floor of the car seen by the challenging teams when being winched up would have me as manager giving him his cards and handing Ricciardo the drive.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2023, 02:10 PM   #267
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

#FerrariThings

At 4:00

Appreciate 2
M5Rick59512.50
      06-14-2023, 03:43 AM   #268
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
#FerrariThings

At 4:00

Chas was braking and short on 3kph on bold Carlos, CL better watch out because if someone replaces someone Carlos doesn't want it to be him and is determined to beat his TM.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2023, 07:30 AM   #269
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Chas was braking and short on 3kph on bold Carlos, CL better watch out because if someone replaces someone Carlos doesn't want it to be him and is determined to beat his TM.
Go to 4:00 and watch. The car wasn't "Broken" but an engineer or mechanic made some sort of technical gaff prior to qualifying. I'll still put my money on Charlie as Ferrari's best driver.
Appreciate 1