BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > [BIMMERCODE] PDC Button activation

01-17-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
french.f20
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 (116D) - 2012

[BIMMERCODE] PDC Button activation

Hi everyone !

Sorry in advance for my bad English, I'll try to si my best but it isn't my first language.
Sorry in advance to, if the subject isn't at the good place : I'm new.

So !

I have a BMW F20 from 2012 (116D) equipped with REAR PDC. So as everyone should know, only rear PDC doesn't came with turn ON/OFF button inside the car.
If I engage the rear shift, it turn on, then it turn off only if I shutdown the engine.

Problem : It often happens that I park, and I stay without turning off the engine, so the "beep, beep" keep beeping and it's boring.

I saw on a forum, that a owner of a 2 series have the same configuration, and the same problem : and he bought a OEM piece (the one with turn ON/OFF Button), uninstall the old one, and replacing by the new one. And it worked well ! Just plug and play, without front PDC.

I managed to do the same, so I bought the same OEM piece. I plug it, but it doesn't work. What is strange is that when I'm in reverse, the green led turn ON, to indicate that PDC is on, but clicking on the button doesn't turn it off.

I've already saw people with the same problem as me, but no answer.
I want to add that the piece is electronically the same. The motherboard of it is the same, same number of pins, and all pins are cabled, So I suppose that the problem is software.

I hope that lines to code in "Expert Mode" but don't know at all.
If anyone know how to do it, It will be wonderful.

THANK you in advance !
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 03:54 AM   #2
jamessfarnell
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 SDrive18D 2020

Yes, you need to have the button codded to your car.

This can be done with the Bimmercode and app, or by a workshop with the appropriate software.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #3
french.f20
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamessfarnell View Post
Yes, you need to have the button codded to your car.

This can be done with the Bimmercode and app, or by a workshop with the appropriate software.
Thank you for your answer. Appreciate it a lot !

But as you could read above, I know that BimmerCode is required.
now I need to know which lines need modification, in "Expert Mode" to activate it
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 05:08 AM   #4
Shaky2000
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i LCI

I have a 2016 and I added the button. You have to make sure the 2 wires for PIN1 & 2 on the blue plug are connected to the Module under the centre console bu the handbrake. I had PIN 2 connected but Not Pin 1- Once I did this the button worked without programming.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 05:31 AM   #5
french.f20
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky2000 View Post
I have a 2016 and I added the button. You have to make sure the 2 wires for PIN1 & 2 on the blue plug are connected to the Module under the centre console bu the handbrake. I had PIN 2 connected but Not Pin 1- Once I did this the button worked without programming.
Ok nice ! Thanks a lot for your answer !
Could you, if it's possible, take a picture of PINS you're talking about ?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 07:57 AM   #6
Shaky2000
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i LCI

Sure - it is the blue plug and wiring in the image.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 08:09 AM   #7
JovanUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 M4 F83 CP, '18 M140i SHA.

will this be possible for lci2 1 series with rear pdc and rear view cam? and with this button will work properly so you can activate pdc and camera without going into reverse? thanks

"If it depreciates, lease it. If it appreciates, buy it."
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 04:48 AM   #8
manuelp
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118D Sport

Hi guys I have almost the same problem .. I'm doing the retrofit of the pdc to my f20 not left the parent company.
I changed the rem control unit and inserted all the necessary wiring .. but before proceeding I would like to know how to insert the central pdc button near the gearbox. Do you have a diagram to understand how and where these 2 pins are inserted? And after that the key must be coded with esys?

At this retrofit shawnsheridan is my big help.
Appreciate 0