BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Business/Professional Navi Features

03-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
potxotxo
Spain
Rep
Drives: e87 116d

Business/Professional Navi Features

Hi everybody!

First of all, I introduce myself to all of you: I have been following the forum for a week or so and I reckon I really enjoy it.

I have been happily driving an e87 116d for over a couple of years and I am considering the possibility of acquiring a F20: the Efficient Dynamics edition. I am now thinking about the equipment to fit it with, so I may have to ask you owners some questions before taking a decision.

Today it is for me all about Navigation Systems, do you know if:

1. Is it possible to navigate to the address of a contact you have on your iPhone4 with either the business or the professional navi?

2. It seems that professional navi maps are stored on a hard drive. How about the business navi? Are they stored permanently on the car or is it necessary to have a CD/DVD permanently inserted in the system for the navi to work correctly?

3. Does any of this systems offer the possibility of being alerted on speed cams?

4. Is it very expensive to update maps buying them from the dealer? And if so, if I ever borrow an updated map from somebody, will I be able to install it in the system (either business or professional)?

Thank you so much for your time and for posting about your cars, they all look great and they are inspiring for me at this point of the choosing process.

Best as ever,

Potxotxo
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
potxotxo
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by potxotxo
Hi everybody!

First of all, I introduce myself to all of you: I have been following the forum for a week or so and I reckon I really enjoy it.

I have been happily driving an e87 116d for over a couple of years and I am considering the possibility of acquiring a F20: the Efficient Dynamics edition. I am now thinking about the equipment to fit it with, so I may have to ask you owners some questions before taking a decision.

Today it is for me all about Navigation Systems, do you know if:

1. Is it possible to navigate to the address of a contact you have on your iPhone4 with either the business or the professional navi?

2. It seems that professional navi maps are stored on a hard drive. How about the business navi? Are they stored permanently on the car or is it necessary to have a CD/DVD permanently inserted in the system for the navi to work correctly?

3. Does any of this systems offer the possibility of being alerted on speed cams?

4. Is it very expensive to update maps buying them from the dealer? And if so, if I ever borrow an updated map from somebody, will I be able to install it in the system (either business or professional)?

Thank you so much for your time and for posting about your cars, they all look great and they are inspiring for me at this point of the choosing process.

Best as ever,

Potxotxo
So, anybody could throw a bit of light on these concerns? It would be much appreciated mates
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
Fanis
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 116i (F20) Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by potxotxo View Post

1. Yes it is, as long as you have the Bluetooth function, so you can pair the iphone with the car.

2. The professional uses a 12gb hard disk, in which the maps are stored, but also you can store music there. The Business uses an internal memory (like flash memory), solely for the storage of maps.

3. No, it does not.

4. Do not know the price...it depends on the country. No, you cannot install it by yourself.
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
potxotxo
Spain
Rep

Thank you Fanis! Your answers were really helpful
Appreciate 0