BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

08-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #10495
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Maybe he flies ultralights.
Maybe he parachutes in
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #10496
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
JFC….this endless circle of advice is pointless.

Literally a regurgitation of the exact same direction from 3 years ago….

shoei ….get your people….
Oh I was about to say - "da fuck? It's like none of us ever left" but I was wrong. It's worse, lol.

I mean, it's the same simpy circle jerk around Sara. Sara, loves to feed the simps, it's, entertaining sometimes because, well, it's very cringe lol. Like watching a slow motion train wreck I suppose.

But other times, it's too much. And some of y'all haven't figured out that half of what Sara says is just trolling. I mean, one hopes, LOL. Plus, she's been in Mississippi for a minute now. Southern cooking isn't healthy. She could be the size of the Goodyear blimp is all I'm saying.
Most astute observation……..one worth further consideration. Though I only came to this thread more recently, the pattern is obvious. It's crazy that this same thing was occurring 3 years ago, yet, here we are.
Three?!!! Man I hope you're like this with numbers if you ever pull me over, lol. This was going on before 2016 at least. That's just from my knowledge, lol.

This has probably been going on since dial up internet.
I thought someone referenced 3 years ago. Well damn, this is even more saddening if this merry-go-round dates back to 2016 or earlier.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:44 PM   #10497
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Five acres will get you a serviceable 75 x 3,000 foot grass strip.

For benchmark comparison, the monster-sized Space Shuttle runway at Kennedy Space Center (300' x 15,000') is a smidge over 100 acres.....
5 acres is 217,800 ft.². And, who has a piece of property that’s only 75 feet wide?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #10498
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Eastern TN or…?
Yes sir.

Quote:
I thought someone referenced 3 years ago. Well damn, this is even more saddening if this merry-go-round dates back to 2016 or earlier.
Try 2008 and before.

Quote:
Three?!!! Man I hope you're like this with numbers if you ever pull me over, lol. This was going on before 2016 at least. That's just from my knowledge, lol.

I managed to click the rating button at the top a couple of weeks ago to sort threads in order of rating, due to someone giving all their own threads a 5 star rating. Oddly enough, I found this gem dating back to 2008.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187231
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15695.00
      08-10-2021, 02:53 PM   #10499
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Wait, you never told us who is giving their own threads five stars.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 02:57 PM   #10500
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Any married people get caught out on a date? Just asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Nope….
Quote:
My brother from another mother. We were cut from the same fabric. Allow me to share a little silly story….

….so, most guys are scared of rejection. I find it weak to be honest; you can't pull every chick you meet. Anyway, we had just left the gym and had stopped by Ralph's to buy something. A few buddies were really attracted to this woman, but were scared to approach her. I offered to initiate the conversation so one of them could piggyback and try to make the connection. They declined! Shortly thereafter, we're in the aisle and the same woman - who was really attractive and who had presumably been in the same gym we were in based on her attire - comes walking toward us and she had a broom and a few items in her hand. Me being me, and one who never passes up an opportunity when I'm single, I made eye contact with her and said, "Soooo, were you coming to sweep me off of my feet?!?" She cracked up laughing and ultimately I got her number and…..the inevitable happened. It's that simple if you can think on your feet and not worry about someone declining your advance(s).
HaHa, being as smooth as I am I would have made a crack about flying away on the broom and gotten 5 fingers across the face
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25022.00
DocL1930.00
      08-10-2021, 02:57 PM   #10501
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Eastern TN or…?
Yes sir.

Quote:
Try 2008 and before.

Quote:

I managed to click the rating button at the top a couple of weeks ago to sort threads in order of rating, due to someone giving all their own threads a 5 star rating. Oddly enough, I found this gem dating back to 2008.

What a find. Sounds like advice falls on deaf ears.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 02:58 PM   #10502
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
Any married people get caught out on a date? Just asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Nope….
Quote:
My brother from another mother. We were cut from the same fabric. Allow me to share a little silly story….

….so, most guys are scared of rejection. I find it weak to be honest; you can't pull every chick you meet. Anyway, we had just left the gym and had stopped by Ralph's to buy something. A few buddies were really attracted to this woman, but were scared to approach her. I offered to initiate the conversation so one of them could piggyback and try to make the connection. They declined! Shortly thereafter, we're in the aisle and the same woman - who was really attractive and who had presumably been in the same gym we were in based on her attire - comes walking toward us and she had a broom and a few items in her hand. Me being me, and one who never passes up an opportunity when I'm single, I made eye contact with her and said, "Soooo, were you coming to sweep me off of my feet?!?" She cracked up laughing and ultimately I got her number and…..the inevitable happened. It's that simple if you can think on your feet and not worry about someone declining your advance(s).
HaHa, being as smooth as I am I would have made a crack about flying away on the broom and gotten 5 fingers across the face
Depending on how you spun it, that might've worked too. Lol!
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4484.50
      08-10-2021, 03:17 PM   #10503
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

So is it going to be a bunch of dudes "simping" on Sara or a circle jerk of redpillers talking about what badasses they are?

Quote:
In on this. I'd much rather have someone come up to me in person as opposed to walking past me then message me after. Backwards world we live in.
I think a lot is lost in translation...

"Coming up" cold is one thing. Of course as a guy, as long as youre secure and not afraid of a strong woman, it would usually be welcome. But I could see where women just get annoyed with it. Someone coming in cold, like in a bar, is someone youre having to shoot down or give a shot based on literally nothing but how they look. And Ive seen some redpillers lose their minds over being shot down (like calling a woman a slut for NOT wanting to sleep with him), so Im sure women would be on edge for that shit.

Now if its someone in a social group, hobby, work, school, etc that is another matter. You're probably not coming in cold.

As for the apps, Ive not really used them but a few friends have had real success. But its not like "walk by and then message later," its more like the coming in completely cold like in the bar. But this time you have some sort of a profile to know if the person is a creep, ultra religious, smokes like a chimney, etc. So I could see the appeal of at least finding out youre on the same page before wasting time.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 03:20 PM   #10504
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Eastern TN or…?
Yes sir.

Quote:
Try 2008 and before.

Quote:

I worked in Eastern TN for about a year - near JC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-10-2021, 03:24 PM   #10505
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
5 acres is 217,800 ft.². And, who has a piece of property that’s only 75 feet wide?
Someone who sets aside 5.17 acres for a private air strip on their 20 acres of land.

As an example, these guys in our region did almost the exact same thing on an old 24-acre apple orchard:

https://www.hudsonvalleyhornets.com/

Their runway is a 100' x 2800' grass strip.....
      08-10-2021, 03:32 PM   #10506
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Eastern TN or…?
Yes sir.

Quote:
Try 2008 and before.

Quote:

I worked in Eastern TN for about a year - near JC.
I had 2 retail stores in JC at one point. We always referred to it in an N.W.A. style voice "City of John-son"
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 03:34 PM   #10507
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Wait, you never told us who is giving their own threads five stars.
Just look. There is a pattern. It should come as no surprise.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25022.00
      08-10-2021, 04:42 PM   #10508
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

If you think the woman has to make the first move...'Houston we have a problem'
G'night y'all.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 06:04 PM   #10509
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
For the most part, yes.

I have to be in the mood to meet someone. I had a guy come up to me in the frozen food aisle with his child and ask for my number. I hate that shit. I'm tired of it. I get chatted up at gas stations, the gun ranges, I'm tired of it. Periodt!

Edit: Just admire me from a distance. I have no problem making the first move. Let women be the ones to make the move and pursue. I feel like it's always the guys doing this. Just sit back, relax, and let women take charge for once.
That’s what I do. And it seems to work good for me. For example, I met a very famous print model at the gym one day. She was under contract with Vogue/Harpers Bizzare. So, she was in the magazines every month. She just started to talk to me at the gym, every night. She was married. So, we just talked. But, we’d talk for an hour or two, every night that we were both there. One night she said her husband got a new CEO job in Hawaii. She told him that she was staying in California. A couple nights later, she came up stairs at the gym wearing this very tight, low cut, Lace, white dress. I thought to myself, “what the hell is she doing”. She was drop dead gorgeous. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched her. She walked up to me, and said, “do you wanna go out tonight”. I said, “sure”! And that was the start to a very fun relationship. She liked to ride horses, and I trained horses. So, she’d come up to the ranch for horse back rides, jeep rides and whatever. And, she was my girlfriend for a couple years. Till she decided to move to Utah.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 06:36 PM   #10510
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
For the most part, yes.

I have to be in the mood to meet someone. I had a guy come up to me in the frozen food aisle with his child and ask for my number. I hate that shit. I'm tired of it. I get chatted up at gas stations, the gun ranges, I'm tired of it. Periodt!

Edit: Just admire me from a distance. I have no problem making the first move. Let women be the ones to make the move and pursue. I feel like it's always the guys doing this. Just sit back, relax, and let women take charge for once.
That's what I do. And it seems to work good for me. For example, I met a very famous print model at the gym one day. She was under contract with Vogue/Harpers Bizzare. So, she was in the magazines every month. She just started to talk to me at the gym, every night. She was married. So, we just talked. But, we'd talk for an hour or two, every night that we were both there. One night she said her husband got a new CEO job in Hawaii. She told him that she was staying in California. A couple nights later, she came up stairs at the gym wearing this very tight, low cut, Lace, white dress. I thought to myself, "what the hell is she doing". She was drop dead gorgeous. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched her. She walked up to me, and said, "do you wanna go out tonight". I said, "sure"! And that was the start to a very fun relationship. She liked to ride horses, and I trained horses. So, she'd come up to the ranch for horse back rides, jeep rides and whatever. And, she was my girlfriend for a couple years. Till she decided to move to Utah.
Who talks like this. Do you talk like this in real life? I'm just curious.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 06:41 PM   #10511
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For the most part, yes.

That's what I do. And it seems to work good for me. For example, I met a very famous print model at the gym one day. She was under contract with Vogue/Harpers Bizzare. So, she was in the magazines every month. She just started to talk to me at the gym, every night. She was married. So, we just talked. But, we'd talk for an hour or two, every night that we were both there. One night she said her husband got a new CEO job in Hawaii. She told him that she was staying in California. A couple nights later, she came up stairs at the gym wearing this very tight, low cut, Lace, white dress. I thought to myself, "what the hell is she doing". She was drop dead gorgeous. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched her. She walked up to me, and said, "do you wanna go out tonight". I said, "sure"! And that was the start to a very fun relationship. She liked to ride horses, and I trained horses. So, she'd come up to the ranch for horse back rides, jeep rides and whatever. And, she was my girlfriend for a couple years. Till she decided to move to Utah.
This guy just plagiarized a whole plot line from some cheesy romance novel.
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #10512
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For the most part, yes.

This that drugstore smut you used to grow up on? The ones with the I can't believe it's not butter guy on the cover?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 06:45 PM   #10513
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For the most part, yes.

This that drugstore smut you used to grow up on? The ones with the I can't believe it's not butter guy on the cover?
Don't you DARE disrespect Fabio like this. Ever.
Quote:
Appreciate 2
shoei7779.00
UncleWede17979.50
      08-10-2021, 06:46 PM   #10514
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You need to put down the Vodka, Yo!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #10515
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You need to put down the Vodka, Yo!
He passed out!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 09:17 PM   #10516
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For the most part, yes.

Don't you DARE disrespect Fabio like this. Ever.
Yeah, or we will tell Lups